1. Become a DoA Archivist!
    Volunteers Needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

Grumpy Tiny?

Oct 11, 2007

1. I've been looking at Naripons for an age and a half. Do you think I can make up my mind? No!! I like them all, well nearly all... that one with his tongue sticking out - Ginger is my favourite. Who else makes grumpy tinies and who would you suggest? I keep looking at my Poppet/Lilica, but she's too sweet to be grumpy. Never thought I'd be asking this. Times have changed.

2. I think secretdoll looks pretty grumpy, and lati yellow Lea is quite grumpy. Also elfdoll Hana Devil's grumpy face is nice and grumpy.

but still, I don't think I've ever seen a grumpier tiny than a naripon Pansy or Daisy. IMHO those are the 2 grumpiest.

3. I see Hana pretty regularly FS, though, so if you decide you want that one you should be able to find one. :)

I had forgotten about dodo!!

4. I always thought pouty-faced Gomi Junior would make a good older sister for my Nari-pon, but she's also sold out :(

And don't forget the almighty power of the faceup! Some downturned eyebrows can make all the difference :)

5. That is true, a frowning face-up will make any doll look grumpy

6. My Bambicrony Elf Pepe (26cm) looks a bit grumpy. She has little painted smile lines in the corners of her mouth that the artist slanted down. I put in a pretty color of eyes to sweeten her up a bit, but she still has some attitude...
      [​IMG]

There is on Banji doll that is grumpy or evil or something - Kiwi (and her brother):
      http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=1726

Some other grumpy ones (though no longer made) are the original versions of 14cm Elfdoll "Monnaemi sisters" Min and Jin. Jin is crying and Min is a but grumpy. Their other sister Bong is smiling brightly. The more recent limited re-release versions had new faceups and looked more placid.
      Original Monnaemi sisters:
      http://dec66292.dreamweb.co.kr/boar...REAMBOARD15&choose2=&choose1=&pagenow=3&ID=11

Carolyn

7. Lati does a few though they're more sad than grumpy...and their glass eyes shine enough to look like tears in their eyes...

8. There are lots of grumpy dolls, or grumpy-ISH dolls.

But I still hold true to the fact that Naripons are the KING of grump. :3

9. Ielf I will sleep Lucky is pretty grumpy looking, or maybe just evil (Loves tiny evil) I think lilica is more bossy than grumpy lol. Another one is PF Liu, and PF Jimmy, both look kind of grumpy.

10. Elfdoll MinDelRe looks pretty grumpy at times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      My little one channeling some 'Dark Side'.

11. Yeah - looks like newer limited Min is grumpy too!

Carolyn

12. Goodness me! ~What a wonderful response.~ I have Hana Devil, but I should have said I was thinking of a tiny, tiny.

Sher you amaze me. I've never thought of Daisy as grumpy. I always think she looks as though she's about to cry. Pansy is definitely grumpy!!

I agree Dodo and Min are more grumpy. Argh! This is becoming a more difficult choice with all these wonderful suggestions.

The Lati's? I've always loved Coco and she's sweet. I first saw Lea and fell for her, but I find their heads are too big for their bodies. I also want to use this little one in my dollhouse. Sorry I wasn't very specific.

I'd forgotten about Lucky, too. Thanks blackeyeliner. I wanted one of those because they have fat tummys. *giggle* But she wouldn't fit in the dollhouse either.

It seems I am still leaning toward a grumpy Pon! The main reason I've held off, is their kicky legs. Do they all have that?

Sorry I haven't mentioned everyone's name, but I have read everything and appreciate you all chiming in. Thanks too, for the photos. That really helps as I can't always remember what a doll looks like.

13. secret doll ...so much attitude and sulk ...yeah Min Del Ray ...she always looks as though she is sulking ...but I think it depends on her face-up

My little Esme is the Queen if Grump in our house
      [​IMG]

and Mini ...she is always in a strop
      mostly because Luthien and Tinuviel get all the attention :)
      [​IMG]

14. well the reason I said Daisy is that Honorine is a daisy - and omg I think Honorine is SOOOOO pissy looking, LOL.... she is the doll that made me want a naripon in the first place. Gothiclibrarian is truly directly responsible for Juniper Snowpea.

15. I-elf does a grumpy looking tiny - i think it is lucky bedtime or something similar lol she looks so grumpy she would tear you limb from limb if you got on the wrong side of her lol :shudder

16. Lati is doing a new size range of Lati's - they use the same white-size heads but a bigger body! No one's seen on in real life yet to gage but I think their about the size of the smallest Oriendolls with a head in proportion to the body so they'll fit in nicely with my tiny clan. I plan on getting one at some point. Belle is the new head and her mouth is an upside-down "U".

But the best grumpy is the Nari-pon...it might have something to do with the smaller eyes and the pursed lips - most other tinies lips are more relaxed...

17. I think the DIM Sweet Marigold and maybe some others look grumpy to me. dimdoll.com