1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

For locals only (a little something about LA Volks Store)

Aug 2, 2005

1. Ahem
      I am pleased to note that if you are like I and contemplating an employment change or enhancement, that Volks is planning around Sept and Oct advertising the job openings for the new store on their web site.

So there is time to update resumes, tune up those face-up skills, master the art of restringing.

Thank you for your attention.

:grin:

(and no, they did not say where the store will actually be)

2. I totally would but I so don't wish to move all the way to LA for a retail job XD;;;

3. I wonder if they offer an employee discount? :D

4. ... I think living across the other side of the world somehow discounts me. :oops: But bugger, wouldn't that be the coolest job? *whines*

5. Haha! A wonderful and dangerous thing that would be :wink:

*considering moving back to LA* :oops:

6. ...*mutters* I will not move all the way across the country for that...I won't, I won't... But that would be -cool-. XD

7. It would take me an hours drive just to go work there, in traffic? Like two hours, it would be great but I'm too busy with school. ;;

If only I could have gone to art school in L.A instead but no, dorms were way to much.

8. Ah, if I lived in the area I'd be all over it.

9. WHOA! - If only I wasn't braziliaaan T______T

10. I will actually be looking for a job in LA around that time o.o Though they probably won't pay enough to cover my living expenses ^^;;

11. LOL I think I might give it a go just to see what happens. :daisy

12. i must be blind, but um... where is that on their site?

13. That's probably the only minimum wage job in the country that I wouldn't mind taking :P (but no way I'm moving *back* to CA so soon after I escaped...)

14. They said they plan on putting the employment info on their website in the future, that they plan on hiring Sept/Oct.

It's not on the website yet.

15. I live really close by... And need a job but most of my living expenses are still covered by my parents. It'd be perfect!... Unfortunatly I have almost no experience... I've never worked retail. I've done a few things with customer service and computers but no actual retail... I'm an art person, maybe that'll help... ><

16. You could try to get a retail job until Volks opens- then submit your application and quit to go work for Volks if you get accepted. :3
      That would atleast give you some experience.

17. oooohh..this is so tempting! I've got plenty of retail experience (Wal-Mart anyone?) as well as a good deal of office/accounting/behind the scenes type work.

Wonder what the pay would be?

18. if only i lived in LA... i've done almost nothing BUT retail for about 8 years.

i'm curious about what sorts of discounts workers might get too!! *imagines "raises" being dished out in doll parts* :chibi

19. Unfortunatly that hasn't been working. I've been trying to get a job for a little over a month now. No one in my area wants to hire me because I don't already have a years experience. Well... There are two places that would. But one is a place I couldn't work because I'd probably get sick. and the other one is a bookstore that I'd love to work at if it wern't for the fact that I'd injure multiple co-workers. Course if all else fails I WILL take the bookstore job... But I don't wanna....>< Stupid people I can deal with. Stupid people who I've known outside of work.... That's another thing entierly. I don't like the idea of going in to work every day and getting harrassed then hit on for hours on end. It would distroy the enjoyment I get from bookstores.

20. Huh? Are you made of spikes? *_*