1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you decide on a doll´s birthday?

May 23, 2006

1. Since a lot of us here give their dolls birthdays, I was wondering how everyone decides on the day.

Is it the day the doll arrives at your place?
      The day a floating head gets a body?
      Is it the day the doll is finally finished just the way you want him/her, with the right eyes, wig and face-up?
      A random day and month?
      A date that has meaning for you, or for your doll´s character within their story?
      Do you choose a particular star sign that suits your doll character´s personality and pick out a day within that phase?

Or...?

2. For myself I just went by the day of arrival. Perhaps if I ever get a doll that I base after an already existing character I'd stick to that. Picking signs that match your dolls personality is fun thought though... it almost makes me want to rethink Kyo's birthday ^^; But I think I'll still leave it as his arrival date instead =3

3. .........................................................

4. I don't have a doll yet, but I've already decided that his birthday will be on the day he becomes 'complete'. I feel that a doll with no eyes, no face-up, no wig, and just in parts is very much like an embryo. And when it gets its features, then it's 'born'.

Weird, ne? :3

5. I picked out zodiacs for my dolls... no exact birthdays yet, I want them to have meaning within their story, so still deciding. :) Poor Enigma and Rain... we don't know when they were born or their Zodiac. XD

6. I use the day she arrived. It was special then and it will always keep it that way.

7. umm... i chose my boys birthday on the day that i ordered him ^_^ but mostly becuase it was a nice date anyway =3

8. For me, it's the date of arrival.

9. Tighe's birthday is his day of arrival. When the box was in my hands he was born.

10. Day of arrival for me too. But I guess if I bought the body and head seperatly, it would be when his/her head arrived because to me, it's the head that holds the personality. =)

11. The day the doll arrived, and in one case the day the body arrived.

Sera

12. for me, i chose the day my boy arrived ^^

13. For Izzy it was the day she arrived. But August's birthday came differently. His name comes from the month he was born, August, but he actually arrived in March.

14. When he gets out of the box, his box-opening day = birthday...

This topic is quite interesting since I'm quite confused myself when my boy's birthday is going to be.

So I said he'll have two birthdays.

- box opening at Baltimore
      - arrival here officially with me.

HEE. An excuse to celebrate twice. XD

15. I don't think it's weird. That's the day I go by too. When I finally find the right wig, the right eyes and their perfect outfit, that's their birthday to me.

16. I think I've decided... Roo's birthday will be the day I first see/hold/touch/open hs box :3 He's arrived on the sunny shores of Los Angeles, but I'm not there to greet him :'D So I won't see him for at least another week, and possibly longer if my mom refuses to mail him out here. So when I get my hands on him, that's his birthday. Right now he's just in stasis X3

It'll be the same for all my other dolls ^^ Their birthdates will be when I open the boxes. Their birth-years vary, depending on their life stories.

17. This is exactly how I feel, too :)

18. My boys birthdays are both on the days they arrived. My girl, however, will have her birthday whenever her body gets here and I attach her head to it.

19. For me, it's always been the day I bought them instead fo the day they arrived.

If I went with arrival dates, my twins... who were ordered together... would have had birthdays nearly three weeks apart! O_O