1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. I blushed my Mini Machina around the hands and chest area. But normally I don't bother. My dolls all have stylised looks so the lack of blushing isn't a huge draw back.
      That being said nothing bothers me more aestheticly as seeing a super realistic, heavily blush head on an unblushed body. It's always so jarring!

2. I love bodyblushing on dolls, I feel it completes the look, though not all my dolls have it, I am hoping to be able to blush some but others I prefer without, like my minifee, I feel weird about blushing her body, but all my Dz's and DC's have bodyblushing

3. My god yaaaaaas
      it brings the dolls to life like a whole buttload higher like HOH BOI
      its a shame that companies(at least ones i came across) don't really offer a separate bodyblush option like agh why-

4. I do prefer body blushing, it makes the doll look complete to me, in not a fan of the tattoos look since I find alot of then go abit overboard which is ironic considering I have a bunch myself

5. I do like the look of body blushing, but I probably won't do it myself. They always keep clothes on, and I only have one nude doll (no eyes or wig for her yet either haha) so it's not really important to me. But I definitely see the appeal!

6. I like it but I have found that it scratches off easily. I do also enjoy doing blushing. I think I need to find a way to seal it more effectively.

7. Murmur isn’t blushed at all (face or body) because I like the slick, insectoid look it gives her - it’s a bit of a chitinous feel that I think is perfect for her character.

But I like the look of body blush in general, and intend to blush my doll I have on order right now, a Resinsoul Xun!

8. I like it, but not enough to pay for it or do it myself for the most part. I've purchased dolls with it already done and I think I've done it on a doll or two over the years. I do usually either blush or have someone blush the hands though.

9. I prefer my dolls to have body blushing as it gives it some realism. If it's available through the company, I always opt-in for body blushing.

10. I love body blushing, and have been blushing my own dolls since I got my first one back in late 2003 or early 2004. I love more subtle blushing on my own dolls, although I love looking at very stylized/heavy blushing on dolls I don't own. However, I am never able to do subtle blushing successfully, I always over do it -- hard as I try, I always go for more... I love doing the blushing myself, so I try to blush as many of my dolls as I can. I do own one that was done by SoulDoll, which is gorgeous in comparison to my work, and obviously airbrushed (I could never compare to professionals, but it's unconscious!). The only thing I dislike about body blushing is the clean up; body blushing does get damaged rather quickly, but the clean up after it's beyond repair is a huge pain in the gut. It's the only time I regret doing body blushing, but then I go and do it again. DX

11. I don't give my dolls body blushing because I would be afraid of it possibly getting on the clothes or just rubbing off eventually. They're usually covered so it's not really necessary but I may give one of my dolls some body blushing someday!

12. My Senior Delf Bory has full hand/body blushing. However, I don't see myself getting blushing on my future dolls, because it's easy to chip or rub off :( Blushing is pretty, but easy to damage in my opinion.

13. I love body blushing. It helps me appreciate a good body sculpt, and adds a nice layer of realism to the doll.

14. I think that body blushing really helps bring out a doll's personality, especially if it's one that will be wearing a variety of outfits. I also think that it depends on the doll? Like, my Smart Dolls don't need body blushing, really, but my animal dolls generally do. I've got my DepthsDolls Giorria in for a faceup and body blushing right now, I can't wait.

15. I absolutely love body blushing, no matter the color. I really love seeing all the different ways people blush bodies because everyone had their own style with it. I'm particularly fond of unnatural colors on my dolls so I enjoy being a bit heavy handed and showing off their inhuman-ness

16. I love body blushing, but after recently having the service done on my doll, I am not sure it's practical for me.

The doll I got body blushed is in white skin (with a bit of yellowing from age). No matter what I do, the body tends to get stains, lint or slight scratches in the work of the body blush. I don't think I'd have it done again unless it was on removable parts like cat ears/tail, or hands/fingers.

17. I bought my humanoid dolls to dress them over and over again. I would be afraid that bodyblushing would come off during their frequent wardrobe changes.

18. The first doll I got (from the second hand market) has a full body blush and I love it. It makes her look so realistic. I find it a little weird that my other human dolls have these super realistic faces then blank resin bodies. That said, it does make me hesitant to handle her too much. It hasn't chipped off so far but I don't want to risk it, especially as I can't paint and would have to get it fixed by someone else.

19. I like how it looks on fantasy parts but I don’t like chipping so it’s a hard call for me.

20. I do like body blushing on dolls, but currently don't have on any of my two BJDs. In the first case (MSD) I just decided to order it later (1 year has already passed))). I wanted to make it for my MegaGem, but was advised not to do it as it is damaged too quickly on such a big size. So, I ordered blushing of hands and fantasy legs. I think, it worth trying to do it - I like his sculpt and want to see it more realistic.