1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

first time buyers nerves?

Dec 1, 2008

1. ^^;; Exact opposite for me... I paid for my first boy last week... but he was a lucky find on the market place that I fell in love with instantly...I had him reserved straight away and paid for within 2 weeks (I've been saving for a whille).... It all happened so fast that I didn't have time to think about what I would have done with the money I spent... Right now I'm just really nervous about him being all alone in a box on some truck.... Wahh...

2. Yes, I felt just the same! I asked my mom if I could get the doll and she.. she just said yes. @_@ I was like "!!!" but then I felt kind of sick. XD;; I was so nervous for a couple days. It wore off though, and I'm really enjoying having her. I won't be buying another for a while though. I think for every big purchase I make, I'm the kind of person who has to overcompensate by earning MORE than it's worth so I don't feel bad. >_<;;

3. I'm going through first time buyer nerves too! Like when I bought my first Blythe, for months I debate whether it's worth the price or not, and whether I'll be able to sell it later on. I've saved up to buy a BJD a few times, but other personal material wants got in the way (like my prom dress, and sporadic purchases). But after a few instances of changing my mind back and forth, I think I'm finally ready to commit to buying a BJD of my own. And I know when I finally click that "buy" button, I won't regret it =) Maybe I'll feel anxiety and sick to my stomach - but in the good way (if that's even possible)!

4. I still get that reaction every time I buy a doll. Every. Single. Time.

It's called buyer's remorse. And it'll go away as soon as you get to actually dress and pose that doll for the first time!

At least... it's not as bad as you get buying 1) a car or 2) a house. O_o --- or even better, having to pay 2 mortgages at the same time while you wait for the first house to sell. (Note to self and anyone else: Do not care to experience that particular brand of anxiety. Ever. ;) )

5. I can't say that's happened to me. I don't actually have a doll yet either (hoping for my birthday in 2 months!) but I understand where that reaction would come from. I'm still underage (16) so I am not allowed to spend my money on whatever I want (I can't get a job right now either, I have to rely on allowance) so if I do get a doll my parents would buy all of it. Just try to think of all the reasons having your own doll would be great! Sure you can buy manga and cosplays, but imagine how much joy would your doll bring you! And for a long time too! =)

6. It took me nearly 5 years to decide to get a doll and when I did I ended up changing sculpts at the very last minute. But the reason it took me so long to actually buy one was because I knew that I had better uses for the money. On top of that I destroyed my barbies and baby dolls as a kid and never wanted anything to do with that sort of stuff.

Now that I have my dolls I love them a lot. I play with them a lot more than I expected, make them clothes and change faceups and such. My dolls are not just for cons or meetups but rather a large part of my artistic inspiration and creative outlet. But I'm also glad I waited because I was able to realize that my dolls would mean more to me than just a inanimate object on a shelf as well as know that I could live on my own and pay for things as well as support my hobby with BJDs.

Hope that helped!

7. I have only purchased a relatively cheap 27cm Obitsu, and am currently looking into buying a bigger, more expensive doll. I totally understand about first-time nerves - all the dolls I have purchased before have never exceeded £25! I think for me, it's a case of waiting to see how long I still want one, e.g. will I still want one next year? I never make huge decisions without careful thought, especially if they involve a lot of money being spent! Spending hundreds of pounds on a doll might feel scary, but the way I see it, it'll be money that I'll have earned and saved for a specific purpose. My boyfriends spends hundreds on music equipment, so at least I won't feel too guilty if I spend a few hundred on a doll ^___^

8. I had the first time buyers nerves too. While I waited for my first doll to get to me I felt a mix between extreme joy and worry. I couldn't help but think that someday I might regret having spent so much on him, or lose interest. But then he arrived and the worry went away~ So I basically just got overly happy :D