1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Hearts and minds? Extra pieces inside your doll?

Aug 9, 2020

1. I keep extra eye putty in some of my dolls heads. You never know when people might need it. I have also kept other small items in there (Example: extra eyes that I was loaning out or getting back).

2. I don't currently store anything in my dolls, but I figure if I ever decide to take them to a convention or travel with them I would stick my contact info on a piece of paper in their head on the off chance they ended up lost. Seems like it could be an easy measure to improve odds of getting them back in that sort of a situation.

3. I have a character that, when I shell them in a doll, I want to put a small bead in their head or somewhere. They're a Kumiho [Korean nine-tailed fox] that often takes the rare form of a male [they're known for appearing as women]. The bead would be significant to their character, as Kumiho have a 'bead' they use to draw their power from victims. I would like to find a way to keep it in the head, as they often pass it and retrieve it via a kiss.

They will have a bead in a pouch on their person as well, but the idea of a tiny little bead in the head is just a personal touch that I want to do for me.

But there was a doll maker, not mainstream, that did sculpt little anatomically-correct hearts to go with their dolls. I saw them ages ago and can't remember who it was. Russian, I feel, or Eastern European. It was... not my kind of thing, but unique. Someone could take it and make a wire cage for a necklace, if the doll is particularly special to them. I'd just be scared of losing it, whereas a bead [depending on stone and value] is inexpensive and often comes on a strand or in a pouch of more than just one.

4. Oh dear, I just hope this fair number of people will not forget to mention this when they choose to sell one of these dolls, because the resin will absorb the smell.

5. Only one of mine has anything like that...

One of my Breakaways is the resin avatar of a favorite tabletop RPG character, an Abyssal Exalt called the Alabaster Prince of Ashes. (Abyssals give up their names and formally use titles instead, but the Prince is just "Al" to his friends.) When I was actively playing that character, I had a specific set of dice that I always used. A set of small, black d10s made of obsidian.

That game ended with a TPK ("total party kill")
      The entire Abyssal circle... all five characters, including Al... ended up going out in sort-of a collective blaze of glory, and while we COULD have chosen to continue the game, picking up with those Exalts' next incarnations, we decided not to.

When I got the resin version of Al, I ended up putting one of the tabletop character's obsidian dice in his head. It's secured with a little bit of white eye-tack so it doesn't rattle around in there... and I think it's fun to have that little bit of connection between the "original Al" and his resin counterpart.

6. I have a build a bear and I really enjoy that she gets to have a fabric heart. It is a lovely thought for our BJDs but for me personally it would not work as like the really tiny dolls such as RealPukis and as they are so small it would be hard to do. But it would be lovely to do.

7. This is just so cute, and exactly the kind of response I was hoping to get for this thread. That's awesome! I love tabletops and stories like that, and dice are just so magical.

8. Wow, that's a really cool idea! I think its a nice idea to put something inside, maybe to do with the doll's personality or a keepsake of your own. I think it could be a good way to bond with your dolls :>