1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

GEM of Doll Product Review

Aug 27, 2017

1. www.gemofdoll.com/en

Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses.

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      Rae Fullset

* When did you order?
      March

For the doll? Yes. For the clothes, wig, accessories, eyes...NO. The dress itself had NO closures. NO button, no zipper, no ribbon, no velcro..nothing. And it's this large open back but it's clearly not fitted to be an open back design. It doesn't go over the shoulder since it's an off-shoulder dress so there's NOTHing to hold this dress up at all. It's as if they just forgot. It's just completely open in the back and it does not fit the doll because of this. It was made for this doll's fullset and it doesn't fit the doll it comes with. It doesn't wrap around her bust properly so it's way way too off in the front, the dress's back is so open the sides of the back of the dress are under her armpits. It's that poorly fitted. I don't even get how you do that. Her shoes are high heeled foot shoes but she has flat feet and they don't fit properly. Her sleeves arrived torn. They are gathered to create some cute poof but mine had one secured and one completely loose with just loose thread ungathered. It probably broke at some point before it even made it to me.The accessories were not like the ones in the pictures at all.. Gem of Doll does substitute when they run out of things but this was a pretty big difference. She also came with underwear that did not fit. They look like they were made for a 1/6 doll, not a 1/4 doll. I couldn't get them on her. The little findings were not properly attached to the item either. For example, I have to put her choker on her upside down because the silver fixing was sewn on wrong and isn't even remotely similar to their pictures. The eyes she came with were horrid quality. Handblown glass will have some imperfections, but one of her irises was this wiggly oval that didn't look even remotely like the other eye which was perfectly round (the iris itself, not the sclera). They look more like rejected eyes than ones they'd usually make for sale. Luckily, I had some Enchanted Doll Eyes I had ordered for her anyway that I wanted for her but I can't even turn around and sell the eyes I was sent or use them in another doll because they are such poor quality.
      Edit: An update on the underwear. I purchased two 1/6 dolls from GoD and they came with underwear. They are the EXACT same size as the ones sent with the 1/4 doll despite having drastically different doll measurements. If this doesn't explain how little this company cares, what will?

The doll? Yes. The clothes and accessories? No.

Doll? Yes. The makeup? No. Clothes and accessories? No.

The doll is adorable. But everything they supplied her to come with was atrocious. And I sincerely don't think they sealed her faceup. She arrived to me chipped despite being well packaged and with a face protector.

Only because I had already placed the second order before this one even shipped. But now that I have seen the quality they offer and the service they offer (see my service review for them in the service forum) I won't be back.

#2 akaisha0, Aug 27, 2017
      Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    3. * What did you order?
      i ordered a colour-matched 1/3 body with additional zombie hands.

* When did you order?

april of 2017

absolutely!

yes

yes

positives: it's an absolutely beautiful body and poses WONDERFULLY, and the colour matching is perfect, i am very very happy. negatives would be that the box is actually too small for him to stand in, like, i have to bend his knees to fit him back in, and then the cover doesn't go all the way on. the box itself is lovely; it's just too small.

based on product quality and nothing else.... yes, but if i had to include the service in it, i would be hesitant to unless i heard that they had stepped up their service. i would really like to say a firm yes as it's a beautiful doll, but the service left something to be desired. i would check the service review @akaisha0 left, as that was basically my experience. i'm very mellow (perhaps dangerously mellow) when it comes to things though, so i was less forward than they were. as long as i get my doll i'm happy, however this was a bit difficult. absolutely lovely doll though

4. * What did you order?
      Dido and Dedo fullset including wig, shoes, clothes, faceup, body blush + fisted hands. NP resin.
      * When did you order?
      May 1 2017, received October 2017
      Somewhat. The dolls themselves and the clothes are better quality than I've gotten in past orders. However, the body blush was sloppy at best. The finger nails were completely blushed and glossed off of where the nail bed was. It looks like it was hastily airbrushed over without any real care which almost defeats the purpose of having purchased this service since I'll now have to go back and pay someone else to redo this. The wigs are fur wigs, and no where near the cost for the lack of quality. As with all GoD wigs, they also don't fit the heads of the dolls they were made for. They are entirely too small. In an update to my order of Rae I mentioned how the panties she came with were too small for a 1/4 doll? Well Dido and Dedo are 1/6 and also came with panties, I measured them compared to the panties that came with the 1/4 doll and sure enough they WERE the same. Not relevant to this order, but worth noting in regards to my previous order.
      Yes. These dolls also come with the eyes they are pictured on site with. I have not taken the eyes out yet so I'm not sure if they are the same poor quality I got before or if they are better.
      Again, kind of. Please see the above comments.
      Save yourself some money. The faceup is lovely, the clothes are lovely, the doll is lovely. Don't the wigs, don't buy the shoes, and for the love of all do not buy their body blushing.
      No. More about it in my service review, but please see my previous review for both service and product on the Rae doll for more details.

