1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

General Mecha Angel discussion thread!

Jul 21, 2011

1. I've searched over and over and it seems like a waste not to see many active topics of discussion dedicated to Mecha Angels in general :sweat

If there's a thread already please point me to it.

Well, I must say my first live contact with MA gave quite the impression. Sabik is a mold with a loving personality :o
      I keep wondering if Soom had a model for him. So far he's on a borrowed Dollzone body that matches ridiculously well (both are around 2-3 years old, Sabik is ns and the DZ body is normal yellow, I think)

:D
      Please share info about your tall girls and boys

2. hi there! *waves hand*

I also haven't found a special thread for Mecha girls and boys, which is kinda strange to me...
      Glad there's one now, anyway ^^

I've just received Meisa today and I'm more than happy with her. She's so beautiful! One of my favorite molds this far. I was planning to get her someday, but when Soom informed that they're discontinuing her... I had to hurry up. And, of course, I don't regret it at all!

She's still nameless though and fully naked... should sort it out somehow xD

3. :D Ohhh gorgeous girl!
      Do post a pic when she has a wig ^_^

Can I request something? D: Are the measurements posted on the Soom site reliable? I'm about finished with a jeans for my upcoming Vega and... I really don't want to end up having to redo everything ~___~
      lol

4. Please show lots of Meisa pics, I waited for Soom to turn Meisa as a male then they decided to discontinue. I am sooo disappointed. Meisa will look great as a boy. Now I am waiting for Soom to produce another male mecha. So far I have Saiph, Corvi, and Vega in my collection. Need more hunkie male.

5. Deneb makes a delightful male too :z I so want to mod a Deneb..........

6. Anyone know how heavy Sabik is...? I'm adopting him soon from a friend, and I'm wondering what to expect xD I hear he's quite a handful xD

7. (congratz Ruepaw \o/)
      So far well... I can say the head is huge o_o Like... your hand half open and curled a bit. Heavy, big, gorgeous head LOL
      I see why it's so difficult to make hibrid MA

8. Ruepaw-Sabik isn't really that much heavier than most 70cm dolls. He's hollowed out pretty well in the chest area and my dollshe and EID boys feel much heavier to me. :)

9. @Dream: Yeah, I've felt the weight of an EID with the Superhero body, and THAT was pretty weighty xD [I'll be ordering a EID Bichun with that body eventually, which is why I was testing xD] But, yes, if you say that Sabik feels comparitively lighter, then I think it should be okay when it comes to my carry bag and how my back will cope with all my dolls at once xD xD xD

10. Now that I have two, I guess it's time to admit defeat and park myself here. ^^;

Second one is a hybrid, currently wearing my Soom Ender head until I order the proper one. Love these guys, but dang is it ever hard to clothe them.

11. Tygati, I read Dollmore Glamour Model clothes fit MA boys, there's a topic of it somewhere

12. I think I looked into that for a bit, but happily for me there's an awesome seamstress in Hungary who sews the most gorgeous outfits for Mecha Angel boys. That way I don't have to settle for the few things that are available. :)

P.S. Does anyone have a Betel? Curious to see that sculpt outside of promo shots.

13. Guess I'll share my Sabik's pictures... linky

14. Love the pics of Cain, bluekitsune~ :) I'll have to see if I can dig up some pics to post of my boy. I've been sewing a lot for him, so I haven't gotten to take many. Was somebody considering holding a MA clothing swap? Could have sworn I saw something somewhere on DOA.

15. Isis, thanks ^^~
      please do :D
      Also, could you tell me if the MA website's measurements are accurate or not?

16. second!

eagerly waiting on the girls to come up again, i just missed them last time :(

17. There's a really great detailed measurement thread for the MA boys here. :) Not sure about the big girls though.

18. Shelbelly, who're gonna order? :3

Dream of Isis, thanks :D This is really useful
      I guess we'll end up gathering the MA related links here hehe

19. I wonder if Soom would let me get a Betel on a boy body... I really like that face. ^^

20. Saiph :3 it was a hard pick between her and Betel! but Saiph won as she has that innocence i need for this character. she's going to tower over all my other resins XD but that's my intention with her :3
      i'm lucky there's two local owners with beautiful mecha boys near me, but no one local has a mecha girl :(