1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you purchase your first BJD?

Nov 10, 2013

1. I saved every single penny and dime until I had the funds to go to the junkyspot website and purchase my first doll. It was in-stock, so he arrived fast. Faster than the clothing and wigs I purchased for him, which arrived a couple of months later. Although the doll arriving fast gave me false expectations of the future of receiving dolls because my next bjd took half a year to arrive, LOL.

2. I bought it myself. I still remember how happy I was.

3. His head was a gift and I got his body secondhand from someone who ordered a brand new doll and only wanted the head!

4. For my Bobobie I just set aside a little cash every month, then on my birthday used that + gift money to buy her.

5. Thank you Paypal Credit 6 Months no interests financing! As long as I make those 6 smaller payments every month I won't have to face that monumental price on Volks USA.

6. I purchased my first second hand. I got overwhelmed searching for “the perfect first doll” that I jumped to get a doll which was affordable and I was able to pay right away. Plus the doll was brand new and blank. When I got her I was like -_-(I think I had high expectations) but it gave me the chance to customize her. That doll has stuck around...lol

7. I purchased my first doll through Alice'c Collections too. They helped me a lot with everything and I don't worry about anything.

8. I saved up by selling doll items from my blythe collection and I sewed dresses for blythe to sell.
      I went on Instagram soon as I knew I had enough to by a doll. And after a lot of researching, reading, watching photos, comparing companies etc I found one I loved. And after 1 doll I did the same to fund the other one. :D

9. I didn't save up, I had my money ready when I wanted to own a doll.

10. Well, I took the secondhand route and had to do it in payments, still am. I'm almost done paying on her as I only have $175 more to pay, but it's fairly easy as I used my debit card.

11. My first doll was adopted 2nd hand. I had to opt for short layaway and the previous owner needed time to help me do up a new faceup.

12. When I first entered the hobby, I paid in full and bought through DDE. It wasn't very expensive (less than $200) so I didn't need to save up. Since re-entering the hobby, (my original and at the time only doll is gone) I had bought a doll secondhand off of Instagram and it was pricer for me and was put on short layaway.

13. I forgot how exactly I stumbled upon LS Min Yan after browsing through galleries of other BJDs but it was love at first sight that burned a hole through my heart and another through my wallet. Somehow I've already ended up with an AS Xi Shi body + head while waiting for him to arrive 5 months later.

Haven't told my husband yet, I hope he doesn't topple over from the size of my new boyfri---cough, I mean art acquisition. <3

I've always found certain BJDs pretty, but I've never had one who so thoroughly took my breath away as my first purchase did.

14. My first doll was around 200$ for a msd. I saved up half of it and talked my mother into giving the rest to me as a Christmas present .

15. If i'm talking about my "very first purchase" (yes I do have my self definition of "my first"), I did have a layaway and was able to pay for it in a month because it's from a cheap doll company. I don't ever think I could save for full because i'm impatient anyways.

16. I did layaway when I plan to receive both my 2 dolls.
      But I don't do layaway when I buy clothes for them.

17. Luckily I live in Los Angeles so for my long overdue birthday present that my parents promised me I took a trip to the Volks store down in Torrance and shopped for my first BJD in person!

Avatar pic related is what I got, I got the current MSD girl-type default Mako ^_^

18. I actually had all the money on hand so I just bought her outright in one go, no wait or anything, it was very satisfying :lol:

19. I got my first doll as a 16th birthday present. She was a Resinsoul Mei, so relatively cheap, and I paid for the company faceup. I was incredibly lucky because even a $100 present would be a lot in my household.

20. I was given $200 from family for my birthday one year and bought a RS Song from Denver Doll outright. Waiting for it was the longest time of my life, haha.