1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Hobby Lobby Doll Clothes...?

Jun 19, 2008

1. Excuse me if this has already been brought up in a thread. I did a search and couldn't find anything on this topic. So if there is a thread out there on this already, I'd appreciate it if you would point it out to me.

A friend of mine mentioned to me that Hobby Lobby sells clothes along the lines of those at Build-A-Bear. I know that Build-A-Bear is too big for an MSD, which is the size of my Kaet, but that Friends2BMade, also found at some Build-A-Bear Workshops, fit just fine. Going to Hobby Lobby I've never actually searched for doll clothes. My friend is a non-doll owner, but I'm not saying she's not right about the doll clothes. Instead of wasting gas in going somewhere that's going to turn out to be useless, I would like to pose questions to you doll owners.

1) Does Hobby Lobby sell doll clothes?

2) Do those clothes fit an MSD?

Thank you so much for your assistance! :)

2. I remember seeing Build-A-Bear clothes there the last time I was there... other then that I can't really remember. :sweat I plan on taking a trip there either tomorrow or Monday so I can look at my local one and see what they have but every Hobby Lobby might have different things.

3. The Hobby Lobbys that I have been to sell some bear clothes and a few pieces for dolls, but they are all rather large. They would have to be taken in quite a bit.
      I did see some smaller Tee Shirts at Michael's however, but there were only a couple of them. You might want to try calling the store first before wasting gas.
      Yeah...those gas prices...<sigh>

4. As far as I know, the hobby Lobby next to me might carry a few bear clothes, but nothing that really looked like it would fit a BJD; they all looked too wide and all. The only thing my Hobby Lobby seems to have is possibly in-scale miniature unfinished furniture and chests.

5. From what I've seen they would be really baggy shirts on an MSD, but would be a belly shirt on an SD. ::shrug:: Right length for the smaller size, right width for the larger.

6. I've seen American Girl clothes and teddy bear clothes, but nothing good for MSD, no. There are teddy bear hats and glasses that could work, though.

7. Michaels had some generic seasonal bear sweaters & tops that fit Msd size dolls. They are pretty cheap but the fit isn't exact. Hobby Lobby might carry the same line. Here is an example:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b...bMmTlm2B7efAQ/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=560/ry=300/

[​IMG]

I got this about a year and half ago at Michaels it was on a paper hanger that had a bear head sticking out the neck opening. The doll it's on is a slim msd size. I can't find the sweater right now so I can't try it on my regular msd. I have noticed this exact sweater on other msd's though.

So you might keep an eye out for Tops that aren't build a bear at Hobby Lobby.

Some of the Friends2BMade clothes do fit check here:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163195&highlight=Friends2BMade

and there is a Database listed in that thread but I can't find the link right now.

8. Ah, thanks so much for the comments and that photo. All are very helpful. I'm so doubtful about clothes that aren't made my bjd companies, except for Friends2BMade, since I've heard all about them. And I don't know where there is a Michael's close to where I am. I'm pretty sure there is one, but I would have to look that up.

:aheartbea