1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Any biographical info on Gentaro Araki?

Nov 29, 2005

1. thanks for posting this! you did a great job :D

2. thank you for all the hard work of translating it. he is so interesting, it is very nice to finally hear some of the things he says instead of just looking at the things he makes.

3. Thank you so much for translating this! I really enjoyed reading it.

If you are a man don't do it.
      You must be prepared for something that can ruin your life.

Oops. XD

4. What a fascinating look into his world. Thank you so much for the translation.

5. wow, nice! L-bi and B-el... too bad my boys are brothers, not lovers :P

6. I agree thank you ever so much, I love to read anything Mr. Araki-san has to say about his lovely works. I appreciate you sharing this with us!! hugs, gg

7. I like this guy more and more it seems. XD

And dolls have already ruined me for any real man... I suppose I should just get used to it and make a Life-sized Shirou Tachibana. XD

I certainly love being able to look into the mind and life of such an awesome creator as Araki-sama. He mentions Europe, I wonder what he would think if he saw how popular Anime and dolls are in America... he might feel a little better about being an otaku, or he could feel a lot worse. Hehehe... That would be so much fun to show him a con in America, just to see his face.

8. I am happy that you all enjoyed reading the article :)

9. Thanks Boudicca for the translation and your efforts. It was really enlightening. I know somehow Gentaro just touches my heart.

10. ah thanks! unfortunately, i've turned in the paper, but this was definitely worth reading! thanks for posting this!!

11. That was a really interesting article. It was quite dark, unless he was joking.

12. Well that's my problem too. I translated the profile which was printed next to the interview in the last mangaszene. I hope this was not posted before. I am sorry if there are any mistakes in the translation. Maybe it can help you:

Gentaro Araki
      * Born 1965 in Japan
      * Currently living in Tokio
      * alumnus of Nihon University-College of Art

Works
      * Andolrea-U-Noss (Artbook)
      * COMP-X (a collection of photos from his figures)
      * Montparnasse (a new collection of photos from his figures)

Official website
      Renkinjyutu-Kobo http://www.alchemiclabo.com
      This is not the website of a company! It's his private homepage! Please understand that he can not answer each e-mail from international visitors!

Chronicle of the dolls made by Gentaro Araki
      Andolrea-U-Noss:
      Ball jointed doll, 58 cm
      2000 manufactured from volks

U-Noa Quluts (girls):
      Ball jointed dolls, 42 cm, 2 types: Lusis and Sist
      published 2003

U-Noa Light:
      Ball jointed figure, 25 and 26 cm, 2 types
      published2004

U-Noa Quluts (boys):
      Ball jointed dolls, 43 cm, 2 types: B-el and L-bi.
      published 2005

13. wow finally!! thank you so he is 40 years old I wonder what month he was born, just curious of his birth sign!!!

14. Thank you for posting this Suzu I completely forgot about the profile ^^;;

15. ^^ You're welcome!

I am really impressed how fast you translated the interview! You did a great work! How long did you need for it?

16. Thanks :) It took about 3-4 hours but I had help from an online dictionary :)

17. were there any pictures of him in the interview.. ;)

18. No, I am sorry there where pictures of the U-Noa and an illustration or two but no pic of the master himself :(