1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Forgiveness (do we forgive companies too easily or rather the opposite)

Mar 6, 2011

1. If I, one person and not a company, sell a camera on eBay, take the money and then not ship the camera (for whatever reason, personal trouble or malice) I’m in trouble. I would owe the buyer a refund or the camera and nothing else. When accepting the money, I accept the responsibility that comes with the deal.
      Charles was offered a lot of help from friends and family for months, but it took close to a year and the involvement of the Dutch police before he finally was willing to accept it. Being overwhelmed can happen to anyone, but running away from responsibilities for that long is a conscious choice. (ETA: He also made the conscious choice to commit mail fraud by sending customers tracking codes of packages he said had been shipped, but those packages remained at his home until most of the dolls were shipped out by MuJa. He made the conscious choice to have someone help him sell CCC dolls that were in his possession on the DoA Market Place while he has a full DoA ban. He made the conscious choice to sell items he still owed to a customer right under the nose of that customer. Although I can fully understand being overwhelmed and so confused you don't know how to get out of the mess you are in, but the longer the string of bad decisions, the smaller my compassion gets.)
      I find it admirable you’re willing to do business with a partner who has such a bad reputation, but I can see the business aspect too. CCC has a large and loyal fan-base. They will buy CCC dolls now that someone more trustworthy has stepped up to handle the transactions and production.

2. I think a few dolls have started to trickle in, and by a few I saw two box openings for the new 70cm+ Ringdoll. Of course that isn't to say it's okay to throw your money in with them, but maybe, just maybe they can redeem themselves. I haven't actually checked into the RD thread so I don't know if there's been any other movement.

3. I can verify that 2 standard 70cms and 1 limited 70cm ( a Master Ring) have trickled in within the last two weeks. A few of the RingDoll buyers in the waiting room ( including myself) received e-mails claiming that our orders would be shipped within this week, but we haven't heard anything else and so far no signs of any dolls coming in. Part of me wants to think RingDoll may pull themselves out of their backlog because they have stopped taking orders. However, the fact that so few dolls are coming from them is troubling as well.

4. I bought a small bjd doll from artist in Puerto Rico, She had taken many peoples money including mine.
      I got my money back through the payment venue complaint system. I do not ever want to deal with this person again, unless some big changes were made.
      I can forgive but I cannot forget that her behavior with her art damaged alot of people's faith. Art should be enjoyable and one should not be left with pain when dealing with it.
      I make sure anyone who asks me or mentions this person knows of my experiances so they dont go through it.
      I am also a seller of bjd dolls & related things if I hurt a customer unintentionally I make it up to them at my cost.
      Peoples feelings are more important than money and a customers faith is tantamount.
      If this person were to rectify herself she would put out a public declaration claiming she was sorry including personal emails to all the people she knew she had hurt. She would offer compensation to anyone who had lost thier money and explain the reasons for her lack of respect for thier trust and finances.
      I think over a couple years of Excellent dealings her rep could be restored if she was humble, gave restitution putting out the product promised. My family is very successful business folk, thier ethic is always give a person better than what they expect.

5. I think it depends on the person. Everyone makes mistakes. I like to think I can give all companies a second chance to put things right and I have done in the past. Once they wreck that second chance however, I have no intention of buying from them again.

6. For me, it depend on how big the mistake is and how well the seller/company respond to this. Example would be like the feedback system of ebay. If the seller doesn't have 100% positive feedback, I'll go and look at their negative feedback and see how they respond to it. If they at least respond with a comment explaining the situation or just "this is not fair," this show me that they Actually Care about their reputation/feedback score and I'll consider that negative feedback neutral.

Communication is essential, so if the seller doesn't respond to negative feedback, what's the chance of him/her answering my question or even sending me the right item =/

7. I would never forgive a doll company that makes grossly mistakes. If I factored the time into stressing an order coming alright from that doll company, it's not worth it.

8. No, I don't care if said party had the most gorgeous dolls in the world, if they can't do business, it's not, and never will be worth the trouble. And if there's proof they've done it to just one person? They could do it to me. So I'll just find another vendor with a similar, if the not the same brand. What good is a beautiful doll if you never get it or get it damaged?