1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

first time buyers nerves?

Dec 1, 2008

1. UPDATE: OMG, I just bought him!!! :o After staring at him all night, I had to do it. Within the next month my Dollzone Hong will be here. EEEEEEEEEEEK!!!

2. I know exactly how you are feeling. I'm considering on getting my first doll this month and am not really sure if it's the doll I really want. She beautiful, but do I like her enough to justify the cost (not to mention having to buy all the accessories to get her to look 'just so').

3. i feel the EXACT same way........im thinking about ordering my 1st bjd soon...
      but i start saying things like "i can get something better than a doll that wont be played with much"
      ive been wanting a bjd for a looong time, and when i get close to ordering it, i start thinking negative thoughts.......i really want one, its just the $ that has to go in them :(

4. I have nerves, too. This is a very tight month financially, but there's a doll I really want on the marketplace right now. I've looked at it every day, and keep checking to see if it's still there... I'm seriously tempted to do a layaway for it, but I have nerves. He's not the one I thought would be first, but is on my wishlist, and I have a bit of money in my paypal balance just sitting there! I might be getting a small Christmas bonus (but maybe not, with the economy like it is) but probably won't know until later in the month. I could just put him on the credit card and pay for him outright, but I'm trying not to do that. I know things will probably get better in the spring, and with tax returns and my birthday I'll have more money, then. I just know I'll be kicking myself if I wait and someone else buys him, though!

5. I started out wanting a starter kit from Angel Region, but now I'm not sure if I want that. . .*shrugs*. . .I know I like the doll that I want from this company, but not sure if I like her enough to warrant such a large purchase. . . .*sigh*. . .

6. That's exactly what I am conflicted about. How to go about paying for the doll. I didn't get the x-mas bonus that I expect to get (mainly do to the fact that I had to switch jobs suddenly) and I could put the purchase on my cc and pay it off in a few months. . .And sure, I like the Angel Region dolls, but it was exactly the purchase I expected to make for my first doll. It's more of an decent offer that I can afford right now. . .so do I go for the doll I like because I can afford it at this moment or do I miss out on this sale and wait to save up more money to buy one of the dolls I really like? . . .decisions, decisions.

7. The other thing that's giving me nerves, that I forgot to mention, is all the specials and new things going on right now. I just have a feeling that as soon as I break down and get this doll (assuming no one else snatches him up), there will be an amazing special or gift from one of the companies with dolls on my wishlist. One that'll make it worth it to me to put the doll on my credit card and pay it off after tax returns come back.

8. I got a little shaky on and off. I think it is to be expected when buying something like this though. I felt guilty because I know that money should go to people and creatures who actually need it. However, I thought about why I wanted it (because I was in love with them, simple as that I guess and they are so highly customizable and changeable, just like a real person) What would I do with it and how much use would it get? Photography, modeling for my art, writing about, sewing for, styling, and playing with if I meet other people with them. And obviously, most of us are not going to be buying them every single day so we still have money and such left to give.

When it came down to it, I just made sure I wanted him now and long term. Had I begun to doubt...I hope I would have waited. I have had buyers remorse over other things and it is not fun. However, now that I own him and spend so much time with him, it relaxes me and makes me feel really nice and I do not regret it at all. Maybe view all the sides and then wait and see if your enthusiasm comes back. If nothing else, you will have a lot of money saved and the doll can wait.

9. Hmm I kinda felt nervous before~ :]
      Like bit more than 1 year ago I planned to buy a Kid Delf but then decided aganst it.

But then I was like I wanna do something special before my 18th so I decided to get a bjd :3
      I'm really happy I got Takeru, I've met heaps of awesome people ^-^

10. i'm only CONSIDERING buying a doll and i have a bit of nerves :lol: let me put it this way: i was afraid that i'd seem childish and immature for buying a doll, but after talking over it with my grandma of all people i feel much more confident about it. i don't have alot of expenses, and if i get a job like i'm planning those will be taken care of. since i'm out of school right now and college is taken care of...it's kind of a "i can do whatever" thing. especially if i work hard and make the money, i deserve to spend it on something i want. in this case, want really badly D:

11. I was sooo nervious. My first doll wasn't a lot of money compaired to what I normally spent things on and I ended up selling her so I wasn't nervious about that. Toshi was a gift, so even if he was an MSD it wasn't me paying for it. Then it came time for Lithian.

$807....I freaked out after I clicked the pay now button. I continued to freak out until I had him in my arms. After that...I would've paid twice as much for him.

