1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Frappzilla Review/Feedback

Sep 21, 2019

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

#1 Gintsumi, Sep 21, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2020
    2. Summary
      * What did you order?
      Custom Arlo wig.
      * When did you order?
      March 31st.
      Yes.
      Yes.
      Yes.
      Very pretty and soft wig but I worry I might ruin it if I handle it too much.
      Maybe

Full Review/Feedback
      This is a review/feedback for a Frappzilla wig I ordered. I ordered and paid for an Arlo wig(Size:8.25"/Color Option:Petrol; Black with hints of Light teal, Navy and Magenta. Muted light teal, Navy and Magenta colors so the wig would be more black (80%black/20%other colors) than in the sample. The length to be long like in the second sample picture) on March 31st, it was shipped out September 11th and it arrived at my home September 21st. The wig came to a total of $85.00. The wig cost $64.00 and the shipping cost $21.50. The wig that I got is just as specified and very soft. I really love it but I don't know how to style it and it feels fragile in my hands.
      https://flic.kr/p/2hiPFeR][​IMG]IMG_20190921_182432[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/photos/151087759@N08/]rum pocky[/url], on Flickr

Frappzilla were going through a lot at that time, lost of love ones, moving and resetting up their business and life. The wait was very long. They kept customers updated through their website and social media to a certain extent.
      There were some points where I wish communication was better, Frappzilla brought up an issue with Gmail. I had added their contact to my address book after subscribing my email with them yet didn't receive some of their attempts at contact. I only heard from them after reaching out personally. As I stated before, they had been keeping everyone updated via their website and social media but that became less and less.
      The timeline of things was concerning. New orders were opened up before the previous ones were completed and shipped out. Practices like this raised concern for my own order. I feel that it is better to finish what is on your table before moving on to something else.
      When my concerns got the best of me, I would contact them and they would reply with an apology and a reason. Sometimes the reasons had me more concerned such as illness and holiday, that seemed to add a delay and should have been mentioned on their platforms to the public like how other companies do.They were always polite and friendly, business aside, they are wonderfully kind people.
      They are working at their business practices already and making changes and I hope they will obtain a more streamline service. Current and past orders should have been done before starting the new process and opening new orders.
      Suggestions/Feedback/Advice
      For Frappzilla: Keep your customers well informed on all platforms. Stay on top of your orders and don't overwhelm yourself.
      For Customers: Ask questions. Be polite and understanding.
      As they are now, I would not order again but possibly in the future if they improve with handling orders and time management. I look forward to what they will have to show in the future as.

3. I can not recommend this company. I ordered a commission in October 2018. I was promised photos in advance. After my payment there was no communication until December on my demand what happened with my order. Then suddenly I received the message that the wig was sent, but probably to the wrong address,
      I inform her in advance that I'm moving in December and my new address. I did not receive a wig. Spring / summer2019 I wrote to her again that I have received nothing and if the wig had come back, what Frappzilla said no. She offered to make me a second wig and ship with insured shipping. I was very pleased but also here the communication was terrible and she did not keep several appointments / promises! Finally in July /August 2019 I received a photo of the Wig!I was hopeful that everything would be fine and paid again for the postage. She immediately promised me the tracking number "tomorrow". I waited until the beginning of September and then she finally sent me the tracking number!I waited until the end of September for the wig, nothing. I contacted the post office and they said that the wig had been sent back for unknown reasons.
      So I paid almost 90 dollars and received nothing. It is unclear so far whether she has given a wrong address again, however, in this period of 1 year there was bad communication, not kept agreements and promises! An absolute nightmare.

4. I had placed two orders with Frappzilla over the past few years.

----------------------------------------

December 24, 2017

* What did you order?
      One wig, 8-9" 'Short Lionhead' style in a standard color (Roasted Chestnut). They were only offering a certain set of styles during this particular sale so I had no custom requests or anything.

* When did you order?
      December 24, 2017
      Received December 18, 2018

Yes

Yes

Yes, with the product, in the end.

This was an extremely long wait to get this wig. I placed my order in December, and I got a preliminary shipping notice 2 months later, in February 2018. It wasn't a 100% 'real' notice, because it was an Instagram post where they said that items were being shipped, so I emailed to ask about my order specifically as I hadn't gotten an email notice for my order specifically. After a few days they followed up to tell me that they couldn't give me any specific info about my order, because I hadn't paid for the upgraded shipping, and therefore had no tracking for them to look into. (With most parcel mail, particularly with international mail, I am very accustomed to seeing a customs form number on the package, which can be used as a tracking number. It doesn't always provide the same information that a 'real' number does, but it can at least prove that an item is actually in the mail, and when it enters the destination country. So I did find it a little odd that there was literally no info, but I don't know how the mail works in Spain)
      Anyways, I waited for this parcel well into the next year - and it got lost in the mail. I asked Frappzilla about it a few times over the following months to see if it had gotten returned to them, but it never showed up back there.
      It was September (9 months after I had placed the order, 7 months after it was shipped) before I finally gave up on it.

After that point, Frappzilla were the ones to offer to make me a replacement wig, which I was very grateful for. It did take them another 3 months to finish making it and get it into the mail after that. I was planning to pay for shipping the new wig (with the upgraded shipping), but they politely declined, as they put it, as an apology for taking such a long time to get the new one shipped out.

After it was actually shipped, it arrived in roughly a month. The quality was good, colors were nice, and it fit my doll really well.

Lydia on Instagram: “At long last, my wig from Frappzilla is here! Today is exactly 7 days away from my 1-year anniversary of having placed the order. :3 As…”

March 31, 2019

* What did you order?
      Two MNF wigs, 'Lionhead' and 'Roscoe,' in custom colors

* When did you order?
      March 31, 2019
      Received July 29, 2019

Yes

Yes

Yes

This order went significantly better than my previous order.

I had originally posted an excited comment on their Instagram when they made a preorder announcement post, and they actually wrote me back via DM to tell me they wanted to offer me some guaranteed slots for my order, if I was unable to snag one of their shop slots. I gave them some info in advance, but I was able to check out via their shop so I got my orders in OK.

Given that these were totally custom orders, with really specific custom colors based on their standard color blends, I was a little concerned about how they would look, since they weren't something with an example photo on their website. I was really specific and said things like "Your 'Ink' color, but with extra white and light blue, but no purple" and "Like your 'Petrol' color, black but with only reds and pinks mixed in", so I hoped that I was giving them a good starting point.
      I didn't see any photos for either of my wigs before I saw them in person - I just saw (what I thought was) one of my wigs in one of their general update posts. They had a photo showing process on a bunch of black wigs; I just thought one was mine due to the size and fact that it had red streaks, but I had no way of knowing if that was actually mine. :sweat So not being able to see the colors they had gone with beforehand did make me a little uncertain.
      But after I got them in-hand, I really loved them, and the colors were great - the one with blue turned out differently than I thought it would, but I still loved it, and the one with red turned out even better than I was hoping.

The blue one, being a Lionhead style, has a side part. They way they do it is to cut a tiny slit in the wig cap, and arrange the hair wefts so that part of them stick through the slit, so the hair lays evenly over both sides of the part. While I had this one on my doll for a while, using a couple of rubber bands to keep it on her (it is a tiny bit too big for her), the pressure from the rubber bands around the head made the whole wig warp around it slightly. This made some of the wefts peel up a tiny bit, and made the part slit open up too far. I reached out to Frappzilla to ask about what materials they typically use to make the wigs, so that I could attempt to repair it, and they let me know within a couple of days.
      So I was easily able to repair the wig. I just used a toothpick and some ModPodge to glue the wefts back down; and for the part line, I applied ModPodge to the inside of the wig cap on either side of the part line, put a thin piece of cotton fabric over the whole line, then saturated it with more ModPodge. I let it dry a bit and added another layer of cloth and more glue. After it dried, it went back to its original shape, and I now put the rubber bands on differently so that it doesn't warp anymore. :)
      I actually followed the example I saw on my older wig from my previous order. Being a Short Lionehead, it has the same side part, and on this one there was already some backing under the part line slit, so I'm not sure why my MNF one didn't have it.
      The extent of the damage was a little annoying, considering that I'd never gotten the wig wet, but it was a fairly simple fix, so it all turned out OK.

Lydia on Instagram: “Sorry for spamming these guys so much, but I am still in the honeymoon phase lolll And I'm starting to get /feelings/ about waiting on…”

Right now, Frappzilla have stopped taking custom orders, so I probably wouldn't buy from them directly anymore. They are still super in demand, it's really hard to get one of their pre-made wigs, since they announce them on Instagram and they get bought up really quickly. They also tend to do sizes/styles/colors I don't need, as I develop really specific looks for all of my dolls, and don't normally just throw something together. :sweat
      But if they ever did do custom orders again, I might consider it.
      And I would definitely purchase one secondhand, as long as it was in good shape (and what I needed for a doll :XD: )