Edit: I only realized after taking the eyes out of the Dido and Dedo dolls, that their website is wrong about the size of eyes they need. They come with eyes in their fullset and the eyes between them are at least two sizes apart from each other and yet their website still claims they both wear 14 mm. Heads up, they don't. Dedo wears 14 mm, Dido can't wear anything that big. Just cherry on the sundae at this point. I'm so done with this company.

#4 akaisha0, Oct 16, 2017
      Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    5. * What did you order?
      I ordered Hallea, blank, in tan resin

* When did you order?
      August 21, 2017. I received her December 27, 2017

Absolutely! I got her during a sale (20% off), though even without the discount, I would still say she is worth it.

Yes, for the most part. Hallea's face is just as advertised, and the body looks lovely.

However, the body cannot naturally achieve a particular pose from the company photos. For context, she was released on the new 1/3 girl body 002, which does not have a mobility joint under the hip socket like the original 1/3 girl body 001. However, both Hallea and Ares, who come on the 002 body by default, are featured crossing their legs. In reality, there is no "natural" way to achieve that on the 002 body without pulling the knee out from its place. It's a minor thing, but I imagine customers that haven't viewed the nude body photos might be surprised from the lack of leg possibility.

I'd also say that the tan resin looks a little warmer in person than what's pictured in their resin color chart. That's to be expected, though.

Oh, absolutely!

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      She was wrapped and packaged very securely by GEM of Doll. Her resin feels nice and thick. She's poses solidly. I can stick her arm and leg out, and they will stay out. Her double joints word great. She also looks downwards very nicely, though I wish her head could swivel upwards a bit more. Head cap feels secure, though it's positioned in a way where taking her head off and on the body is surprisingly difficult. I was, admittedly, a tad disappointed that she cannot stand out of the box, but this was only because the rest of her is so solid. Her ankles lack the friction to support her, though I'm sure that can be remedies with hot glue sueding.

Yes! I already have plans to, actually.

More on my GEM of Doll order: Customer Service feedback

#5 Anglerfishee, Jan 14, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    6. * What did you order?
      1/3 boy body 001

* When did you order?
      1/06/18

Yes! I did get it 20% off from Alice Collections, see below, but even if it wasn't 20% it's a nice body

Yes. It takes a little bit of maneuvering to get him into some of the poses in the ad but all the ones I've tried he will do. His pants don't like it though.

Very. He's also a perfect fit for my Dollzone head

Negatives: I asked Gem of Doll and they said that their normal yellow would match DollZone. It's not too far off but I wouldn't call it a "match". The dark wig I have him in masks it and unless his hand is by his face you can't tell. But there is a distinct difference. Also, as I mentioned above, some of the poses in the ad are a little difficult to replicate. Possible but hard.
      Positives: His body does, however, hold poses super well. his arms are strung a little tight but that's completely fixable. Also his hands, I really like the default hands, they look very nice. Small edit, he can also stand by himself really well. Both with and without shoes.

So. I've heard many a horror story about working with Gem of Doll. I opted to avoid this and order from Alice Collections. As I said in a review for them, I would order from AC any day. And I would order more products from GoD just not through them, through some sort of 3rd party.

7. * What did you order?
      Gladys fullset in normal pink set (In-stock)

* When did you order?
      ordered: 18.dec 2020; shipped: 1. jan 2021; arrived: 11.jan 2021

In most parts yes. There were minor issues. But no deal breaker, for me at least.
      1. There were tiny tiny scratches on her body. Like 3-4. Nothing big and only visible, if you looke veeeeery close. Her face up was wonderfully and fine. And all the scratches were on places where you dont see them.
      2. The wig was a bit thin on the back side. The wig cap can be seen through the hair on the back of Gladys head. I changed the hair style and it got better. It's nothing huge for me, and it might be that they had to make the hair a bit thinner, otherwise the hair maybe pulls down the wig. It's a lot of hair and heavy.
      Her dress is wonderful, and the face up even prettier, than on the photos. She stands and poses very well.

Mostly yes. :) Ready the previous question.

Overall I am very happy with her.

Positives:
      -Very pretty doll
      -clothes are well made, even grandma who was a seamstress approves them. So... whatever survives grandma checks is good. xD
      -beautiful face up
      -well packed

Negatives:
      -Wig cap can be seen on the backside of the head in the 'default' hair style
      -tiny tiny scratches on her legs and lower body. (3-5 mini scratches)

I bought an in-stock item through manga-zin. Contacted her in through facebook, very lovely. After research and what I heard about Gem of Doll I decided for this 'method'. Didn't encounter any bad experiences until now. So, if they have a doll or item in-stock again, I would probably buy from them. ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. * What did you order?
      The 1/3 Mirana outfit and cloak

* When did you order?

