1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Help picking similar doll

May 27, 2009

1. I've been looking for a female doll similar to my OrientDoll Tae. I want something that's easy to find clothes for, not too big a head, a bit shorter than him. He is about 40cm tall.

Any suggestions?

2. Cmon guys, my doll needs a friend

3. Maybe you could try the Picture Requests gallery for dolls? You might have luck asking for other dolls with the type of doll you have to see how they look together, etc.

4. The only female dolls I've found that are less than 40cm tall are Customhouse Little Juniors/Vintage Ais. But she is quite small compared to a MSD. The Planetdoll MSDs are about 41cm tall. I too was after a small sized female ie about 40cm tall, but there doesn't appear to be one.

5. The Orientdoll minis are such a totally odd size compared to all others - I think the photo requests forum might be your only hope. I can't think of ANY similar in size and proportion to them, but there might be something somewhere.

6. Orientdoll's tiny heads mean that the only on-topic dolls in proportion to them are other Orientdolls.

Some of the off-topic more fashion-y dolls may be in better proportion. You may want to check the sticky about off-topic dolls for ones that are meant just for fashion.

Ann in CT

7. Thanks, I'll check those out. I was thinking of getting a fashion doll for him. I would but a different head for him, but i'm afraid it won't fit, plus I love his head so much.

8. You might check out Resin Soul, too. They have a 40cm girl that might work out.

9. Thanks, you guys give good advice. I might just cave and get a girl OrientDoll, that way i'll know it'll match. I feel like i'm being too materialistic though...

10. Tinybear touched on one of the problems here.

Many of the best dolls to match with your Tae are off topic here. You could get one of the off topic dolls but you would only be able to show pictures of her with Tae.

I have several OT dolls since I do not need to try to differentiate between ABJD and fashion dolls. They are all fashion dolls to me.

Feel free to PM me if you want a small list. SOme of these dolls are much prettier than many of the on topic ones. Resin is resin.

11. I was going to suggest BBB/Resinsoul Lan, too. She is exactly 40cm tall and has a smaller head, so she will match Tae's proportions better.

12. What about a Sleetwealth Briar? I believe she is about 36cm tall. She might be a good match for an Orientdoll Tae.

13. I agree, Sleetwealth Briar would be good.

14. Sleetwealth Briar looks good...i might get a body no more than 5-6 cm shorter and put a Dae-sized Cheong head on it, so it looks more proportionate to him. It almost breaks my heart that he's so small, it seems he might be doomed to be alone...

15. I might also be able to deal with a doll maybe 26-30 cm. My Tae is an adventuring human in a world filled with different humanoid species (pixies, vampires, werewolves, etc.) so she could be a little Elven friend he picked up along the way :)

16. Maybe you should check out the Customhouse little juniors. They're very cute and about 35cm tall I think.

17. I was thinking of Briar as well, and she looks very fairy like.