1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Half-lidded Eyes

Aug 9, 2017

?
  1. Yes

43.1%
  2. No

6.0%
  3. It depends on the sculpt

50.9%
    1. Hello everyone, I was wondering: what do you think about half-lidded eyes on sculpts?
      I personally love them, and think they add a lot to an expression or make a sculpt better. In general I prefer open eyes to half-lidded, but there are many sculpts with half-closed eyes that I adore. (One that comes to mind is the Doll Chateau Colin head).
      Thanks for voting, and please feel free to chime in, add your opinion, or share pics of half-lidded dolls in your collection!

2. Usually, I prefer fully open eyes, but for some characters, a half-lidded sculpt is just perfect.

3. It really depends on the sculpt for me, and the overall look! My grail doll, Island Doll Veranoen, has half-closed eyes and he looks amazing with them. :D

4. I love half lidded eyes. I wish I could get open and half-lidded or closed eyed versions heads of all my doll sculpts.

5. They really add a lot of character to a sculpt in my opinion! I love the dreamy look and it's nice to have the eyelids as a bigger blank canvas for faceups.

6. I like half-lidded eyes on a case to case basis. :) Depends on the character, and at the moment none of mine could pull off that look.

7. There's only a few sculpts that I like it on, so I'm going to say no.

8. Gotta go with depends on the sculpt. I love some dolls with huge open eyes, and others with almost completely closed eyes. I especially like when there's options, where there is a sculpt with open eyes and an alternate head with half closed eyes!

9. I love dreaming or "half-lidded eyes" dolls. My favourite doll, which is a Delf dreaming Moon, has half-lidded eyes. It made him look so calm and serene and peaceful. He gives off such a chill vibe. He has such a pleasant atmosphere around him. The regular Moon (open-eyed) on the other hand has such an intense atmosphere. Both are great.

10. I agree! Open-eyed and closed-eyed options are great, but if companies did half-lidded as a regular option, I'd be over the moon. Good thing we always have the option of modding closed-eyed sculpts, but still!

Oh, I've never heard it as 'dreaming' before. That's a really pretty way of saying it! Sounds much better than 'half-lidded' for sure.

#10 GreenTeaAnarchy, Aug 9, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
    11. Ahaha, yes. Dolls with lidded eyes, or even closed eyes are...totally my thing. :: nods emphatically ::
      I think it gives dolls such a melancholy and ethereal sort of look, which I adore. Or in contrast, it can give the doll's gaze a sharp and piercing focus. I love how it plays with their expressions! It's like clouds passing over water: turn this way and it's a placid lake, but shift that way and you can see the storm coming. :chocoheart

12. I like half-lidded eyes as an alternative to their regular expression. Several of my dolls have multiple heads. :)

13. I have quite a few half-lidded eyes in my collection, I'm naturally drawn to them. I think it gives them a mysterious expression that appeals to me.

14. I personally love them. About half my dolls have eyes like this, and I much prefer partially closed eyes to fully closed eyes.

15. I used to have a Minifee Marcia sleeping head modded to have heavily lidded eyes and she was gorgeous. I ended up rehoming her but I think the look can be quite striking.

16. Half lidded>open eyes.

I don't really care for fully sleeping heads, and I do have some characters that need completely open eyes, but I'd say 9/10 times, half-lidded is the way to if it's an option. They're so beautiful!

17. I love them. They look so peaceful and lost in thought.

18. I absolutely love half lidded eyes! They look amazing!!

19. For me, it depends on the sculpt. I love wide open eyes, but I have seen some gorgeous half lidded eyes.

20. I like half lidded eyes but they only suit very specific situations because it looks to me as if they're tired ( ^ω^ )