1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Haru Casting Adori Discussion

Jan 27, 2016

1. This is a discussion for the absolutely ADORABLE Haru Casting Adori!

Adori is a 26cm doll with either a male or female body, and a Version 1 and Version 2 body - Version 1 is single jointed, Version 2 is double jointed and has a mobility thigh joint - here's photos showing the differences: Haru resin casting — These photos showing the similarities in Adori... and Haru resin casting — These photos showing the difference in Adori...

There is a choice of a regular or smiling head, and HEAPS of skin tone choices too. You can also buy the heads and bodies separately. At the moment, there is a pre-order until February 20th 2016, so get in quick!

Here's the link to the website: ADORI

And there are lots of pictures of all the Adori's and discussion on Haru's tumblr here: Haru resin casting or Flickr: Haru casting

Measurements:
      Height: 26cm
      Chest: 11cm
      Waist: 12cm
      Hips: 14cm
      Neck: 5.5cm
      Shoulders: 6cm
      Arm length: 7.8cm
      Leg length: 9cm
      Foot: 4cm
      Waist to floor: 15cm
      Eyes: 12mm with low dome or no dome
      Wig: 6-7inch
      Clothes: general YoSD or Littlefee size.

Hybrids:
      Before the official release, Haru did a giveaway on tumblr where 30 people were lucky enough to win Adori heads! So we have some hybrid info already:
      Volks #1 is a good normal skin match for older Volks dolls
      Volks #2 is for newer Volks, and also matches Crobidoll
      Doll Family H body is an excellent NS match, both for proportion and colour
      Impldoll is a good match for proportion, and Impldoll Realskin (non UV) matches Volks #2 Normal
      OnlyDoll Pink skin matches the Adori Peach Normal skin, and the proportions are good.
      Soom: proportion great, WS not a good match (Soom is more yellow), other resin matches unknown, especailly as Soom resin varies by batch
      Littlefee: colour match not 100% but not bad
      Cream White is a 95% match for WS Peakswoods, and the proportion and fit is great too
      ...if anyone has any others to add, or resin match info, let me know and I'll update this first post.

And now, let us go forth and discuss these gorgeous dolls! :D

[​IMG]

#1 morganatron, Jan 27, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    2. I have a head in yellow-white coming to hopefully match a DZ B27-003-2 in white! I'll post comparison and fit pictures once I have them both.

3. Yesss :D

I have an Adori who's the only boy in my all girls collection, he is getting very spoiled! He's a little adventurer and he often comes with me to the parcs and woods.

[​IMG]Adventurer Adori by Hasel-Anne van Stormbroek, on Flickr

He is Volks normal skin and matches perfectly with his volks swarrico body.

4. Their Volks #2 is a good match for Crobidoll (I've been hybriding mine with an E-line Yeon-ho's body). Although it's also a good match for newer Volks ^^

[​IMG]

5. My Adori is off getting a new faceup, but he's in their Peach Normal skin tone on a Pink Skin OnlyDoll body, which matches perfectly, in case anyone was wondering :)

6. I'm so glad Adori has his own thread now. My Adori is volks normal and on a littlefee body. It's not 100% match but not too bad.

[​IMG]Wants to go play cars with Maddox by Sue, on Flickr

7. Version 2 (V2) body has more movement in leg joints, while version 1 (V1) has simpler joints. Both genders are available as V1 or V2.

Adori is so cute! Mine is Volks normal #1 (old Volks) I have used 12 mm Glib acrylic eyes. They are not ideal. I think silicon eyes would look better.[​IMG]

8. Yay for an Adori thread!

I can help with the resin/body hybrid from post #1 @morganatron - my cream white Adori head is on a white skin Peakswoods body. The neck fit is perfect, and the head looks proportional on the body. The resin match is 90-95% (Peakswoods cream white is just a tiny bit pinker than Harucastings), but with a faceup you can't really tell that the body and head don't perfectly match.

This is 'Addie', my Harucasting Adori. <3

[​IMG]

9. I'm glad to see this discussion and thanks for the information. I've really been smitten with these faces and am considering a preorder. I assume it takes a few months or more for the doll to be delivered, but would be worth the wait.

10. I don't have very many pictures of my Adori since I got his body shortly before we started packing for a move, but I can add to the resin match list! Impldoll Realskin (non-UV) matches Haru's Volks #2 Normal, which is the newer Volks Normal IIRC.

11. Agh I love the smiling Adori sculpt! I really want to get one on the V.2 boy body in Milky Chocolate I think, but I have to figure out if he fits into my dolly plans ATM :P I can't wait to see more Adoris as the company gets more popular!

12. This foll is so cute and the vitiligo tests are to die for I have been watching their work for awhile now!

13. Adori is freaking cute! I can't wait until I actually get to work on mine, stupid job keeps me too busy this time of the year.

That being said old customhouse bodies will not work without modding. The neck is entirely too big for Adori's neck hole. I'm going to be getting mine the type 2 body as soon as I confirm my funds... hopefully with a smiling Adori too. She needs a impish twin brother, I think.

14. They're one of the cutest tinies I've seen. The one thing holding me back from ordering is that there doesn't seem to be a way to order with a face up (unless I've misread?). But I'm still considering it because they're just that adorable.

15. Haru doesn't do their own face-ups. But I do know that if you want they are willing to send you Adori directly to your face-up artist.

I'm going to get 2 adori's sent to me (probably in march) and 1 is for someone else and is only coming to visit here for the face-up :)

16. how's the resin match with Soom's white skin?

17. @elf-ears

I was originally going to put my Adori on a Soom Cream White body. The neck size and proportions were great, but the color was off. I have a body from the Feny/Necy original release, and I'd say it was around a 75 - 80% match. I found Soom's color to be a fair amount more yellowy than Harucasting's CW.

I can't speak for other Soom CW colors, and Soom is notorious for changing their colors from batch to batch. :/

18. Shouldn't you add this to the news area also, would help the company out? :-)

19. So I'm a little confused about something: Haru Casting labels some resin colours as "moist". Are these the translucent options?

20. From what I have seen on flickr they are slightly translucent. Just enough to give a less flat look and the softest sheen.