12. Weird! That's exactly what happened to me. God Bless Grandmas, I guess. ^.^
      Well guys... she just arrived, and she is PERFECT. I'm still really nervous that we won't bond and she'll be "just a doll," especially because I can't so much as look at her 'till Christmas. Not bonding... that would SUCK (*coughparentscough*) and I still have to prove to mom and dad that I'm not falling prey to some convoluted version of the Peter Pan syndrome. >.<

But oh. She is. SO. PERFECT. I'm so glad I chose her as my first, I wouldn't have it any other way now.

13. I think I've finally decided to wait until around Feb. to try and buy the girl I want because I noticed in the meetup section of the forums, that there was a meet last year at Ikkicon. I went last year but didn't have dolls on the brain at that time. :sweat I'm hoping that if there's another meetup this year I might be able to finally see some dolls up close and in person before finally commiting to buying my girl. It'll also give my bank account time to recover from Christmas shopping. *_*

Even so, I'll still probably be nervous about it.

14. First time nerves are the worst! I was running around like a chicken without a head...

I guess I ended up justifying it by the fact that I didn't have anything else that I wanted to get... I've gotten tired of anime and manga (which previously took my money)

Though I think I was more nervous after it sunk in that I bought the bugger...

All my nerves melted away once I opened the box... I probably would have died if we didn't click...

15. It happened to me as well.
      I had wanted a BJD for quite a long time, a few years, and had been searching around constantly. But it was either because something else came in first or i backed up thinking if the doll really worth it.... Sometimes when its time to make a decision/wish, i tended to forget about the doll, which i assume is because it wasn't that important compare to many other things i want at the moment. The idea is always on my mind, just not the priority...
      Plus, i rarely see BJD in real life, unlike other commodities, that way, when i see one, it would remind me that i want one too.
      So, after all these years, last month, my cousin offered me my b-day gift and said i would ask whatever i want. And at first, i said cosmatics, which i realize that i don't use them that often after purchasing tons here and stock them in my room. It was then the idea of getting a doll suddenly came into my mind and since my parents were back in China, they could bring the doll to me without all those shipping costs.
      Once i had the idea, i jumped at this opportunity to finally ordered my first boy. I am so glad i did it! Even though he is not here yet, i think it is all worth it.

16. I had second time buyer nerves if that makes sense !

I was worried about buying my second doll so I would go to the point of paying for him then I would close the net page !

I did this so many times that I lost out on a doll at a good price . I was lame.

Then I ended up buying my other 3rd choice for a doll instead when I saw that I lost out on the other one.

I ended up getting my other doll eventually but still I kick myself for it.

17. I'm nervous about spending so much money on something that I'm not going to 'use' in the same sense that one uses other expensive things like glasses, a laptop, an expensive dress etc. This will just be a pretty thing I'll get out once in a while to look at and dress up and photograph. I intend to costume for her, which is my main reason for getting a doll, but what if I never get around to it, she'll be a sad poor naked girl, and what if I end up costuming her to the point that I never costume for myself anymore...

Ah, so many questions, and yet the worst thing is - when I've made up my mind to get her and clicked the pay-button, I still have to wait several WEEKS before she's home.*_*

18. My nerves were seriously shredded when I was going to buy my first doll! I had never tried buying things over the internet before, and if that wasn't enough I also needed my mother to help me with getting the money transfered, and she wasn't excactly happy about it.
      I still get a little itchi when waiting for my dearies to arrive, but that's mostly because of the lousy postal system in my country. :b

Good luck with your new girl!

19. I did that as-well!
      I actually ordered my boy back in the summer but ended up not paying for him because I was like "No. No. Too much money. This isn`t gonna work!"
      Then I ended up not wanting one at all until late November.
      Now I`ve ordered again and actually paid this time. :P
      I think I was so nervous back then because I wasn`t really ready for him, if you know what I mean.
      I didn`t really know that much about dolls or what I was really gonna do with the one I`d ordered. >,<

20. I am just waiting for my first BJD and I am sooo terrified. I have already a large doll collection, so I know it isn't the money aspect as I am used to going without other things to "feed my habit", but I have never worried over a doll as much as I am now. The waiting doesn't help either (LOL). The thing that bothers me is that after researching BJD's for nearly 2 years I have taken the plunge and now I don't know if I bought the right doll for me. She looks great and I am loving other peoples posts of her, but.................. I don't love her as much as I did when I hit that buy button :( So, all I can do now is wait it out till she comes, and hope that I fall in love with her once I see her IRL.