1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

For those of you with dolls who have lovers.. (or want one)

Jul 4, 2010

1. Hi there,

For those of you who like or want to figure out everything about your dolls (myself included), I suppose the topic of their "love life" will come up eventually, right?

For those couples...
      -Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      -If someone else's. In person or internet?
      -If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?
      -If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their backstories figured out, plan out their future or do anything else with the dolls?
      -If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?

For those of you who want a relationship for your doll(s):
      -Would you rather have their ideal significant other in your own possession or seek out someone else with said ideals?

Have fun with this. :]

Edit: Here's a couple more questions I thought of when this board already got to page 5! Thanks to all your replies. Keep'em coming! <3

For you guys who have both dolls of your lover pair:
      -When you get or got the second doll, do you or did you plan to have him/her be your first doll's love or it just turned out that way?

For the ones who seek out other doll owners:
      -How do you find that other someone for your doll? Or do you wait for them to find your boy/girl? (For example, do you go to doll meets and they met and fell for each other there? Or post a role play ad of your boy/girl and hope other role players find you, etc.)

Also, if anyone wants to go more in-depth (discussion) or share your stories on this topic or anything else about your dolls, feel free to contact me. I haven't been replying much to the posts here but I do read every one of them.
      And I may be somewhat picky when it comes to roleplays (for friendships, loves or otherwise), I'm always open to them with my crew.

Ramza

2. I've got both situations myself. ^_^ For the significant others who don't belong to me, we were doing letters for a while, and then recently they've been staying over with their SOs at each of our houses in turn. (At the moment, I have them. <3)
      None of them have a SO whose owner lives more than 2 1/2 hours away, though. ^^;;

For the couple where I have both halves myself, I'm in the midst of setting up a long photostory for them. This is somewhat thwarted by the fact that I can't settle on a proper body for one of them, so keeps being pushed to the back burner. -__-;;

Anyway, I enjoy both styles, though the prior lets me interact with others more. :)

3. I enjoy owning both dolls, I get a sense of satisfaction seeing them in each others arms and being happy together . I feel like if one of my dolls were in a relationship with someone elses doll they would always be moping and pining until the next visit. I dont know any other doll owners besides those over the internet though, so that may affect my reasoning some ^^;

4. Since I don't know anyone in the area who owns a bjd I'm limited to having both, but that's the way I'd have wanted it anyway. Seems more convenient that way. When I do get my first one (which will be a girl) I do plan on finding her either a boyfriend, best friend or companion.

5. For those couples..
      Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?

My doll's relationships stay within my group -- if the other doll's owner should move, decide to sell the doll, or if there's a falling out between owners it could get very awkward. Plus my dolls are my characters, and I don't want someone else writing that part of their story if you know what I mean.

If you had a choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?

See above.

If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their own backstory figured out and planning their future or anything else with said dolls?

NA

If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?

I write about them -- that's how the relationships came to be in the first place.

6. I agree with ArouraAnn that I don't know any doll owners outside the internet and that may affect my judgement as well. Personally I think I'd rather have my dolls look into other dolls. Even if it's just the internet. I enjoy role playing. And something like a "break up" (poor relationship, loss of contact, etc), be it good or bad, will only affect your doll if you let it. At least, that's my view on it right now.

First post edited a bit. Thanks all for the replies. Looking forward to many more. ^^

7. Do you prefer to have your doll to fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      It depends. If any of my RP partners were into dolls, I might pair one of my dolls with one of theirs, depending on the characters. Unfortunately none of my RP partners are into dolls, and I wouldn't be comfortable pairing my characters up with people who I wasn't comfortable RPing with.

As for my own original stories - I couldn't pair a character up with someone who is not their canon love interest. It just wouldn't be right. And I wouldn't want someone else owning a doll form of one of my characters. So in this instance, I would have to own both dolls.

If someone else's. In person or internet?
      Again, it depends. If it was an RP friend who I'd known on the internet for years, then I'd be fine with the dolls having a 'long-distance' relationship. Obviously it would be nicer if the dolls were close, but I don't think this is really an issue as I don't see physical distance as a boundary to love.

If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?
      My ideal would be (and this is a bit sappy-romance, sorry) if I had a secure, long term relationship with someone who also had dolls, and our dolls were in a relationship.

If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their own backstory figured out and planning their future or anything else with said dolls?
      N/A.

Write! Also, just little things like looking up and seeing the dolls sitting next to each other on a shelf makes me smile a little. Photoshoots will also be in order when they both have bodies, but this is kinda on the backburner at the moment because I just had to cut my contract at work due to teaching prac. Less monies for Haku filters down to less monies for dolls.

8. I think I prefer to own both the dolls myself. You have more control over how the dolls act and how the story goes, whereas with someone else, they may just up and change things on you. I would, however, like to try to have dolly relationships online and perhaps one day I will. I think its really up to you and what you are looking to get from the experience. n.n

9. Do you prefer to have your doll to fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?

Both, because when I say 'someone else,' I mean my own partner, who owns dolls too. Our characters are all kinds of entangled, and that's fine because they're all in the same house. Would I put my doll with someone's who wasn't? Heck no. I've watched others get upset when their doll's partner was reshelled/sold/changed characters/etc after investing lots of time in them, and it doesn't look like fun.

