1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever think to sculpt (even just once)?

Mar 3, 2014

1. Yes! Bought some premier la doll clay earlier this week too...

2. Once I get my first bjd I'd like to try sculpting a head with my own touch. It would be so cute:chibi especially since a lot of the dolls I've been looking at have such pretty eyes/mouths/etc but look too mature for my taste :(

3. Definitely thought about sculpting but I don't think I'd have the right materials and parts (not to mention it would probably end catastrophically .. oh well :) ) Definitely nice to imagine. Perhaps something for the future ... :)

4. I'm currently thinking about making a body for my MSDoll Laurie. For this head, I need a 55cm body that is slender and has no breasts and so far, I can't find any that I like, or fits my specific requirements. The only thing that's kept me from doing it so far: It's so. much. work. and I hate doing joints.

5. Yes, all the time! I have a lot of plans for sculpts that I'd like to make for myself. I think it's best to start small, so at the moment I've only really begun by sculpting some accessories to cast for my dolls. I wouldn't want to waste precious materials on a bigger project before I really have a handle on what I'm doing. :doh

6. I have never sculpted a doll before, but I have sculpted a static-pose figure once. I think the best advantage of being able to sculpt your own doll is the ability to make it look exactly what you want it to be. I would prefer to sculpt a figure that has a set pose because I like investing in all of the small detail, but I would definitely be open to sculpting my own doll if I ever had the time! :3nodding:

7. I AM sculpting my own BJDs. It's hard work, but rewarding. All of the weird alien sculpts I want for my characters are not available, so I'll make my own! I post the wips often, people seem to like it.

8. I think about it all the time! It'd be really fun to create your own doll! I actually tried once to make a doll head with paper clay just for fun, but I stopped when I realized I had no idea how to sculpt a face without it looking weird. It's something I'd definitely like to try again once I have more sculpting knowledge tucked under my belt.

9. I have begun working on my own girl actually, it's gonna take a while though because I'm still in the design phase....so many joints in an anthro bjd lol! XD

10. Yes, I'd love to sculpt my own doll. That would be so cool and unique as they will be one of a kind! :)

11. I've already started. I'm a beginner, and it's taken me a year to go from sculpting what looks like mutants to sculpting properly proportioned humans. I've started work on four 1/3 scale boys. Three are in paperclay and one is in super sculpey.

They're far from perfect, but I'm still really proud that they've done this far! I dunno if I'm allowed to post a picture here, but I did a progress collage between my sculpts a year apart and the progress amazed me!

12. Firm grey super sculpey is a completely different beast to the rest. I made the mistake of buying ordinary super sculpey because it was cheaper. It made me want to cry and I immediately ordered two more blocks of firm grey!

13. I already tried to sculpt a doll. It took me two month, then I had to go back to school so I finished her quickly. She's full of flaws and imperfections but I love her soooo much. I never painted her ... Maybe i'll do it next summer :XD:
      I am considering trying again... in fact if I had the time I would have already started :XD:

14. Yes I did! One day I might sculpt a doll but first I want to get good at doing faceups and train sculpting in a class.

15. I think to sculpt all the time. I think it would be the coolest to make my own bjd even though I don't know what I'd want them to look like yet. This summer once I'm down with school, I'm going to try my hand at 3D sculpting.

16. I currently am finishing up a blue print of a doll I plan on sculpting (and hopefully someday cast in resin and have a limited run).
      The end goal is to make my own dolls and have them available for others. However, I am taking a step at a time being new to the process. The blueprint is the easy part. Especially since 2D art is something I do very often. Im slightly confident in my sculpting skills, but we have just moved. So I need to find space and time after unpacking.

The biggest part Im intimidated about is actual resin casting and mold making. I also have not used primer. There are lots of resources available in some facebook groups Im in, and Im ever so thankful for that information.

I cant say it will for sure happen, and if it doesnt Im okay with that. Its a extremely timely (and expensive) process.

17. i do, i'd make the head sculpt have less of a protruded nose and smaller eye socket, and a puffier looking lips

18. I do think about it a lot, actually. But somehow I'm not willing to spend too much of my freetime on big projects like that.
      I'm studying to become an art teacher, so I definitely am an artsy person but sculpting so far always took sooo long for me. It would probably get better with practice but I haven't been able to get myself to try it.

19. I fiddled with the idea a few times. Not every time was sparked by bjd though. But I never get too into it because something stupid always comes up to keep me from it. I'm also not very creative so I would really just be recreating someone else's ideas. So, basically, if I get into sculpting it would be just for me and I wouldn't share anything that came out of it.

20. I do think about trying constantly !! Never had the time to commit though... Seeing so many people who have tried/are doing this regularly actually gave me a boost :kitty1 ...Summer break is coming, so I might get my hands on the clay then!!