1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Freakstyle Mini Girls- Salome and Eve

Jul 9, 2014

1. THANK YOU! You're a star, that's exactly what I needed, so thank you again and your girl is really beautiful! Congrats! :D

2. I've gone through a couple hundred dolls in my years in the hobby, and never really liked the girl dolls, but the second I saw the body on this one I thought: that's MY body! So I had to bring her home and give this a try.
      I have to say, it has helped me tremendously with acceptance of my own body. I am fat and need to lose weight, but at least now I don't think of myself as ugly. I see this doll, and she looks just fine, and since my body looks like hers, therefore my body isn't ugly. It was like flipping a light switch!
      I've never really liked that I'm female. That I'm a FAT female really doesn't help matters, so I'm truly grateful for this doll! Even if I sell her down the road, I feel so much better about myself now, and that's irreplaceable.

3. I wish there was a like button for your post Aernath, that is incredible and so empowering!! You have me thinking abut Salome AGAIN lol

4. That's great to hear! And I feel you. We've become so used to hearing not being super thin = ugly, that it's easy to feel bad about yourself when you don't fit into that category. I got that click myself when I was watching Carnivale and saw Cynthia Ettinger in that show. Her Rita Sue was just so tremendously gorgeous that I wanted to be like her. And then I realized that my body IS like her... wow. Sometimes we need that validation that it is okay to be ourselves.

Have to say: Sculpting Salomé did wonders for me too ;).

[MENTION=56847]WinonaFlammery[/MENTION]: I already said it and I will again: I love your Salomé. A braided wig is just perfect for her :).

5. Thanks, Dreadfulme! I was hesitant to post that, but it really has helped me and I thought sharing might help others too. ^_^
      Plus, I wanted to let Silk know. ^__^

Thank you for making her! :chocoheart

6. i have to admit that is why i still want to bring one home some day. i'm hoping the next preorder will work out better for me.

7. I'm hoping to find her on the secondary market next year...too much going on to buy dollies right now. :)

8. Aernath, I'm happy you are able to feel better about your body now. The way society advertises the idea that if you are fat, you are ugly is terrible. I think Salome has a beautiful body; the exact kind I'd want for myself, and I'm sure yours is beautiful too. It would be great if fashion designers and magazines would promote a more diverse spectrum of body types; not only are all body types beautiful in their own ways, but it would also make the magazines (and fashion shows) more diverse and thus more fun to read (and watch).

Thank you so much again, Silk?. I'm truly happy you like her <3

9. Oooh Silje, she is gorgeous!

10. Lovely faceup! Very nice! I like the soft, natural look.

I was just stopping by to show a photo of my girl in 8mm eyes (and a t-shirt I made her yesterday from the sleeve of a youth shirt).
      They gap quite a bit, so I think next I'll try 9mm soft squishy eyes.

[​IMG]aernath - FreakStyle Salome by aernath, on Flickr

11. Silje: Wow, she's so gorgeous! I hardly recognized her, she's so different from my own to dolls. Have you modified her a bit?

12. Yes, but not much.
      The inner corner of the left eye has been bit enlarged, and the sides of the nose just a little reduced. The right side of the lower lip bit aligned.

It is the faceup, what changed her so much.
      You wrote, that she is inspired by the paintings of Rubens, so we searched for paintings from this (and nearby) period of time.
      I'm waiting for wig for her.

13. Silje, she is absolutely stunning! I hope you'll post more pictures of her, and I look forward to seeing her with her wig when it arrives!

I got some more pictures of my Nivah earlier this week, so here's one:
      [​IMG]

14. Winona - That's very nice! I like the little bit of color in all the greys. And such a nice, casual pose. She looks great!

15. Aww, thank you so much, aernath. I'm a sucker for photos with only one colour and otherwise all blacks and whites, so I tend to do them a lot like that xD

16. silje your girl is gorgeous! really makes me regret that i couldn't manage to get a salome this time around. i'm looking forward to seeing the next sculpt silk comes up with though

winona your girl looks so relaxed and comfy there

17. The clothes I plan to sew itself, since the sale can't find what I want. Soft shoes can also be done by hand.

18. hmm, normally i like red wigs almost exclusively, but oddly enough i almost prefer the blonde on her. it was softer somehow. she is lovely either way though.