1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Girls Loving Girls

Nov 9, 2007

1. OK I looked and all I ever see is boys loving boys which I think is great if the love is good who cares what the genders are. But how come I never see girls loving girls. I am thinking of making 2 of my females find out they love each other. No kinky stuff, pretty tame in fact. But how far if I go this way could I push it esp with the pics? Any feedback would be appreciated and if I put this in the wrong place I am sorry. MK

2. I'm not really into dolly romances of any sort, but I've always found Haibane's photo stories very tasteful and sweet ^_^

Raven

3. There are girlxgirl romances out there, they just aren't as common or prominent as the boyxboy stuff because... well, I don't actually know why. I always assumed that it was because most doll owners are female, and most girls seem to like yaoi, but that could be a vast oversimplification.

But by all means, if thats what you want to do with your girls, I'm sure plenty of people here would be glad to see more non-boys love romances. When thinking about what pictures to take and post here, you're looking at exactly the same guidelines as everyone else - tasteful nudity, nothing explicit. Good luck with your pictures!

4. I have two girls that are together (and a lot of boys that are together--my dolls all seem to stick to their own genders). As long as you stay within the forum rules, there's nothing stopping someone posting girlxgirl pics--I say go for it and have fun :)

5. You could go as far with it as you would any other pairing. There is no discrimination vs girl couples, it's just not as common versus the 'standard' boy-girl couples and boy couples. Personally I'd like to see more.. my girlfriend and I have vague plans for a pair of Unoa girl lovers. :3

6. Personally I'm planning on putting my Megu and my Luna together at one point. It's true that girl couples aren't quite as common as the boy couples (because overall yaoi is a lot more popular), but the ones that I've seen have gotten a very good response - and a lot of people say, "Oh, I wish DoA had more shoujo ai couples!"

Go for it, just do stay tasteful.

7. People are always wondering on other message boards why boy's love always gets so much attention but not many seem to be into girl's love. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that there are a lot of women here and BL is often targeted at that demographic(in its commercial sense, at least).

8. Well, if there were more men in this hobby I would suspect there would be more yuri couples. Perhaps generalizing a bit, but it doesn't seem yuri is as popular amongst females. And females are the majority in this hobby, so...

9. Well, I'm female and I don't like yaoi, seems I'm in the minority! LOL... I have a pair of girls who are more than just friends. There are other people here too who have girl/girl couples, they are indeed out there. Have fun!

10. i never thought about it actually. Maybe most people like yaoi and go with the flow of boyXboy and dont' think to do girlXgirl. I think your right though, if more dudes were on here who did romatic stories there would probably be more girlXgirl

11. Thank you all for the feedback and info. Some of the terms you all used I am not familiar with must be some more into this then I thought. If any of you have girl xgirl stories I would love the links to speed up the process. Like I said it's an idea, but not carved in stone. Hate to say this but it depends on if I can afford to keep my guy more then if I think they have the spark to share. Again thanks, MK

12. Sorry I don't have any links off the top of my head, but this might help.

yaoi = boy and boy relationships
      yuri = girl and girl relationships
      shoujo ai = girl and girl

I'm assuming that's what you were confused about when it came to terms anyways. :3 I'm female and I think yaoi is sort of boring after awhile. I like it, but it's just everywhere, you know? I'd love to see more girlxgirl relationships. :3 And I hope you go for it.

13. That did help. I am 50 years old and with the BJD world pretty new to me, only been in it since Feb it is a lot to learn and take in. Like I said I want my girls to be strong in that they don't need men to make them happy, but I also don't want to offend or mess it up either. I think my DD is better at this stuff then me as far as knowing what works and what doesn't in writing. I tend to go for humor in my stories so please whatever direction I go I must find some humor. Thanks for all the help, MK

14. One of my girl dolls has a relationship (short of) with a friend's girl doll: See the photo story here!
      We started this as there were as far as we knew no openly bi or homosexual orientated girl bjd in the Netherlands and we were a bit fed up with the boyXboy stuff going on. ;)

As others have said: you're fine if you keep the forum rules in mind.
      Some may not like girlXgirl, but as long as your pictures are within the rules, it's their problem.

15. unoa girl lovers are very cute :) Sure girl lovers are cool. Right and many don't like boy boy (or any sexuality expressed in doll form) but you should enjoy your dolls and have fun with them however you wish ! that are plenty here who would enjoy your pics.

16. Some of the terms were already posted but some more are shounen-ai (boys love)... sometimes also just called "boys love" or "bl".... and yes, those couplings here are so popular! I admit that I am a fan of them myself (moreso for the actual characters than for the fact that it's a bl coupling... like, in general I don't even like anime/manga bl couplings because they're so cliche... /ramble). I'm also a fan of girl/girl or boy/girl or just innocent friendships (basically anything is fine by me xD!). But there are some really cute girl/girl doll couples... they're just hard to find *_*. I actually haven't seen one in a while. I have one (possibly two) girl couplings myself, but I haven't posted anything of them yet because I'm lazy xD;...

17. It's mainly because yaoi (boyxboy) is extremely popular. Yuri (girlxgirl) isn't as popular thus seeing more boyxboy than girlxgirl.

18. My girl's pansexual [meaning she doesn't like girls or boys]...I think. I think she might be bi though. I'll probably buy another mini girl sometime and just let her figure out what her orientation is. I say whatever floats your boat.

19. There doesn't seem to be an abundance of GxG couples on DoA you're right. I think it's because there are quite a few boy dolls on here. Even my first doll is going to be a boy. I am planning to have a shojo ai couple(because I am a girl who likes shojo ai! ^^). I'd say go for it, nothin wrong with a little GxG doll love! XD

20. Go for it!

I hope your girls are very happy together--or at least are amusing to read about. ;)

Ann in CT