1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. Aesthetically, I love body blushing, but sometimes, it's more trouble than it's worth.

When I got my first dolls, I blushed their whole bodies. Over time, I found that blushing at the joints and areas where clothing will rub caused the blushing to rub away or chip away fairly quickly.

Now, I usually only blush areas that will be visible when dressed, and I try to avoid any joints. On some dome dolls, I just do face ups and leave it at that.

#281 Kayka, Oct 23, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    2. On one hand, I think it's really pretty and brings even more life into the doll.
      But on the other hand, I'm terrified of scratching or chipping it, and I don't really plan to take all that many photos of my dolls with minimal clothing on. So I'm probably always going to skip it.

3. @ZOMBUNN13, a body blushing does chip, even if you try to treat your doll very gentle. That's why I'm not going to blush my other dolls or blush just their hands and visible parts.

4. Yeah that makes sense. But the hand blushing is a really good idea. Is that something that can only be done with an airbrush, or can you use powdered pastels and sealant as well?

5. I love the look of body blushing, it really gives dolls more life, but I agree with the many people who've brought up the rubbing/chiping issue which is a shame.(Never had a body blushed doll but have seen the wear in the MP)

My doll doesn't have body blushing, but I am considering doing the hands which I find lovely and I would imagine would be less likely to chip if the doll is dressed carefully?

6. @moomelon, hands chip even if you don't change your doll's clothes at all. I had this problem with my boy.

@ZOMBUNN13, you can use pastels and sealant to brush hands.

7. Good to know, thanks! I'll have to look into doing that with my dolls when they come in. Two of them I plan on doing the face up for myself, while the other two will have the factory paint. So I'm gonna need to get the pastels anyway.

8. I like body blushing myself it make the doll look more lively? lol and it nice when they wear clothing that shows it off a bit. I don't have body blushing on my boy tho, I'd like to maybe in the future ^^

9. I prefer un-blushing. Bloody blushing is too easy to wear off.

10. I really admire body blushing on other people's dolls. But for my own dolls there really wouldn't be any point. Their bodies are never on show because I don't like dressing them in skimpy clothes or displaying them naked.

11. I'd angle more towards only having parts that appear regularly blushed, like hands.

12. Body blushing is a great way to enhance a doll's appearance, but I personally wouldn't invest my time in it since most of my dolls are well-clothed. I wouldn't be able to see it for the most part, so it would seem like a waste for my collection. I will mention that one of my male dolls has blushed hands. It looks wonderful, but slight staining from clothes is an issue and it doesn't make too much of a difference to me since I am not focused on staring at his hands.

13. I love body blushing. However they are strong to maintain cleaned..

14. Haven't had any body blushing done but am thinking about having it done on a doll or two. My first BJD came with blushed hands and I think she looks so much better to take photos of, haha! Unfortunately the blushing seems to be wearing off the more I pose her, though.

Maybe I'll get body blushing done on a doll that I don't plan on moving very often so I don't damage the blushing?

15. I love the look of body-blushing! I think it really helps the doll look more alive and finished. However, I would prefer any of my dolls that I own to not have body-blushing as I don't trust myself to not chip and ruin it somehow.

16. I really like how it looks! None of my dolls have any at the moment though. I'm considering at least blushing all of their hands, but I'm worried I'd instantly chip/scratch it.

17. I almost have to compulsively body blush. I'm so anal about how my dolls look since they're based on characters of my own. That goes down to any tattoos, scars, scratches, or blemishes. It might have to be redone at some point, but I see that as a way to add any details that may have occurred between the last time I painted them and now.

18. I really like body blushing, and I’m planning on blushing my dolls soon! Even if you don’t see the blushing, I think it adds a nice touch to the sculpt.

19. I totally agree! It makes them more alive too.