1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. I ordered my first doll in white skin and she's a little girl, so i wasnt going to go crazy on her body. My plan was to add a little color to her hands, elbows and knees, but I'm a little worried, though, because of all the posts saying it wears off/chips too easily...

2. If it shows, I like the idea of it. If it doesn't show, I don't really care if it's on or off, tbh.
      I feel like that varies between characters. But the fact it would rub off after a while of being handled makes putting clothes on them kind of a pain, I imagine, so I would totally understand someone's viewpoint if they were to dislike it in general. I wouldn't want my hard work or cash spent to be rubbed off so easily. DX

3. I like body blushing a lot. I'm more of a contour the shadows than add rosy cute knees or something though. I think a doll looks a little naked if their face is all done but the rest of their resin is flat.

I also really like "manicures," like, literally any paint on nails even if it's just a translucent white to look like natural nails.

4. I think body blushing isn't necessary in human body but it definitely will be a sexy looking.
      And it can't without body blushing on pet doll and monster body or something is still missing on them.

5. Body blushing is so nice looking, but stuff that’s so delicate like that annoys me lol. My characters usually cover most of their skin anyways, so I don’t see the point, aside from hand blushing.

6. I’m a huge fan of it and tbh I wanna learn how to do it myself. I think it gives dolls a finished look and adds some dimension. Without, reminds me almost if a face with just foundation on.

7. Darker colored resin looks waxy and lifeless if not contoured. Body blushing is therefore mandatory for any of my dolls with darker resin.

For the rest, it depends on the doll. If the doll is never going to be in clothing that shows off enough of its bare body to matter (lighter resin dolls can get away with this so much easier), I don't really feel like spending money on something that will be covered constantly.

8. I really like body blushing even though its makes caring a lot more complicated, however, I do enjoy customizing so its ok for me to redo it every once in a while.

9. I'm kinda torn about body blushing. I love the look but I'm afraid of chipping and the like because I handle my dolls quite often..I have one doll that I blushed his hands and feet, I might try to blush his chest and see how it holds up.

10. I think it looks stunning but I personally wouldn't get it because I feel like I would not want to touch my doll for fear of ruining the blushing...

11. Blushing can really turn a doll into a work of art! I think that if you buy a doll to display nude or with tattoos it might further enhance their persona. Most of the time blushing really suits a doll, especially tall and thin fashion bjds.
      Unfortunately, if a doll is wearing long clothes or handled a lot it can hide or damage the blushing. I think in that case it might be better to save the money for more dolls :sweat

I really wanted blushing for my new doll but just settled for putting it on the hands because I love manicures and everything else is most likely going to be hidden by her clothing.

12. I’ve seen body blushing I really like and body blushing I really didn’t care for. I think it’s once of those case by case things for me at least. Neither of my dolls have it but they’re very lightly colored and typically wear very concealing clothing. I’d be worried if it was delicate and I messed up the blushing. I don’t think I have the tools to properly apply it myself so I think I’ll steer clear and admire from afar for the time being!

13. I think it can be super gorgeous when done well! :D It brings a lot of life to the doll. But, for myself, I don't think I'd ever opt for body blushing because I like to dress up my doll a lot so I touch him often and I'd be afraid of messing it up. Plus his clothes would cover it in most cases anyway, aside from his hands.

I'm pretty good in Photoshop though so I've done edited body blushing in the past!

14. I like body blushing a lot, makes the dolls more alive in my opinion. However, since I enjoy more winter outfits, I guess it wouldn't be that much needed in my case :roll:

15. I love it, despite not having any dolls with body blushing yet. I wish Fairyland offered if. But, there isn’t any point if the doll is fully clothed. I’m on the fence

16. For upper torsos, I think it works very well. Collarbones and hands in particular always look great blushed!

For everything else, I'd go with "pass." Joints rub and the paint chips off. I would find it very hard to maintain if all my dolls had full body blushing and I was a real stickler about keeping them pristine.

I do have one doll where it's been an absolute lifesaver though! My hybrid early Soulkid has a French resin head and there was no chance of finding a matching body for it, so his heavily-blushed and freckled Volks oldskin body does a great job at masking the color difference.

17. i love it but i hate now easily it chips. its such an annoyance. nowadays i only blush areas that are visible when taking photos im lazy.

(also a pet peeve of mine is when i blush nips and they end up looking like pimples...)

18. I only blush my doll's hands and sometimes their feet, but I prefer to keep them clothed all the time, so I choose not to for any other part. Plus, I am not a fan of restringing my dolls because it takes a lot of time. I only restring them once to get a feel for how they work then I don't do it again after that.

19. I'm not too fussed about body blushing as it is generally hidden by clothes. I do think it looks pretty though, it makes the dolls appear more life-like.

20. As someone who does my face ups and blushing on my own I find I really enoy it and it's a process that makes me feel more intimately connected to the doll.