1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

George Shrinks Is The Reason I Love 1/12 Scale

Mar 4, 2019

1. I remember I watched the TV show George Shrinks as a kid and being extremely jealous of his stuff (lol)
      I'm wondering what set you down the rabbit hole of 1/12 BJDs? (or dolls)
      (barbie sized BJD's also count! I just don't know what scale that is)

2. I usually prefer SD, but I have thought about getting some smaller dolls to fit in my childhood dollhouse! I don't currently have space to display my dollhouse, but if I can one day, I may get a tiny BJD family for it, or I might just stick my DollFactory Devil Bobo in it!

BTW, Barbie would be 1/6. Most 1/6 BJDs are YoSD size, which are child proportioned, but there are a few 1/6 adult dolls too.

3. I love the 1/12 scale ones! I started collecting dolls around 1/12 scale as I always wanted a dollhouse but wanted to have someone to inhabit one. I got a posable off-topic doll but kept going for ones that were even more posable until I got my pukipuki! When she's not out traveling with me (running errands and practically everything else), she lives in her dollhouse. :)

4. I haven’t thought of that show in YEARS. But I am extremely interested in getting a resin doll that tiny! Such a shame that they’re difficult to find.

5. What you call "Barbie sized" is popularly known as 1/6 scale. It's my preferred scale and it's so difficult to find resin BJDs in that size that aren't children. I prefer adult or at the very least adolescent dolls, and those in 1/6 are kind of thin on the resin ground.

It's ironic because 1/12 is a very popular Western scale (for dollhouses, I expect) but you just don't find that many 1/12 ABJDs. Happy hunting!