Late September 2020

Mostly. The dress looks really good and fits well. It looks as good as in the pictures and there’s quite some detail in it.
      The cloak just seems like a long, weirdly shaped piece of fabric. There doesn’t seem to be a good way for my doll to wear it.

The dress looks like it does in the promotional pictures.
      The cloak however is a completely different color than in the promotional pictures (purple instead of deep red), has an odd shape and is way, way too long.

I’m as happy with the dress as I am disappointed in the cloak.

Positive: the dress looks like in the pictures, fits well, and has great detail.
      Negative: the cloak looks different and doesn’t fit.

Only if it was something I really loved, and I would probably buy it through a third party seller.
      I was happy enough with my order when it arrived, but I did have some problems with the seller. I never received a confirmation for my order, my account stayed empty after placing my order, and after being logged out automatically I was somehow never able to log back in. I also had to send the seller multiple messages before receiving any reply, and then they didn’t ship out the outfit weeks after the date they had promised to ship it out. They also did not fill out the declaration form for customs, so the package got delayed because of that.
      And as stated above, I was not impressed with the cloak. I think something went wrong in the production of it.

9. * What did you order?
      Blank tan Capricorn
      * When did you order?
      April 11, 2021. Arrived June 2, 2021. I ordered through ACBJD.
      Yes. The price seems quite reasonable for a solid posable doll.
      Yes, though the company photos don't show her in tan.
      Yes
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      I love all her fantasy details- sheep/elf ears, translucent horns, and pointy nails! The tan is a nice color, and her posabiliy is great. She was shipped securely packed with bubble wrap in addition to her cushion lined box. Getting her head back on after putting in her eyes was a struggle.
      If they make another doll I really love I would.

10. * What did you order?
      Big 1/6 Debby fullset

* When did you order?

October 21, 2020. Arrived sometime in late November-early December, 2020

Yes, I'd say the price matches pretty fairly for her size.

Pretty much, yep! The only minor differences were her wig and her dress.

Definitely! I still love my lil baby despite some of her outfit's flaws.

Negatives: the wig and her main dress were a lot different than in the pictures. The wig came with longer-length curls than expected and the dress is a completely different cloth pattern. However, they technically displayed pictures of this change on the outfit-only page for Debby, so I'd say this was moreso my fault for not double checking the quality. The wig was a little disappointing, but it's still very lovely and I'm starting to warm up to it. Other minor negatives are the hat details; some of the straw bits have fallen off (and still are) and one of the artificial flower's center is half broken. I'd need to repair/replace these bits in the future.

As for positives: she's great! Aside from the cons mentioned above, she's very much how I imagined her to be. I love her sweet face and her body type. Posing seems to be alright from what I experimented so far. Just a bit limited though since she's single-jointed, but honestly, it's not too bad!

Absolutely. I already have plans to purchase some of their existing dolls in the near future, haha ^^. The only difference that I'd make now is to do more in-depth research on the doll(s) I want/love before committing to buy them.

11. * What did you order?
      Blank White Skin Capricorn

* When did you order?
      10/04/2021 - Ordered
      10/15/2021 - Shipped
      11/04/2021 - Arrived

Yes, absolutely! I was very impressed with the quality of the doll. I've paid more for other dolls that I felt weren't as sturdy as Capricorn.

Yep!

More than satisfied, really! This is my first doll from Gem of Doll and I am thoroughly impressed with the sculpting, quality, and fast delivery time for this doll. (She wasn't marked as in-stock, so I'm assuming she wasn't in-stock)

Positives:
      • Beautiful sculpted fantasy ears, hands, feet, and horns
      • Not a single seam-line or visible flaw in the resin
      • Incredibly sturdy doll, stands and poses very well out of the box
      Negatives:
      • The chest is very awkwardly sculpted on the body. I knew this when I bought her though, and it was accurately represented in sales photos
      • The box arrived damaged. Not the biggest deal, but definitely scared me until I knew the doll was okay!

Definitely. I really like their fantasy dolls and was overall impressed with the quality for the price.

12. * What did you order? Olita fullset (Human ver. with horns added)
      * When did you order?
      Sept. 2023 (Arrived Jan. 2024)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price?
      Yes, their fullset clothes are so beautiful.
      Yes
      Very much so.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product:
      Pros:
      Their fullsets and faceups are always stunning.
      Cons:
      I don't like the joint style of their bodies, aesthetically.
      Yes, I love all three dolls I have from them (I have a 1/3, 1/6, and 1/4 now).

I asked to have her Beast horns added to my order (the Human version doesn't have magnets installed for horns) and they allowed me to add the blushed horns to my order, and later emailed me to confirm that I wanted magnets installed in her head because normally the Human version doesn't have them. I appreciated that they offered to do that instead of just sending me the horns without magnets (I would've just used putty to stick them on, in that case).
      I appreciated contact, because you can never rely on getting that sort of communication in this hobby as an overseas buyer.

Tags: