1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. i think bodyblushing really adds to a doll - but I think its only necessary in visible areas like the hands.

2. I dislike body blushing pretty heavily, tbh. It never looks right to me, no matter how well it's done, and doesn't really add much to the appearance of the doll. But then, those are my particular tastes since I don't like heavy blushing on faceups either. That combined with all the maintenance issues has made me decide it's just not for me.

3. I think I don't really need body blushing. I like to see that doll is a doll, not a human. I like them being matte and just... Things, not creatures, if it makes any sense.

4. I would love to add some blushing to the hands and feet and knees.. But I have not any on my dolls yet.

5. Body blushing is a must for me. It completes the aesthetic of sculpt. faceup and style. It does have the drawback of adding maintenance because it takes more abuse than a faceup. Even carefully dressing and posing will wear on it.

6. I always think body blushing looks so cool! However, I cant really imagine most of my dolls ever showing off so much skin that they would require full body blushing so maybe I would just do it on the neck, hands, and maybe arms if they are showing.

7. i would love to do body body blushing, even though the clothes would mostly always cover it.

8. Think it is a wast of money. My boys wear clothes that cover body. Their body is never seen. Really hate to see the joints.

9. Only two of my dolls have it. One was from the factory, and one done by me. I do like the look but not the chips. It chips so much....

10. The character really matters to me to determine if body blushing is needed. My SD soom girl is in a super short battle dress so her legs, thighs, back and arms all show and she looks really washed out without it but my littlefee soo dark elf is in a full miko robe covered neck to toes so its unnecessary.

11. I think it looks nice and works on things like angelphilia but chipping would be too much of a draw back so only hands would be blushed.

12. I like body blushing. It makes them look more life like.

13. I am incredibly lazy and do all my own mods/faceups/etc.

With that said, it's beautiful and I neeeed to do it for a lot of my dolls because of tattoos, freckles, scarring, and on the extreme end total color changes. I'm already whining about it (think of the amount of sealant I'll have to use... lord).

If my dolls didn't need it to fit concepts? Probably wouldn't bother. It looks great, but it is a lot of work for something so fragile.

14. Tbh unless your doll is nude or partially nude most of the time I think full body blushing is sort of a waste of money..it costs a ton and won’t be on display the majority of the time. But I’m all for blushed hands!

15. I think it’s beautiful on some dolls but I like my dolls to look like dolls so the realistic body blushing is not my personal style. I have thought about doing a cute manicure on my doll’s hands that includes some light hand blushing once I get her but I don’t know, it may add an extra bit of maintenance I don’t want to deal with.

16. I love how body blushing looks, but it's really expensive to get it done, so my dolls are, unfortunately, without. I'm hoping to learn how to do face ups and body blushing, however so that I can get them done myself!

17. I love the look of body blushing but I'm worried about the upkeep. I can do passable face ups but body blushing isn't something I'm comfortable with my skill level on yet. If I get to a point where I can redo it myself if it gets chipped up I will probably do it for a few of my dolls.

18. I generally like it. It can add a lot of character to the doll. I can certainly understand why some people would want to pass on blushing a part of the body that will always be covered by clothing, though. At the very least, I think it looks nice to have the chest, neck, and hands blushed lightly.

19. I really like the look of body blushing since it makes a doll look so real, but I wouldn't blush my doll because I play with him a lot and I wouldn't want his blushing to be chipped. He also wears clothes so I don't really see the point of blushing his body. I mean, he seems fine with no blushing too. :lol:

20. I am planning to blush the body of my SD girl with normal skintone, but I probably won't blush my light tan MSD girl. I just think the the lighter girl needs a little more colour. I also sort of figure I'll blush around the nipples of both girls...I'm not sure why I'm so put off by the lack of colour. I saw a video or post somewhere about it where the OP was asking if it was normal to blush/colour that area...I forgot to bookmark it or like it etc so I never got to read the other comments :/