As for how we enjoy them&#8230; the same way anybody does. Take lots of pictures, write about them, fiddle with them in person.

10. hmm... i would prefer if it was with my own dolls :) because my ideas differ to much than my friend's so we dont want to do the same kind of thing (photostories for exemple)
      so its less complicated if its only my dolls

11. Do you prefer to have your doll to fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why? Probably my own, just because when I have characters they tend to end up in pairs...the only person I've talked to about having a dolled couple is my girlfriend. I'm definitely not good enough friends with anyone else that has or wants dolls since I don't roleplay my characters much anymore.

With my couple that I have both of I do shoots and photostories with them together, and just all around keep them together. I'm not sure how it'll work out if my girlfriend gets a doll, but we live on the same campus so I'm sure they'll 'hang out' and have pictures taken together.

12. Do you prefer to have your doll to fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      I would prefer to have it be my two dolls in a relationship. But if it were someone else's doll, I would prefer it to be someone I know/see often. I would feel bad keeping my doll from his or her lover.

They do shoots together and photostories. Usually I will have them sitting out together too.

13. I wouldn't do online relationships with other peoples dolls really. Or atleast I don't find it appealing. I'm not willing to ship and I can't travel and photostories aren't really my thing. That being said, all the dolls I have planned have lovers, but they are not owned by me but rather by my best friend. They're all long time characters of mine, often who were made to do RP with her either via email or more often face to face by talking it out. I've known her for over 10 years now so it doesn't feel strange and she's one of the only people I could really trust with my doll. Otherwise I'd probably just have them do without or buy them lovers I create.

14. I definitely prefer to own both dolls to have control over their story and to preserve the persona I have set up for each of them.

15. Very much only my own dolls. I don't want to worry about another owner's doll's characters or vice-versa getting messed up over this kind of thing. I don't RP for this reason, either.

16. I prefer them all to be mine because I really dont want the hassle of planning times for them to be able to see each other and I'm greedy I want to be able to look at them all the time *sighs*

17. --

#17 Devil's Trill, Jul 4, 2010
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    18. This is an interesting topic....

I prefer my dolls to take a lover from the cadre of dolls I actually own (mind you the girls outnumber the boys for now...but I'm a woman of liberal orientation so my dolls are too)....I just don't quite see the point of having one of my dolls "fall in love" with a doll owned by someone else, lol. Of course...I do think the idea of dolls "exchanging love letters" or engaging in sleep overs as darling...just not my cup of tea from a role playing standpoint. I also have detailed stories attached to my dolls and I can't see incorporating a doll owned by someone else into that world.

If there's a doll I want for the purposes of relationships and doll photo stories then I will eventually purchase said doll.

It just seems awkward to me...the idea of a doll "falling in love" with a doll owned by someone else...Because this comes off as a projection of the owners desires to me...and not the desires of the doll. Don't get me wrong, to each their own...But I agree with the comment by AroaraAnn...I take great satisfaction in seeing the dolls in each others arms and such. If I decide to take pictures for a photo story I want to be able to do that without having to call another doll owner to arrange some sort of meet up or what have you. Another person also left a great comment (Taco) on this...If you have a falling out with the other doll owner or if the owner decides to sell the doll you're gonna be up the creek with some time and effort wasted on your end with only bitterness to follow....And I'm one to avoid unnecessary drama in life.

I guess if you as an owner are looking to network in some cutesy way with another doll owner then go for it (because that is what it comes off as...another way to network with fellow doll owners-- in a manner that is actually a bit intimate)... but I can't say that the idea of a "relationship" between any of my dolls and a doll owned by someone else is appealing to me in any form or fashion.

19. None of my dolls have an actual relationship with another doll. Though Less will normally see his friend/bf/whatevers this week. (If customs is nice and saw my email) For some reason I thought they would be cute together and Less was more or less (haha nice wordplay *hides*) the reason that I was conviced to buy Dark :) Both a bit moody, yet total opposites. I will have to wait and see wether it works out though :p
      My MSD and floating head are a planned couple aswell, though it will still take ages to get my girl a body, so I'm not sure yet.

I would prefer a relationship with the dolls of someone else though. I guess it's more fun, being able to roleplay and not know the outcome yet. It's nice when you're not in control over everything.
      I don't have too many people with dolls living near to me though. Most people I have contact with live over the landborder :p so I don't see them every week etx. Maybe one day :)
      I would prefer someone I see from time to time, just to let our dolls meet and make pics of them together :)

20. I prefer to have both parties in my possession; it'll save a lot of hassle. I'll also echo it seeming awkward for my dolls to be involved with someone else's dolls. I wouldn't want them to lose their SO because the other owner decided to sell the doll.