1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. Love the look-- hate the maintenance. Usually I'll just blush visible areas, like the hands. I think a fully blushed body can look absolutely beautiful, but with how much it chips, it's just not my thing.

2. Personally I don’t really need body blushing on my dolls. Don’t get me wrong, dolls with body blushing are so realistic and beautiful, but it makes me too terrified to even move my doll because I’m scared I will chip the blushing.

3. I like a bit of body blushing, but I never have the patience to do it properly since it won't show under the clothes anyway x)

4. I'd really love to body blush a doll once I obtain one. It makes the doll feel more alive and gives them character once it's blushed! I see a lot of people say it requires maintenance but that's a-okay with me! Until I get one of course then I'd be saying something else haha

5. I'd love to give my dolls a nice body blushing, although they are pretty much clothed all the time... but I really have to find a really strong sealant to make it last, especially scars and tattoos... MSC seems not to be the right choice and I don't want to damage the resin, but I think I'll need seomething more "aggressive" to prevent the body blushing from chipping...
      I just feel like my dolls, need a nice blushing to be really complete, even if it is not visible all the time...

6. Right now I'm very into body blushing, or blushing generally. Between that and catch lights on the eyes, I feel like it's the final step that really brings a creation to life! I didn't know on BJDs it can require so much maintenance. As always with the hobby I gotta do more research!

7. As a whole, body blushing doesn't matter too much to me unless it's on a visible area like the hands or neck. Or if a character is going to wear more revealing clothing. I do admit it's sometimes kind of weird to see a gorgeous lifelike faceup and that plain neck right underneath...

8. I love the look for body blushing. Even just having the hands done makes the doll look so much more real. Whether I order it just depends on how much $$$ I have at the time. Biggest disappointment is when the body and faceup look like they were painted by different people: different color palette, style, etc.

9. I splurged and ordered a doll with body blushing a couple months ago- In general, I think body-blushing looks wonderful, so I'm both looking forward to seeing how it'll look, but dreading the inevitable chipping/wear. I eventually want to learn how to do the blushing myself, as well as face-ups, but as I'm partially color blind, those may not be the best skills for me to focus on.

10. I saw some people with dolls - mostly muscular guys - which have no bodyblush and look amazing, but I feel necessary to blush my dolls. Hands are a must, feet comes next, and then the chest-belly area, sometimes the back. I don't reallyb lush arms, legs and genitals, simply because they are usually not visible on my dolls.
      Only exception if they have tattoos or scars.

11. I love it but I only have blushed hands, not a whole body now.

12. I think is beautiful, but I’m afraid I might ruin it while changing doll clothes.

13. Personally I prefer my doll bodies to be blushed but that's because I really enjoy blushing and painting them. I actually prefer body blushing work to face ups!

I always tie the face up and body blushing into one overall look, so both are equally important to me.

14. I do love the look, but it's too vulnerable. I hate the look of chipped paint, and with some dolls I just don't like the idea of having to redo a large part if the paint is damaged.

15. It looks very nice when applied correctly, but I'm far too lazy to bother with it outside of hands. However... well, one of my planned boys has an unfortunate habit of losing his shirt, so I'm probably going to have to work out some torso detailing with him when he arrives. He's not the muscular type, more on the "skinny-fat" side of things instead, so it hopefully won't be too difficult.

16. I think it looks pretty cool, although unless I plan on having a doll show a lot of skin, I probably wouldn't pay extra for it.

17. I think it looks absolutely beautiful, but for someone who plays with their dolls a lot (photos, making clothes, etc) it's not really worth it... If I had a fullset doll that I largely kept on display, I would totally do it! But my girls get a lot of handle time and I just don't think it would hold up well.

18. Honestly I play with my boys a lot ...like every day...and it only takes a little care to keep body blushing looking clean and in good nick. They all have natural blushing.

19. I’m in favor of blushing. Like others said it really helps a dolls look real and complete. I did attempt to blush my own Spirit Doll body but I kinda flubbed the color when I did first a layer of blue then fleshy reds and pinks. Also I got tired of working on it and I only did the torso. :nowords:

20. I like the look of blushing but not the up keep. I have blushed my one dolls to make the body and head appear to match better than they do and plan to with future dolls. (all my dolls so far are hybrids, most with good skin matches, 95% or greater) My current doll (Connie) I accidentally blushed her face too heavily that her head no longer matched her body so I had to blush her body although I was not planing to. lol