1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

how do puki joints work? please help!

Oct 29, 2008

1. I don't own a pukipuki but think they are brilliant. i would love to know how their wrists and ankles are attached as they are so tiny. i know the hands and feet are magnetic, but how is the elastic attached?

does anyone have any pictures? please put my mind to rest! thank you

2. Just the actual foot and hand parts are magnetic and can be switched, the wrist and ankle joints are balls, at the end of which are magnets.

3. Y'know, I haven't even bothered to glance at my girl's stringing, and she's at home now... but the fairyland site has a nice drawing of all the parts laid out in the 'pukipuki manuals'; that may help.

Edit: OK, I checked my girl, and puki wrist and ankle joints are attached with teeny s-hooks.

4. thank you thank you!! that's brilliant. it's amazing what you can find once someone points you in the right direction...

5. I took a picture for you:
      [​IMG]

6. Gah, stupid work computer is blocking images again. Thank you very much for the picture. I'll be sure to check it out when I get home.

Similar puki question from a noob: these guys don't happen to have magnets in their heads by default, do they? In other words you need to attach the magnets if you want to add the pukisha ears, right?

7. the magnets are already attached by default for the pukisha ears

8. No, there are magnets in the headback itself (to attach pukisha ears or cochon). But there are no magnets to attach the faceplate.

:EDIT: Here, I took a photo to show you. <3

[​IMG]

9. You guys are the best! Thanks so much for the info and pictures!

10. HOWEVER! There is a spot where you can glue a magnet (provided when you order them) into that triangular area that you see, and one to the corresponding location on the faceplates. This is useful if you have a loose faceplate, and the holes are already there.

11. I have attached magnets to Nemo's head because the faceplate was beginning to fall down! :D I always take it out when I change clothes.

12. Just be careful gluing magnets in that you glue them the right way around - one of my Flora's foot magnets came out the other day and I glued it back in the wrong way aorund

So now I have to figure out how to get it back out again so I can re-glue itin the *right* way....{deep sigh!}

Teddy

13. thank you for the phots, that's really great :)

14. thanks for the post. I got my first Puki today a cupid 2 and was getting a little distressed as the awake face plate was extremely loose compared to the sleeping face plate. Now I just need to figure out everything else about him. Oooh the excitement.

15. Do they hold a pose pretty well?

16. AMAZINGLY well. I was told by Lua's previous owner that she was a bit loose but I have yet to find it! She poses very comfortably and naturally just like my newer Pukis.