1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Head Magnets? Which Dolls Have Them?

Jan 24, 2012

1. Hopefully some BJD folk with more experiance than I can help answer this:

Which dolls, besides the Fairyland ones, have internal head magnets for accepting magnetic ears/horns?

Thanks.

8^)

2. Hm... I guess the better question would be: which doll doesn't? ^^
      All my dolls (Dollzone, Iplehouse, Soom and AngellStudio) have magnets to keep their headcap on. Some have one magnet and a hook, some have two magnets.

3. I mean the kind that are positioned to accept magnetic ears and such...

8^)

4. I believe most of the new'er dolls have magnets.

A friend of mine has an old dollzone doll who had a hook in his headcap you had to get the elastic around, but my own newer dollzone doll has magnets.

I am not sure if there are companies who still work with resin/elastic connections. at least none of my dolls have this anymore (my oldest doll was made in 2007)

5. The question is not about headcaps, she's asking about HORNS AND EARS.

It depends on if the doll comes with horns or not, for one thing. If the company's default design isn't meant to have horns and that's something you're adding for the character, you'll either have to tape the extra magnet to the head cap, or modify them into it.

If they come with the horns, it also depends on year the doll was made.
      It's a relatively new thing, I think to have them internal. Most older dolls don't have internal magnets for the accessory parts such as horns -you have to attach them outside the headcap, under the wig.

I have a 2010 DZ dragon girl who has horns, and the magnets are inside the horns and inside the headcap.

6. as JessiFlakes stated if the original design for the doll is to have accessory horns/ears then you will have small magnets space engraved to the headcap
      my soom lami, soom shoshon, soom trond and chicline EL all have them

7. So does that mean Fairyland are the only ones who include them default in every head?

8^)

8. Resinsoul has magnets for the dolls that have horns (and the design is clever, the magnets are already installed between the inner and outer parts of the headcap so they move freely and you can move the horns where you like them.

Soom has magnets for the fantasy Super Gem lines, and also for the Teeny gems that have horns--they ship with the magnets not installed, you have to put them in yourself, though you can see where they go--Soom makes little pockets in the headcaps. A little bit of Soom trivia-- if you get the "human" reissue versions of fantasy heads that originally came with horns, like Cuprit and Beryl, the headcaps are still cast with the magnet pockets. Here's a picture of the pockets (in the middle of the other stuff) ;)

http://gypsyreggae.com/Dolls10_11/hornsonaTopaz.jpg

K an J magnetics in Pennsyvania sells the right size for Super GemSoom heads, I believe it's D93 in their catalog but it's good to measure first before ordering ;) They also have smaller magnets for other brands/lines of dolls.

9. My Angell-Studio Kimi has magnets in his head for his bunny ears.
      My Teenie Gems have "pockets" for magnets to go on the inside of thier headcaps. Even my Yrie who did not come with horns. They also have "pockets" on the inside of their torso's for putting magnets in too.
      Pretty much, if the doll initially comes with magnetic ears/horns/wigs. They should have space for head-magnets. :)

10. I am not sure about that since he is my only FL doll, but I think he had those magnets cause it was an event time where you recieve lion ears and lion faceplates when you buy a fullset chicline doll

11. Dunno about Chic line, but I do know PukiPuki, Pukifee, and Littlefee have head and wing magnets standard (and Pukifee has a tail magnet too.) They're cast right into the resin in those dolls. It was a major part of my choice to start with a Pukifee. (I <3 magnets!!!)

So what I'm hearing is that many Sooms also have these pre-installed (if the come with ears/horns), or come with pockets for them (if they don't)?

Any other lines have this?

8^)

12. I don't believe any of my dolls have them, but I glued my own into my DIM Robel so he could sport horns. :)

My sister's RS Mu has them, and if I remember correctly, I think WITHdoll Juwel did.....I had the head but didn't do anything with it and sold it several months back.

13. chicline also has tail magnet (mine do) ^_^"

14. I've heard of people hot-glueing or super g;lueing little magnets inthere for that kind of thing. They say it is removeable, but I personally don't have experience with this.

Some places that sell the ears/tails/horns send them with magnets for this, too.