1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

For My Doll Product Review

Nov 6, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. What did you order?
      Two wigs 8-9 inches:
      FMDL-1005 in light blue
      FMDL-1058 in Vintage Green

When did you order?
      11/29/12. The items arrived today, 12/7/12

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes. For My Doll's wigs are actually pretty decently priced. I paid $23 a piece for my wigs, and they are of high quality.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      -Positives
      Both wigs are made of heat-resistant fiber. They are very soft to the touch and don't appear to tangle easily, but I haven't done much with the wigs just yet, as one is meant for a doll that hasn't arrived. The other is on a doll that I haven't gotten to interact with much since the new wig arrived.

The wigs are thick and full, which is a plus since they are so long. There isn't a lot of fraying at the moment.

-Negatives
      The FMDL-1005 wig has a slightly exposed line of wig cap where the hair is divided into a pony tale. However, it appears that this ponytail can be taken down to hide this line of wig-cap. I don't consider it a huge negative, just a minor thing.

Would you buy more from this company?
      Yes! I would love to buy more of their wigs.

Photos:
      I only have a picture of FMDL-1058, since I didn't snap one when I tested it out on Lilith, and the doll it is meant for hasn't arrived yet.

[​IMG]
      FMDL-1058 in Vintage Green. Model: DoT E-an

3. What did you order?
      FMDS-1095 in Sweet Milk, size 6-7

When did you order?
      November 17th, 2012.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I couldn't find any other wigs in this style, color, and size, in heat-resistant fiber, so I have to say yes.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      The sales pictures use a smaller doll, so I was surprised a little by the length. The color and style are identical, however.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Almost completely. See the next section.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Positives:
      - Soft fiber
      - A LOT of hair at the bottom
      - Headcap fits well (was concerned since I bought it for a slim mini, not a Yo-SD)
      - Perfect white color
      Negatives:
      - Very thin at the top; brown headcap shows through in spots

Would you buy more from this company?
      Not sure. The thinness at the top is pretty disappointing, but otherwise the wig is fine.

Photos:
      [​IMG]
      I couldn't get the patchiness to photograph well. I'll take that as a good thing.

4. * What did you order?
      Wig for PKF

* When did you order?
      August-ish

Yes

Somewhat

Yes

My only complaint is I wish there were more streaks of teal

Definitely

[​IMG]
      Nemii by ❥CrazyKimochi, on Flickr

5. * What did you order?
      FMDSS - 1095 in Sweet Brown for 5.6-5.7.

* When did you order?
      18/12/2015 and it arrived 23/12/15.

Definitely, it is super soft and quite thick, and there is no gaps between the wefts.

Yes, the colour and style are exactly as shown.

Very much so.

Absolutely, as soon as one of my other dolls needs a makeover I'll be looking to FMD :)

6. * What did you order? In totally, I got 3 wigs from them.
      * When did you order? I dont remember ..
      The material of the wig yes.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes but depends from models but definitively the fit cant be show in pics and the problem of this company is the fit of wigs that arent always good.

Not totally, but who dont care too much of good quality like Leeke for example or dont care too much of fitting problems, can be satisfied anyway...

The wigs dont fit well especially to my lati yellow heads. And this is not good. But you always have to use some tips to adjust the wig . Positive is that have many styles and colors but i never feel safe when i order from them... Always wondering Who know how it will fit? Sometimes it arrive too large and sometimes too tiny... At least lati yellow size as i wrote before... So I try to order just when i dont have alternatives. Another positive thing is the price of shipping. With registered mail is a good final price

Yes and not. Depend if in future again some wigs will not fit properly my lati (especially when I previously told them that the wig should fit a lati yellow as I ve done before and the wig dont fit) ..i want the wig fit a lati yellow. They should improve the fitting. )

7. * What did you order?
      Pre-order wig, model "In Vineyard" in #118.
      * When did you order?
      15-02-2016
      Excellent, beyond expectation.
      No, the color did not. #118 is a solid cranberry / wine color and has no purple strands in it. It was also longer than expected
      Yes, BUT I haven't had a chance to try it on yet, as the intended doll is not yet here.
      The wefts are sewn close to each other, so the wig has fullness, no bald patches.
      Yes, if the fit is good, then yes.

8. * What did you order?
      FMDLL-1086
      FMDLL-1112
      Sculpy

* When did you order?
      2/2017 received.... 11/2017

so-so, relatively inexpensive, generous enough with the fibers on their wigs, but overall, about fair for the price, a little disappointed

yes

no

The two wigs are different sizes, one is notably larger than the other. Neither fit well on a volks SD head despite being advertised as such on their website and being listed as 9-10" wigs.

The sculpy was dry and completely unusable. I realize this is a really random thing to order from a wig maker, but if you're going to sell it, sell it in good condition.

No. Sizing is very bad, wigs have no stretch, shipping took FOREVER, communication was overall slow and poor.

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

9. * What did you order?
      FMDM-1107 in Soft Brown

* When did you order?
      September 21, 2018. Received it today, October 9, 2018.

Yes, it's a really nicely made wig and the color is very pretty.

Yes.

No, because it is a size smaller than what I had ordered. I have contacted them about this and will update when I can.

It's a *super* cute wig, looks really close to the product photos, and the color is pretty. My only problem is that I ordered a size 7-8 for my MSD, and it only fits my dolls that have a 6-7 head.

Yes, hopefully with the size issue resolved.

My MSD F-31 (size 7-8) is on the left, and my Bunny Nine Maple (size 6-7) is on the right, wearing the wig.
      [​IMG]

10. * What did you order?
      Several wigs in Large and Medium.
      * When did you order?
      December 15, 2022
      Yes... and no. See below.
      Absolutely.
      Also yes and no.
      So the wigs are beautiful, and the wig caps are nicely sewn. The hair nicely holds the style and doesn't feel like nasty, crunchy polypropylene. So - as far as the actual hair goes, I am delighted.
      My issue is the fit, which is just... weird.
      Previously, I received a For My Doll wig as part of my Raccoondoll order, and even though it was supposedly specifically made for that doll, I could NOT get that wig on the doll's head. The fit was WAY too tight.
      This time around, I was very careful to check the sizing on the For My Doll website. The Large side is supposed to be size 8-9, and the Medium size is supposed to be 7-8.
      The large is enormous - closer to 9-10 than 8-9. I have to use a wig cap and some putty to get the wig to stay in place.
      The Medium is tiny - I would definitively say it's a 6-7 (which is supposed to be the Small according to their website?). It does not fit any of my size 7-8 heads at all. It's far too tight.
      Sigh. They are very pretty wigs, but the fit is just so weird. Once you add in the cost of shipping from Korea (not their fault, just a factor), it's just not worth it to me to buy wigs from them.
      So honestly - probably not.
      [​IMG]