1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gifts for Dolls?

Dec 18, 2016

1. Just curious, does anyone like to give gifts to their dolls for the holidays? I wouldn't mind it I don't think, but I'm broke this year. ^^;

2. I occasionally get them new outfits around this time of the year, if I have the extra money to spend on them. Usually something winter related, like new sweaters or some such. I like doing group photos of my dolls with Christmas decorations in the background, so it's always nice if they are dressed to match. :)

3. My niece asked me what I was getting my dolls for Christmas. I said I'd get them a Christmas tree. Which I did. I do kinda like the idea of getting them presents and wrapping them up...but I'm so busy right now I don't think I'll have time to shop, wrap and unwrap more presents!

I did have a bit of a splurge on clothes tho and ordered some new eyes. And I've ordered a body for a floating head. And a new wig. And I found a tiny wooden rocking horse for my pukifee... I might pose them with some stuff as though they're playing with their new gifts tho!

4. That's a cute idea, but I generally consider any new things they get this time of year as a gift for myself that happens to be doll stuff.

5. I was going to say the same ;)

6. I used to when I only had around 5 dolls, but now I'm pushing 20 and I just don't bother much. I do however get gifts for my dolls' role play partners who belong to my friends, and usually enter at least one holiday swap here. If I get money for Christmas, I do spend a good chunk on doll stuff, but I don't bother wrapping it.

7. My friend and I only have one doll each right now, so her and I are definitely doing doll gifts for each other! It's mostly clothing. lol

8. Yeah, I view as technically being that, but it's more fun to say that it's a gift for my dolls.

9. I plan next year, when I actually have my dolls, to wrap some things and do a Christmas photo shoot of them opening presents! It will likely be little things I find at the dollar store or something, but it would make for some cute photos! Aside from that, I might get them some gifts in place of gifts for me on my birthday next year! Technically that is for me though! xD

10. I would absolutely give my doll gifts if I had funds but since I do not, I plan on making her gifts. Hopefully next year, I'd be able to buy her shoes and a companion for Christmas.

11. I did, I bought them all blind bags. :3nodding:
      Mostly My Little Pony and Care Bears ones and one of my yosds got a Thomas the Tank Engine mini blind bag. She is starting to like trains.<3

12. Although I didn't buy every doll a gift, I did buy some great clothing for my SD (1/3) and YOSD (1/6) dolls. Oh, and my Iplehouse vampire dolls got a couple of horns.

I also gave one of my blank dolls a faceup as a post-Christmas gift because I had kept him waiting for half a year.

13. Well, I do get my dolls gifts... Not necessarily for the holidays, just randomly and on impulse when I find an item that they might like.
      Just recently a bought an angel statue (prop item) with Hope (the doll's name) engraved on it for one of my girls!

14. Sometimes I do, but usually I end up making things for other people's dolls as gifts. ^-^ Nothing says "holidays!!" like a new knitted goodie from a relative!

15. I think once I get my doll sorted and figure out what I want her to look like I would love to get her gifts. I think it would be adorable.

16. I got my partner doll themed gifts (clothing and accessories), but not for the dolls specifically.

It's a cute idea though. I like the thought of tiny presents under a tiny tabletop tree.

17. They all have birthdays but I haven't really thought much on getting them things for their birthdays, but they definitely get Christmas presents haha!

18. Now I'm curious: Are your dolls' birthdays the day that you got them or just a day that you chose?

19. Their birthdays are the days that I got them :)

20. Hm, I'll have to see if I can remember what day I got my Tiny. I was away from home when she arrived, so I'm not sure what the date was. I don't recall the exact date for my Mini either, but I bought her at a convention, so I can easily look it up.