1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. It can look really nice! I don't bother though, because I keep my dolls quite covered up. I feel like body blushing is only worth it if you're going to have those areas uncovered at least part of the time.

2. For my own dolls, I tend not to blush the body unless it's on a character that it will show. I do like doing hands though.

3. I always put blush on my dolls, it makes them come alive! It gives me a thrill. I only use light rose and even if it may come off, I can redo it.

4. It's important to me with most of my dolls. I don't like colourless hands, nipple-less boobs, or hairless male chests. I'll give them pubes, scars, chest hair, areolas, and a very pink crotch and butt area, and make sure their hands look alive. Without that, the whole doll is just that to me. I just have to do a better job sealing "jointed" torsos.

5. I find it really fun to do, though I guess it breaking off isn't a problem to us who do it ourselves since we can just re-do it. Anyways I almost always blush abdominal muscles because I find they look funny with just the sculpt. Even with dolls I'm dressing up, I'll blush them anyways incase I want to take pictures without it. For me its like just a step of blushing to do the whole thing.

6. I think it look good when its done lightly and the original color is till prominent in those areas.

7. I prefer to leave mine un-blushed just because I think its pointless, unless you have your doll's clothes off most or all of the time. I do however like hand blushing because they are seen more and you pose with them.

8. To me, it helps them seem more realistic so I do it. Plus, it's just nice to sit down with your dolls and paint them.

9. I think it looks pretty but it's such a pain in the butt to KEEP it looking nice. Clothes rub it off, handling rubs it off, it ends up looking kind of dirty after awhile... I got my minifee boy blushed because he has a scar arm I wanted painted, and it would've looked silly just getting that arm done. Honestly, though, I wouldn't do it again. I like to play with and pose my dolls, change their clothes, ect. and he's got scratches all over his blushing now because of handling. Unless you can do your own blushing and don't mind replacing it when it wears out, I don't recommend unless it's just a display doll that doesn't get played with or handled often. Blushing can get pretty pricey after awhile if you can't do it yourself.

10. I always thought that body blushing looks super cool, but i'm too afraid to get it! My dolls are always wearing clothes, so I would be too scared of it rubbing completely off. I have considered hand blushing though, but again i'm worried about it wearing off since I have a tendency to hold and rub my dolls' hands when i'm stressed. My Mei's hands look cute enough without blushing, but i'm considering getting Edward's hands blushed by the same artist that is doing his faceup in order to match the character a bit more.

11. I think it looks nice when done but it seems like it would be a lot of work to keep it looking good. Personally I wouldn't body blush my own dolls but I do like the look of it on others!

12. I absolutely loved blushing my doll! So I think even if it wears off easily, I won't mind doing it again because it was so enjoyable! ^^ It also helped me appreciate the sculpt so much more because it did half the work of figuring out where to blush and add shadows ect ect

13. I would love to body brush my dolls, so they can look more realistic. But because body brush will just chip off when play for some time, I decided not to blush the full body, until some day it won't. For not brush the hand hand maybe the neck is the best opinion in my opinion.

14. Body blushings are really beautiful and realistic but I don't want the hassle to keep maintaining them as they wear off easily due to rubbing and scratching while posing. Unless the dolls have specific tattoos, scars or moles, etc, on certain parts of the body, I'll have those sprayed, avoiding the joints.

15. I was lucky to buy one secondhand doll with full body blushing. The chipping is noticeable in the joints but on the hands and feet it looks very lovely and realistic. I'd be inclined to partial body-blushing of hands and feet in the future.

16. I personally could do without body blushing. My dolls' bodies are covered most of the time, and even when the joints DO show the blushing doesn't extend inside the joint and looks strange. It also chips off with time, so I'm just as glad that my dolls aren't blushed at all.

17. Does anyone do DIY blushing?

18. I'm not a big fan of body blushing. I find most of the blushing on dolls can be really heavy, although lighter blushing can look very nice and give that realistic touch sometimes.

I wouldn't want any of the blushing chipping on me though, especially when it costs extra money! So I rather not have it, personally.

19. Body blushing is a necessity for me! But, I find they can be quite expensive. So for my first doll, I don't think I'm gonna get one right away. I may one day send it off to a bjd faceup artist to help do it for me instead. o.o

BTW, if anyone of you know a good artist who does cheap body blushing, please let me know! Thank you! ^-^

20. A must have, same with freckles. They feel more complete, real, after. I don't mind it wearing off or getting damaged, it can always be redone.
      Also, I have a preference in natural palettes, though my newest baby will be shaded with greys and blacks.