1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting a companion doll?

Dec 14, 2020

1. When I got my first minifee I was so in love with her body that I wanted to give her minifee sister's. My minifee Chloe is the older sister, then my Celine is in the middle and my minifee Rin is the cute youngest sister :chibi

2. Getting a "companion" doll is how I wound up with so many. A "gateway drug", if you will.

The day after I brought home my first BJD, he seemed to be sad that he had no one else here like him, so... online I went, and within the week, a girl from his company arrived. However, she was so not the girlfriend! She became his pesky little sister, and I commenced looking around for a suitable girl. She didn't work out either, but she formed a relationship with the other boy doll that I bought while waiting for her to arrive. And... here we are today, a village!

My original doll says he wasn't THAT lonely, hahaha!

3. My first doll's character, Raleigh, was originally an only child. However, when I saw Ringdoll Carlos, he had to have an older brother. Sadly, Carlos was discontinued before I saved up enough for him. Instead, I fell even more in love with Akagi Doll's Tan 2. Sadly for Raleigh, the older brother's character ended up being a narcissistic psychopath and very much not good brother material.

4. Well, this has recently happened to me…again. But in every case before, it was more an issue of loving the sculpt so much, I couldn’t resist buying a second one as a sibling when they popped up second-hand in the marketplace. In this newest case however, it was just seeing a fullset from a completely different company and suddenly “recognizing” Georgie’s best friend. And I’d really thought I was completely done collecting this time too.:doh. It’s a slippery slope!

#44 PoeticSoul, Aug 7, 2021
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    5. As I was waiting for my first girl to arrive, I was debating what to name her. It had to be as pretty as her, have special meaning... Then I remembered a horror movie I adore, "A Tale of Two Sisters." If I was going to name a doll after one of the sisters, it only made sense that I get her sibling.

I had a similar mindset when getting character dolls from Bioshock. They are Little Sisters, plural, stopping with one made no sense.

6. So far I've gotten one doll exclusively to be another doll's sibling. When I first saw Bobobie's Moonie I knew she was my Elfkin Leif's sister Aspen and I had to work her into my plans. Something similar kind of happened with my pukifee Toria, though she would've happened regardless of whether or not she was the perfect "big" sister for my off topic doll Moss.
      Now I'm currently working toward getting an OT doll to be a companion for my little mushroom doll Myca because it jumped off of the page and into my need to have list as soon as I saw it. So I will probably be bringing it home within the next month or so.
      Other than those any companions/family dolls have either been preplanned or just fell into place.

7. Oof, I'm in the midst of this now. I bought my first doll last year... but now I feel like he needs a friend, so I've been on the hunt. And so the gateway opens and the cycle begins.
      :sweat

8. In Rosenlied's closing sale I ordered a Tuesday's Child Bambi because I have always loved her, then about 2 days later I worried she wouldn't be happy being my only Rosenlied doll, and with the company closing.. I ended up ordering a Pansy to be her friend before the order for Bambi had even been properly processed!

None of my other dolls have been bought to be friends specifically for others, but all bar one are 1/6 scale YOSD styles, one being an actual Volks YOSD. Oddly I never worried about her needing a company friend.

9. That's how most of my doll's characters came about! Erzsi arrived very quickly as a character after seeing the SDF Iris photos, then her sister Korinna, then their cousin, then their other cousin, then the vampire child, then Korinna's best friend, then Korinna's best friend's sister...

10. Haha, I've been really enjoying reading how everyone's doll family have grown! It seems that it is a really common thing to get another doll to keep the first one company :lol:

11. I love my first and currently only boy so much, then when his backstory decided he had a boyfriend I spent two weeks combing through websites looking for a face of someone suitable. I.. I don't know if I love the doll I chose or if I got him JUST for Remi, but I'm looking forward to him arriving so thats a good sign right?

I'm sort of appalled with myself that that was the reason I splurged on a second doll but it's been done and all I can do is hope for the best.

12. It's a perpetual thing for me. My first Bobobie Sprite was lonely, I saw a Resinsoul Song on the MP and they're a couple. I bought an Asleep Eidolon Lian Rong, then a DOC Bee-A to be his big sister, then just made a Kid's Sky Amber/Dikadoll to be their little sister. I have an Everpurple Iris who got a Narvy to be her sister. My DIM Sergei girl got a Dim Julis to be her brother. Other dolls (SD sized) are couples and couples in waiting. For some reason, characters I've been trying to shell for years have just come together all at once in mass!

13. Since I like tiny dolls, and Fairyland, I just wanted one of each of their tiny dolls from Littlefee on down to Realpuki. Then my Pukipuki needed a friend his size, and now my realfee Obi wants a friend. They are so much better in pairs!

14. So, the doll I have on order that I'm waiting for at the moment is a Spirit Doll Meng Po.... She's intended to be the resin version of one of my tabletop RPG characters. My World of Darkness mummy character, Nefertari.

Nef has been a very independent sort of character. She does things with the rest of the player character group willingly enough, but she's been a little stand-offish. She is, after all, a very different sort of monster than the rest of the gang and she has a very different outlook on what they're doing and why. That changed quite a bit recently with the introduction of our group's last member, though... a mortal archaeologist-turned-demon-hunter named Aiza.

I may end up having to find resin!Aiza, before we're done...
      Like I have room for ANOTHER tall-girl over here...

Freakin' mummies, man... You can never tell what those weirdos are going to do. :doh

15. Yep... I hadn't intended to fall into this, but I did with all the other types of dolls I collect so IDK why I thought it would be any different. I had only had my currently-only doll for about a month when I started thinking I'd like her to have a girlfriend and started browsing other anthro dolls. Coincidentally Dearmine released the new LE Arthur at the same time and... so now we're both patiently waiting for that one (who will be a female character once in my possession.)

I don't have high hopes that I'll stop at just two dolls this time, but maybe... :sweat *closes a Resinsoul tab*

16. I feel this pretty strongly. After I completed my first doll, I felt pretty strongly I needed to get her a girlfriend. Right now I have a single msd sized girl and am fighting the urge to get her some sort of friend too. They just seem lonely all by themselves!

17. *sigh* This is how it all started for me... brought the first one home, and he went all droopy and dramatic on me, saying he was lonely. I immediately order him a girlfriend, to find that when she arrived, she so wasn't his girlfriend! She became his sister instead. Back to the Internet, to find a girlfriend... and while waiting for the new girlfriend to arrive, another boy was bought, as a possible boyfriend for the sister. Turns out the new girlfriend and the new boy hit it off, so... the quest for a girlfriend continued, and 16 years later, here we are, with a village. Original boy says he was lonely, but not that lonely! :XD::sweat

PS -- Original boy resorted to an out-of-household romance -- which continues to this day :aheartbea

18. Zilvriia is my current grievance. I shelled Acyra so she could have a friend. Easy. Except that until Acyra is done being modded, she has no friend. So I get a head I really like, and I make another of her friends: Nirathos, a player character from my friend’s Dnd campaign that I play her in. And he looks right, probably, or he will once I’ve dyed him, but nothing is enough for Zilvriia.

I’m now shelling the other 2 pc’s, and hoping I can draw the line there, and not at her bringing home any npcs she meets along the way.

19. Yes!! When I got my first MSD boy, he was so cute and special I thought to myself... I need two, lol. The second one came in later and they became twin brothers! The smaller MSD size from what I was used to awakened something new in me. :lol:

20. Yes. I knew it from the first one that I didn't wanted to have any doll that is 'disconnected' from others, so for my first girl I bought a boyfriend, and this guy now has a little sister and they became a happy family together.