1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do people handle their dolls, gloves or no gloves?

Jul 18, 2007

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Sometimes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Do you use gloves when playing/dressing your dolls or not? I was curious was all as ive been handling Lilith with bare hands. If you do cover your hands what do you use?

2. No, I never use gloves when handling dolls. As long as your hands are fairly clean and that you wipe your dolls down if they get dirty, you shouldn't be concerned.

3. Gloves? no, never.

I only make sure my hands are clean, as in nothing greasy on them when I touch my resin kids XD

4. *is amused by the survey's wording* :whee:
      I don't use gloves, simply because its a bit of a pain to put them on whenever I go to touch my boys (coz it happens often!) Clean hands is important, of course, but gloves is a bit much, in my honest opinion.
      -V

5. No, I see no reason to. If they get dirty, then I wipe them off. I do avoid touching their faceups, though.

6. Ha ha ha. I just realized how bad that question is. Well, whichever way it is meant, dolls or other activities... No.

7. it depends. when i first get them, i literally treat them with kid gloves and then i realize they're hardier than that so i don't much bother later on. i'll use them to put on their wigs sometimes so i won't have to touch their faces with my hands, whether clean or not, we still have oils in them. i like to preserve the faceup as much as possible

8. --

#8 Devil's Trill, Jul 18, 2007
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    9. Gloves?! (rolls on floor laughing) no never.
      I do make sure my hands are clean though!

"Touching Empty Handed" (as the Japanese say) all the way!

Raven

10. No, I have never worn gloves when playing with my dolls. I do, however, remove any jewlery that I am wearing. I don't want to scratch them. Arlene

11. I don't find them to be so delicate that one needs to wear protective gear when playing. Resin is pretty touch, though not invincible, tough none the less. Resin is pretty easy to clean, so I find a simple 'sponge-bath' does the trick. Go magic erasers!

12. hmm, when i'm packing dolls up for sale i do, to make sure they don't get dirty, but that's with like latex type ones, not white cotton type. For my own, no, i do either wash my hands or have sanitizer handy. ^^ lol, the survey wording is funny. :)

13. Well yeah, but you are packaging them for sale. You want to make sure your customers get a 'brand new' smell and feeling with their doll. Of course you'd use gloves.

14. Nah. I just make sure my hands aren't really dirty or greasy with food. I do avoid touching their faceup, though.
      Nancy

15. Gloves nah. I hate wearing gloves even in the depths of winter, and yes my hands do turn blue with the cold.
      And I have a 'thing' about clean hands, I must wash them 10 times a day. OCD anyone?:doh
      So I dont worry about my guy getting dirty.

16. I wash my hands before handling them. The only time I wear gloves is if I'm doing a face-up, and then I only wear one on the hand that's holding the head. It's not really necessary, but that way I avoid getting any oil from my fingers on the resin while I work.

17. I don't need any protection when I dress Wu.
      I only make sure to have clean hands. And even if I fail and make his body dirtx a bit, I kan easyly wash him, he has no bodyblushing.

18. Can't say I've ever even thought about wearing gloves to handle my dolls except when I'm doing face ups and even then they where latex ones to protect my hands from the msc when I sprayed.

I usually make sure my hands are clean before handling them, since they're muck magnets but I'm a very tactile person... I like touching things (does that make me sound like a freak or what?) and the only part of my dolls I'm really carefull about touching is their face ups.

19. I don't wear protection even if I am wearing black nailpolish... And one day I know I will do a mark on Drazik's face BUT... I find it very disturbing to wear gloves to touch your own things

20. Eeewww never.
      I'd never want to waste the time putting gloves on. >_<
      Most of the time Shiro is waiting for me when I walk into my room and I end up attacking him lol.
      No time to think..."Wait...No...Stop...I Need gloves!"
      I'm not that over protective.