1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever think to sculpt (even just once)?

Mar 3, 2014

1. Yes totally!
      But BJD are so hard to do in my head so instead I make art dolls made out of clay and wire as the joints. It's similar but its fun to find other ways to create things.

2. I have sculpted my own tiny face once. I wasn't great at it but I was pretty happy with the end result. I just couldn't get the right body for the head of a teeny tiny doll I have, but I wanted to keep a piece of the essence of that doll in a sense, so I just sculpted around the entire head, as it was really disproportionately flat. So on the inside of the bigger more appropriately scaled head is the original face. it was a really fun project.

3. I've started working on my self sculpted doll some time ago because i haven't found any mold that would be at least 80% alike any of my characters. Many had right chins/head shapes, some had good eye shape, some had ALMOST right lips... but no one had _everything_ at least about 'quite ok' lvl.
      Now i have about 2-3 molds in my 'i wouldn't be against' wishlist, 2 in 'i'd like to have' wishlist and only one in dreamlist because his lips are just perfect, i can stare at them for hours, and he really looks like one of my OC boys.

Anyway, i don't give up on making my own sculpted boy because that's the only way to make him 100% alike my Mardjelo and, after all, sculpting and joint technique research is fun! ^_^

4. I would love to sculpt my own, atleast once!! I can be quite picky, especially about eye and lip shape. I'd also like to have a try at making my own hands. I draw and paint and one of my favourite things to do is the hands, so hey, trying to sculpt a pair would be very exciting.

5. I often think about it. I'd really love to do it (I tried something too) but I don't think I have enough skill to make something that I'll like. Also I can't sculpt mouths. ; ;

6. yes, when i'm already use to the doll hobby i will try to practice in sculpting ^U^

7. I have tired it, well, still do from time to time, and wonder if I could ever be good enough.....Its probably my best artistic skill

8. I've thought about sculpting my own doll before...but I just don't think I possess enough skill! :( I would love to make a doll that was EXACTLY the way I wanted it, but I don't think I would ever be able to get it to come out right, which I feel would just frustrate me even more!! And besides, there's so much variety in BJD's, that I feel I'll definitely be able to find something that makes me happy anyhow!

9. I've sculpted a head before, but have yet to make a full body.

10. I tried sculpting once. I'm not sure I have the patience for this but I admire those who give it a try and are successful.

11. Nah. Sculpting isn't something I'm interested in.

12. I've attempted to sculpt horns, but I ended up losing interest before I finished. I would like to try again someday, but maybe start with something that is a simpler design and finish the process from start to finish before sculpting something as intricate as what I had in mind the first time.

13. I haven't; mostly because I'm better with 2d art forms vs. 3d ones! While I wouldn't sculpt, I would definitely be interested in trying out custom faceups, etc.! There's a lot of choices out there so I'm not too worried about not finding the perfect sculpt.

14. I can sculpt to a degree... but I wouldnt even know where to start with a BJD... I could probably do a figure with no joints but then I wouldnt be able to do much with them except have them stood there for all eternity... I want a mature stocky/chubby body for an original character. Shes a dwarf so I want the body including the head to come to no higher than 30cm as the taller ones are human/elves then theres the taller Qunari (Dragon Age btw if you arent familiar)

I have done a lot of searching and I just cant seem to find what I am looking for v.v They are all on the slender side compared to what I need. *Sigh* I will just have to wait and see x'D

15. I often think of sculpting, creating a doll of my own has been my dream, unfortunately I know I'd need to learn and practice tons before I could actually get something successful out of it. Proportions/joints surely are the hardest part in my opinion. I should totally try it though.

16. I wanted to! I had this sculpturing class in school which I did not get into when I signed up. I went to buy Super sculpy and just crashed into the class! :XD: My classmates were in there so the teacher just let me be haha;)
      But I did not manage to do much sculpting because my other school projects were killing my time.. :sweat

17. I always think of ways I can be a part of the hobby in a bigger way and possibly sculpting dolls is one of them. I think I'm in way over my head though because I would obviously need to do a lot of research and study anatomy.

18. yes i thought about it a multiple times but never actually tried it

19. I have thought about trying to sculpt my own doll but I do not have the talent or patience for it.