1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. Do you prefer one over the other or will only have one sex? Why do you think this is?

2. Personally I think I don't have any preference for any gender. However, I've just boys. But, I don't understand your second question, what does mean the "is" ? :sweat

3. Initially, I thought I only wanted boys. Nowadays, I seem to prefer girls more. It really depend on the sculpts I come across with. If there is an influx of girl dolls that I really like, I tend to buy more girls. Likewise, if more boy sculpts are being released and I fancy their faces, I tend to buy more boy dolls. I go with the flow.

4. Why do you think you prefer one gender over another?

Sorry

I'm finding I'm not attracted to the males right now. Girls, girls, girls...just like the song.

#4 raisinbiggtoby, Feb 16, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017
    5. It's okay, don't be sorry ! :XD:

I see ! :)

6. I have all boys. I don't know why, but I'm not as interested in girls. I'm a tomboy, I don't have any interest in girly clothes, hair or make up on me, so I guess that carries over to my dolls. I find the tiny boy clothes and shoes cute! (Must stop buying boots...)

Also, I prefer looking at men in general so in terms of faces that appeal to me, that's possibly part of it.

7. Somehow it happened that I only have boys. It has bothered, now I want buy a girl and to sew dresses for her)

8. Spuggy I'm a tomboy too and maybe that's why I'm attracted to the girls. I can live my girly fashion dreams vicariously through them (and at a much more reasonable price than dressing myself the same way).

9. I prefer the boys because it's rare when it comes to dolls. I think the only kind of doll that has a variety of male dolls are BJDs. I have yet to see other dolls than Ken. :lol: I'm not completely against the thought of buying girl dolls though.:) But I'd rather spend the cute clothes on me if ever. Lol :mwahaha:lol:

10. I have a huge favoritism on girls, and only own girl BJDs. I guess it's because i have always been into fashion dolls, I just love buying them cute dresses, changing their hair, etc! :fangirl:

11. Most of my dolls are girls. But as I also have boys, I can't say if I actually have a favorite now. It is easier to find "girl" clothes for the doll sizes I prefer.

12. I have both male and female dolls (as well as a few who are neither-) in my collection, but the guys have always made up the majority. They currently outnumber the gals by about 3 to 1. o_0

Why? It's not because I have anything against girl dolls... I have every bit as much fun with them as I do with my guys... It's just that I'm much, much pickier about them. Not only do I have to like both the head and body sculpts, but they have to "match" well in terms of apparent age and physical maturity. I can mentally work around a boyish male face on a ripped muscle-dude body a lot more easily than I can tolerate a very child-like little-girl face on a boob-a-palooza grown-up woman's bod... and, unfortunately, there are an awful lot of girl dolls out there that have that face/body disconnect. That's really limited the number of girls I could add to the crew over the years.

#12 Brightfires, Feb 16, 2017
      Last edited: May 14, 2017
    13. XD I literally have no girly fashion dreams!

14. Nothing wrong with that at all. My interest in menswear would be on the historic side only to be honest.

15. I only buy female dolls!

16. I prefer male sculpts as I like their fashions more, and I also find their shoes fascinating (even in RL). I do have three females just so I can dress them up cute (one Dollfie Dream, one yosd, & one anthro). Mostly what Spuggey said about liking to look at males!

17. I want a mix of both girls and boys. I don't have a doll as of yet, however my first one will be a girl. I don't know yet if I will have more girls than boys like I do with many other things, because there is such a large degree of customization that the clothes for boys would not restrict the kind of styles that I would want them to potentially have.

18. I have twice as many boys as I have girls, but the girls are spoiled with a wardrobe and shoe selection that is far greater. The guys have half a dresser drawer of clothing; the girls have two and a half. :lol:

19. I have both. I think I do a better job at styling girls. They have more hairstyles and beautiful dresses! Also the shoes and socks...

20. Girls. I thought I'd only have boys, but I have the worst time finding wigs I like for them. I also like to sew, but am not very good lol, so I find it hard to make guy clothes. Dresses, at least the simple ones, are much easier. It's all about practicality for me. :)