1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. You can, with practice, dye gradients into a doll. Gradients at the joints would mean no need to worry about blushing wearing off.

Do NOT use oils or sharpies. There's BIG reasons we tell new people to do these things the right way- someone else has already tried the wrong way. If you want to experiment you should do it on waste or scrap resin and note that other people have ruined dolls with Sharpie, nail polish, human make up, etc so you really do not need to try those.

2. Do you know a source for waste or scrap resin?

3. Body blushing adds such a lovely finished look to dolls! I love how it looks when there is a bit of blushing, it makes everything blend so much more smoothly than if it's a fully face-upped doll on a body with no blushing.

Hi! So, you can get two part epoxy resin from craft stores and mix it and use a silicon mold (or a disposable tupperware would also be fine as a mold) to make resin for testing stuff out on. I'm almost positive it would act the same as doll resin, as it displays similar properties (i.e. you know if two part epoxy resin is bad if one of the bottles is yellow, as it's old, just like how an older doll will have yellowed). And it wouldn't be very expensive. If you can't find opaque/white resin, you can use transparent resin and add various pigments to make it white or skin colour.

Of course, there's probably a source of cheap dolls or doll parts, hopefully someone else might know a place, but there's a solution just in case.

4. I Like body blushing, if it is subtle. You know where the sun naturally kisses your skin after a few hours outdoors ? This is what appeals to me for a doll. Just makes them more lifelike and realistic, I think. Even with clothes on, I know blushing is there and may peek out with certain outfits she wears. It also softens and defines collar bones and tops of knees, etc.

5. The MP here, or other secondhand legit sites. People sometimes sell bits and pieces or old mod projects.

6. i love body blushing and i do have feel wanna do it for my doll but im afraid it will wars off easily since my dolls changed clothes a lot. unless i have doll which is naked all the time, then it would be ok to do body blushing

7. You can also check out some dealers for inexpensive things. Alice's Collections, for example, often has discounts on some of their in-stock items; right now, there are a number of heads available for $20 or $25 each. :)
      Dolls & Heads In Stock : Alice's Collections

8. Perfect! Thanks

9. personally, i think body blushing is just as great to give more life to your doll, but then if me, personally owning it, i don't think i'd want that bc my hands get pretty sweaty at times and i wouldn't want to be not able to hold my doll (i currently don't have gloves and i don't want to hold my doll with gloves either, except for the head with faceup)

10. There are pros and cons. Blushed dolls look more natural and complete, but on the other hand it can end with scrapping. I personally ordered blushing on my doll just to see how it looks in realiy.

11. I LOVE body blushing~ the joints rubbing off is a bummer, but I try to put long socks on them t knee joints and such to help hide any chips. I love the exaggerated style, and the natural style honestly, it depends on the doll for me..but a doll without any is a bit unfinished looking imo...maybe selective blushing?

12. I love blushed dolls! Its so much more...complete and pretty. But i hate to do it XD

13. Not something I prefer on my own dolls. Love seeing it on others, just not personally for me. XD; I've seen some gorgeous body work and seen it done so lovingly.

I just don't personally like it on my own dolls.

14. I like how blushing looks and I have it on my fantasy parts for a couple dolls. But I don't actively blush the rest. Of their bodies. It chips, it gets dirty, and if it's not sealed properly, it can bubble and turn white.

15. I adore body blushing. I think it adds a sense of realism/life to them! It does irritate me that it rubs or chips off so easily, but that bothers me less than looking at one of my naked dolls and not seeing any blush at all.

16. I really like how body blushing looks, especially since my faceups tend to go dark and make the body look extra unfinished. I also like how it tends to highlight subtle details in the sculpt... I dunno, I'm a big fan even though I cover my dolls' bodies pretty completely if at all possible.

17. although it wears off and kinda chips quite easily, I still love how it looks in my dolls especially around the knuckles. And since I'm a fan of hyper realism, i love how it accentuates the otherwise subtle (too subtle! :P) details of the dolls sculpt.

18. For as many nude photos as I take, you would think I'd be all about the body blushing, but I think it's more trouble than it's worth. It can look gorgeous, but I don't want to deal with maintaining it. Maybe one day I'll finally get colored nipples on my girls, but that's about it.

19. One advantage of learning how to do it yourself is that you can touch them up or redo the blushing yourself when it chips or rubs off. I love the look and it gives me a way to 'bond' with my dolls.

20. I don't have any dolls with body blushing yet. It's really pretty, but I wouldn't want the upkeep of body blushing. It's not really worth it unless you're going to take lots of pics showing skin. I might do it on the hands, but nothing other than that.