1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Grail doll feelings filled by another doll?

Feb 28, 2020

1. Anyone ever get a doll you dont expect to fill the feelings you get from one of your grails and suddenly no longer care about getting the grail?

I had my heart set on Dollpamm Ice Arubi for the longest time, but now i have a DZ Lacey and that spot in my heart arubi sat in feels filled by her~!

Also pls enjoy this image i took of her bc I LOVE HER SO MUCH AND WANT TO SCREAM ABT HER ALWAYS~<3<3<3
      [​IMG]

2. Sometimes 'temporary' shells end up working better than the intended shell. I've had that happen twice now.

Also your girl is adorable!

3. Awww :3 what a darling~! I can totally understand that she'd fill a void where another doll used to be. She does kind of remind me of Arubi so maybe that did it? She really is cuteness overload, she instantly made me smile.

4. Wow she is totally adorable! I love everything about her. The cute face, the painting, her tiny hoofs and clothes. I am totally stunned :love. I can imagine she will stop you of thinking about any other doll.

5. Not so long ago I wanted a Soom Sabik but I ended up getting an IOS Anima as a Christmas gift. However I really began to love Anima as a sculpt a lot and recently I saw a picture of Sabik and I didn’t like him quite as much as I used to.

6. That's definitely happened to me! I wanted a CP/Delf WooSoo Vampire (not the minifee versions you can get now). Wanted him soooooooo much! Then I got a CP/Delf Chiwoo Vampire elf and had him modified to look like a WooSoo (For those unfamiliar, the WooSoo sculpt was a variation of the Chiwoo sculpt) and with the elf ears.... gah he was just so perfect. I've never felt the need to have an actual WooSoo since.

7. Yes, several times. I am a big fan of dragons and knights (not neccessarily together though). So I really loved Loongsoul's Ying Long and Iplehouse's Elemental Guardian Claude.

However, there was no way I could get any of them. So instead I chose to turn an Impldoll Mzzen into an ice dragon. Regarding the knight, I opted to make a whole suit of Gothic plate armor instead of trying to purchase a set of Claude's armour.

8. funny you should say tiny hooves, her feet are actually HUGE. almost 1.5 inches/4cm wide each~! As im sure you can imagine this makes her an absolute CHAMP at standing.

oof im not usually super into male sculpts personally but both of these boys are SUPER lovely! Def can see why you love the Anima esp, hes got such good features~!

oh man if you have a doll profile of that one up i'd love to see him~!!!!!

YOOOOO I'd love to see that plate armor!

9. she is super cute

10. All I have is a super old, not very good picture, but here's my Chiwoo(soo), Luka
      [​IMG]

11. Yes!

Soom Ender and Volks F16 were my grails, I’ve owned both, and the love I had for either doesn’t even come close to the love I felt when I got my OfButterfliesNThings Paulette. I was so hesitant about buying her but getting her finished gave me a feeling no other doll has.

12. I REALLY wanted a four sisters Yosd. But I never saw one in my price range.
      Cue hiatus and coming back to seeing a fair amount of Volks Yosd on the second hand market. I didn't see a four sister, but I saw my Rinon. I though she'd be 'good enough' at her price point. After having her, I love her mold even more then the four sisters mold! I'm very happy I bought her as my first bjd back into the hobby.

13. Hubby and I are big wrestling geeks, and I’d wanted an Iplehouse EID Luo for years (I thought he would make my perfect grail male wrestler!) But every time I saved up for him, something would come up and the money would end up needing to go going elsewhere. And then the Luo sculpt was suddenly cancelled!:( I looked and looked, but no other face would do, so I sadly gave up on the project entirely. Then along came a fascinating influx of Asian female wrestlers in the major wrestling venues, and I got the idea of doing a female wrestler instead. I chose an Asian inspired female sculpt, a Luts Senior Delf Ju Hee. This has worked out absolutely brilliantly, and I’ve had tremendous fun working on her special wrestling costumes. I now see that this new doll absolutely eclipses anything that Luo would ever have been in my collection.

#14 PoeticSoul, Mar 3, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 3, 2020