1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Guu 1/4 Dolls Discussion

Apr 29, 2016

1. I see mixed reviews on Guu MSDs. If you have one, did she come scratched up from sanding? Is there a way to smooth this out, like Magic Eraser or something?

Also, how is she for poseability?

Do you like her hands and feet? I'm ok with undersized, but I'm not a fan of clunky. I prefer delicate fingers if possible, esp for the character I'm shelling.

Anything else you care to add, I'd love to hear. I haven't been able to find much info. Thanks!

2. Hi there! :daisy

I own a GuuDoll Verona and would be more than happy to address your questions the best I can.

My Verona did arrive with some scratches on her chest, but I wasn't too concerned for two reasons: 1. You can't see the scratches under clothes, and 2. I bought her on sale for $122, and I've paid $300+ for a doll and still received imperfections (be it sanding marks, seamlines, etc.). The issues she has = very little by comparison.

You may be able to sand them out. I've never tried that so I can't say for sure. You may want to look around the customization and maintenance section of the forum for more details.

Excellent, especially for the price. I would rank her in the top 20% of my minis----better than my Kids-Sky, my Bobobie, my Resinsoul, my Bambicrony, etc. but not as good as my Loongsoul, MNF, and Angel Fantasy (the latter being my top three posers).

I can take some photos of my girl if you let me know what poses you're interested in seeing her hold.

I love her hands, personally. You can see some photos in her box opening.

As far as her feet goes, they are a bit chubby and short, but cute. They remind me of feet for the MNF Moe line, although I'm not sure how their measurements compare.

Her body is very streamlined and far from clunky, btw.

I see you own a Mystic Kids LIllian and have a DreamingDoll Little Elva on your wishlist. I own both a MK Lillian and Little Elva----would you like to see how GuuDoll Verona compares to them? I can take a photo of the three together.

Also, if you're interested in seeing how GuuDoll Verona compares to the other minis I own, you can see a complete list on the "INFO" tab of my profile. Just let me know who you want to see her next to and I'll snap a quick pic for you. :daisy

I hope I helped, at least a little. :sweat

3. Oh wow, @PeppermintPocky, thank you SO VERY MUCH for all the great info! Since you have both a little Elva and a Guu, I'd love to see how their resins compare! I just got a Little Elva Airi head and I'm looking for a body for her. I wasn't super happy with the elbows and knees I saw on the Little Elva body and the reason I'm asking about Guu is because I was hoping I could use that body for her. What do you think? My Little Elva head is in Normal Skin.

Thank you again so much for your extremely helpful info! TBH I'm considering a Guu even if the Little Elva doesn't work now, LOL!

4. You're very welcome. Always happy to help! :daisy

I shall snap a photo of my 1/4 GuuDoll and my Little Elva together for you once the weather clears up. The resin won't match (my GuuDoll is WS while my Little Elva is NS), but I'll also take a photo of my Little Elva Lia head on my GuuDoll body so you can see how a hyrbid would work. :)

Will return with photos soon!

Random: I just noticed 1/4 GuuDoll doesn't have a Discussion Thread yet. :( Maybe this can end up being the discussion thread? :XD:

5. Oh thank you so much! That's awesome! :D Yeah, I'd be happy if this became the Guu thread. I'd love to see pics of everyone's! :D

6. Photos for you!

I took three. This one is of my GuuDoll Verona next to my DreamingDoll Little Elva Lia boy:

[​IMG]
      And here are links to two more:

--- Little Elva head on GuuDoll body
      --- Little Elva head on GuuDoll body (close-up)

I think the proportion def' works! :thumbup

Apologies for the grainy photos. Not much lighting in my house today. :sweat

Yay! Happy I'm not the only one who loves GuuDoll minis. Would you be up for changing your thread title a little? Maybe, like, just to a general "1/4 GuuDoll Discussion Thread" or something? :XD:

If not, that's cool, too. I'll just start posting random GuuDoll photos here to satisfy my need for pic spam. :lol:

7. @PeppermintPocky OMG, excellent! Guu here I come! Thanks a ton! Yep, I'm going to change the title now. :)

8. Oh hooray! So glad to know I helped. :thumbup

And thanks for changing the title---I hope more folks pop in to share their GuuDoll minis. Are you leaning towards a hybrid, or are you considering a full doll now? :)

9. I'm going to start with a body for Airi. I have a hunch it may be a very slippery slope. . . ^_^

10. Ah, slippery slopes can be fun. ;)

I gave my Verona a face-up this week! Since she's one of the few floating around DOA I thought I'd share her here. Please pardon her baldness. I still need to find her a wig.

[​IMG]

11. Oh Gosh, she's GORGEOUS!! What an incredible job! I just got a wig from Wigs_M柒 and it's FABULOUS!!! SOOO soft!! :)

12. Thank you! :blush And whoa, those wigs are beautiful----and cheap (for this hobby, anyway)! Which style did you choose?

13. @PeppermintPocky I got the carrot one. This is how it looks straight out of the package. :)

[​IMG]

#13 Geekmama, May 9, 2016
      Last edited: May 10, 2016
    14. Lovely! Beautiful color (your girl is cute, too). :D

15. Thank you! She's finally got her proper eyes and hair! :D Can't wait for the Guu body to arrive for Airi.

16. Frankie has a wig! Yay! I was going for a retro '50s style and I think this helps her achieve a true "Peggy Sue" look. I may remove the ribbons and add a stretchy headband. More photos on my Tumblr.

[​IMG]

Do you have a shipping estimate? I bet it won't take long. I think I read GuuDoll's wait time is only 1-2 months. :thumbup

17. LOVE that wig! I was just wondering about ship time, today. :) I ordered straight from the Clover-Singing site (they're ON SALE and there's FREE SHIPPING, AND I got a coupon code! :D ) and it just says that I've paid and the order is being prepared right now. I'm glad to hear that the wait isn't too bad. I'll have to use this time to make her some clothes so the poor girl's not nekkid! :D

18. I ordered my girl from Clover-Singing, too---she was in stock, though, so I didn't have to wait. I'm considering placing another order through them because I love, love, love their free shipping promo. The problem is deciding which sculpt to buy. :sweat

And thank you! I'm happy you like Frankie in her wig! It's a Monique Gold "Penny" wig in Golden Auburn. I was surprised it fit so well, given it's a 6-7". So apparently the Verona sculpt can fit both 7-8" and 6-7" (loose/stretchy) wigs.

19. I posted this on the Dikadoll thread so I figured I'd share here for reference, too.

Here is a Dikadoll AAAAA head on a 1/4 GUUDoll body. Proportions look pretty good! (Please ignore the resin match----one is NS-Pink and the other is WS).

[​IMG]

Anyway, I hope this helps somebody someday. :daisy

20. I made a profile for my Frankie (Guu Doll Verona) so I thought I'd post one of the pictures I took for that here:

[​IMG]

Shame there's not more of these cuties around. :pout:

Tags: