1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. I also saw this post not sure where i think on Instagram that if you put 3 layers of modpodge over blushing/tattoos they don't chip as easily and last longer. I will be trying it on my next faceup/body blushing

2. for me i personally love body blushing i feel like it brings out the features more and shows off the sculpt better then leaving it pale, im someone who shows a lot of skin on my dolls so it also just adds to the detail of the whole outfit and gives it an over all finished look

3. I dont really like body blushing. For fantasy parts, sure, but I dont like my dolls to be graphic. If its light, I dont mind it, but I certainly wouldnt seek it out. I like my dolls dressed, so it would just stay hidden. To clarify, I dont mind dolls that do have body blushing, I just would prefer mine to not.

4. I don‘t have any doll with body blushing. I know is beautiful with the body blushing but is easy damage too. I love to see the picture that other guys post their doll with body blushing lol.

5. All my dolls with body blushing. Sometimes it needs renew.

6. I prefer dolls with body blushing. If there is an opportunity, I try to take the branded body blushing, as from experience it has not been erased longer.

7. I love the look of natural body blushing, but my doll does not have any blushing yet.

8. Blushing is a mandatory procedure for me, without which the image is not complete. I prefer natural palette for makeup and blush too.

9. I love how body blushing looks and I plan to have it for all my dolls. I am so scared of my doll yellowing badly so to me personally I think body blushing will make the doll appear fresh for longer :lol:

10. I like some blushing, but I’ve had very little luck making it look natural for me, so I usually either go without or leave it to the professionals.

11. I love body blushing, but only when I do it myself, and for dolls that I plan on being, more or less, exposed. I have never, and will never pay for it, just because it's too expensive and too fragile.

12. I like natural looking body blushing, otherwise it looks a little intense. I don’t think I would order a doll blushed since as many others have said it is too easily removed, fragile, and expensive. It also isn’t necessary for me if not much skin is exposed. I do like hands to be blushed since it matches the face up and any color difference is less obvious.

13. I like body blushing, I admire both realistic and fantasy styles of it, but, concerning my dolls, I usually blush their hands only. I don't do full body blushing as it's too fragile and easy to ruin, and I hate scratches and other imperfections that always appear when you move body parts.

14. Is body blushing something you ordinarily do to your dolls or do you prefer leaving your doll bodies un-blushed?
      I always body blush them. I like to see the colour on them, it makes them look more natural and alive to me.

Do you have a preference for color palettes?
      It depends on the doll and the dolls appearance in age. I like softer pinkish colours on the children to match their rosy cheeks. On the ladies, I might get a little more colourful with the lips stick, and I will want the body blush to be in a shade that compliments the lips. On the gentlemen I like more neutral browns, russet colours because I like their lips muted and want the body blushing to blend with that.

Does the doll sculpt matter in your decision to body-blush or not?
      I am going to always body blush the humanoids. Pet bjds don't always need blushing because it might not go with the fur or feathers or scales. Depending what an animal might have.

15. It looks pretty for photos but it usually flakes too easily and makes it harder to change poses or outfits without damaging the blush. I would do it myself though so it's pretty easy to touch-up.

16. I really like body blushing, but since my dolls long term will be pretty covered up body blushing is the first thing I cut to save a little money so none of my dolls have it. My boyfriend wants to get into body blushing and faceups though and so someday everyone will have it!

17. Personally I love how blushing looks! Is so pretty, realistic, aesthetic and delicate looking. I once commissioned someone for body blushing but sadly my doll blush was damaged flaked because of the friction and stuff. The bad side you need to be so careful with them not touch or move a lot again no friction with clothes etc.
      I love color palettes of a warm tone like reddish and peach colors. :daisy

18. I am definitely pro body blushing and despite the fact that it can get ruined fast I would love for all my dolls to have it. Just makes them look more real :)

19. I really love it! It gives the doll a better look in my opinion.

20. Body blushing rly breathes life into the bodies imo!