1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you purchase your first BJD?

Nov 10, 2013

1. i got tyler when i went to animazment in 2011. there was a dealer in the dealers room and i was determind to get one so i did. she was up high and looking so low on herself i just felt she wanted me or just someone to take her home so i pulled her down and the rest is history.

i still have her too!

2. I was so sure I was going to save all my money for a Soom bjd :D ! Unfortunately they haven't released any new dolls I've liked and haven't seen any ones I've particularly liked in the second hand market :)

Funnily enough I ended up buying a fairyland doll. It was fairyland's Cygne stock images that made me fall in love with bjds (but after seeing owner pics of her hair being too poofy for my liking ) I ended up taking Fairyland Celine fullset :)

3. I purchased my first doll through Mint on Card. She was an Asleep Eidolon Yara Jr. I had saved money for her from birthday and Christmas cash. It was a little while before I could afford proper clothes for her.

4. I saved money for a year, but my parents were kind enough to add remaining sum as my birthday present. However, at the time I have not had any experience of ordering online, especially something that requires so much money to be transferred. As a solution, I went to my dad's accountant and she helped me to set up PayPal and pay for a doll and different goodies as well :)

5. I don't have one yet, but I plan on using my part of me and hubby's tax return to get mine. I already have the exact things I want bookmarked too. Just gotta wait to do my return.

6. I had the money saved already and kind of just decided to go for it. I hadn't bought myself anything nice in like two years. So, while I don't have a bunch of student loans to payback... why not? I bought secondhand from some very kind people through Instagram.

7. I used money given to me for Christmas and my birthday to get my first two boys (who are still on the way). It was given to me in lieu of actual presents, so I decided to just go for it!

#447 MonochromeNocturne, Jan 15, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    8. Back then I don't think companies even offered layaway as they do on a large scale today. If they did, DoD at least didn't. Had to save every penny and pay in full, used PayPal for it.

9. I ordered straight from the company and used PayPal. Back then - I think Ruki is right - layaway wasn't an option.

10. I started my first job two months before a doll popped up on a local cosplay group. Turns out it's someone pretty close to me so I offered to pick up and pay in cash 8) they ended up taking $100 off because I picked her up so fast aha

11. Helped my mom out cleaning houses all summer to save up for a Dollzone Shoyo before freshman year. Was so proud of her when I got her, and Sirena is still one of my favorites, but I think the first one is always a bit special! Was great to have a goal and work towards it.

12. my first jointed doll was two xs azone boys from amiami. (some do not consider these as bjd). I pre-ordered them and paid in one payment. The are rather affordable. My first "real" or classifiable bjd is an Idealian 72 male second hand that im buying off instagram and i am doing layaway. I'm currently paying on him. My last payment i'll probably do credit card because bills and other financial obligations.

13. Haven't received my first yet, but I ordered from Denverdoll. Because what I got was a limited fullset and I was paranoid about it selling out, I decided to do a down payment so that they'd place the order for me, and I'm currently in the process of saving up for the rest of the payment. I did technically have the money to do it all in one straight shot, but this way there's more of a 'buffer.'

14. I was a responsible adult and didn't look at my bank account before purchasing because as the smart person I was, I knew I would be doing myself a favor because my account balance would not forgive me :)

hope that helps.

15. 2nd hand doll i saw while browsing my local buysell app, i collected her the same day! :)

16. I saved up for my first doll, and ordered it through the company! :whee:

17. My first BJD doll was a DollLove Bjd and I bought her from the company if I remember, it's been a long time xD I would say I bought her around 2011-2012.

18. I know the feeling is the best ever!

19. My husband bought her for me, haha! He told me: "if you really want her GET HER." Luts' tiny delf mytyl elf, I adore her so much.
      (That's also why I saved some money to help him get the Red King from Ringdoll, his first doll. We payed both with CC rightaway.)

20. I did a deposit and paid the rest when the doll was ready to ship since I ordered via Denver Doll