1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. In my opinion, body blushing can make or break the look of a doll. I've seen some body blushing (full body blushing, at least) that was really a bit of a turn off, personally. Though most of that is because I'm just not into the color choices some people go for, and it didn't look super clean to me. But I think I'll try it on my boys when they get here, especially Sera! (my Resinsoul Sui/Tang) I don't think it's 100% necessary, though, but I do think normally that my boys will at least have blushed hands!

2. I love body blushing, just as I love any bjd skin color except paper-white. (I can never get white underwear to look right on white skin.) I had no idea there were significant problems with body blushing! Would a sealant like MSC fix the problem?

3. It sounds like you might be confused about what body blushing is... it's basically a faceup for the whole body; by its nature, it's sealed, and it's not a "skin color," it's a way to accent the existing resin color, to alter it significantly, or to "decorate" it (tattoos, fantasy blushing). The issues with it are that the edges of joints rub against it, chipping the sealant (to which the blushing is adhered) away, and that the tooth left by the sealant tends to attract dirt moreso than bare resin.

4. A good body blushing finishes a doll out wonderfully; totally worth the maintenance hassle.

5. What's the percentage of body-blushed bjds that have chipping problems? I have no problems with my body-blushed Unoa, but she has a very light treatment.

6. I definitely want to do it for my dolls, but I only really want to do it on like hands and maybe the collar bone/shoulder area. I am going to avoid joints as much as possible since I would love to not have chipping x'D

7. on some dolls it looks great, but anyway i would preffer without blushing....

8. Currently, all my dolls don't have any body blushing, but I plan on doing it for almost all of them.
      I think I would use pinks for the color palette, but also add freckles/ skin texturing.
      My doll chateau agatha may not get body blushing because of all her joints! Especially in her fingers and wrists/ ankles.

9. I think it looks really nice, but it doesn't seem to last from what I've heard.
      I don't like hearing that it chips so easily.
      I would rather be able to play with and fully enjoy posing my dolls.

10. I love it! I'm actually working on two white-skinned boy, bot of them is full blushed. I mean, they look like a complete different skin color :D

11. I love body blushing but I don't typically do it on my dolls because I'm super paranoid about chipping and I've heard it's a lot easier to chip body blush than a faceup.

12. I think body blushing is necessary for a doll, just like a faceup. All of my dolls have it, and I fully renew their body blushing twice a year. Currently it's this time of the year, and I also have a yet another, brand new doll waiting for his faceup and blushing, he is going to be the first in row. I can't wait for my new set of brushes to arrive at my place, so I could commence.

13. I like body blushing, but as the person who blushes their doll, I also understand the fact that it's a long process and a pain in the butt to do but sadly wears off fast if you play with your dolls a lot. For me, I like to play around and pose them, so I've noticed that blushing comes off fast around the joints or in areas where clothing might rub around on it. I actually decided that I'm not even going to bother to take my dolls apart when I do blushing, too much of an ordeal when you can get the same result keeping them strung.

14. I think it usually looks great, but isn't necessary. I wouldn't want it done on my doll only because I'd be terrified of spending all that money just to see it smudged off.

15. My Elfdoll Nabee has face up and mani/pedi but otherwise no body blushing. Don't really miss it, probably because I don't plan to have her scantily clad.

One of my grail dolls is Doll Chateau Lilly full set like on their website. Paper white skin. Without pink blushing and tattoos it wouldn't be the same for me.

Also looking at Elizabeth (spider). I don't think she'd be the same without body blushing either, but she's kind of a "special case". Unfortunately blushing around her spider knees would instantly come off when extended. I think I could only pose her once, airbrush around the flexed knees, and leave like that.

16. Ah, those knees and elbows... I wish you could blush them permanently... I'm working on two of my dolls, white skins, with almost extreme bodyblush. I mean their color turned into light tawn-normal yellow, I added so much pastels. And around their joints, it is ust disturbingly white...

17. Furthermore, I don't really plan to do the blushing myself. So if she is return-shipped in ANY other than final pose (100% likelihood) it will be rubbed off.

How about Sharpies? They make different colors. Ok, sounds extreme but I'm not kidding. I wonder if they can be mixed at all like acrylic or oil paints.

#197 AdamK, Feb 15, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2018
    18. @AdamK Uh, it DOES soumnd extreme... but I plan to cover them with clothes, so it will be not much trouble. Only until the time I make their clothes... :)

19. Jo napot kivanok fiszi.
      If you do try the Sharpie and it's a disaster, I'll promptly delete my suggestion!

20. I heard it is not good because of the oils! And I think I cannot mix a color that looks similar to the one I made their bodies :)