1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. I'm a realism lover, so I do prefer at least some body blush. I plan to do a lot of photography with my dolls and I can really see a lovely face up next to bare resin on the rest of the doll driving me nuts.

2. It really depends on the char. I know a couple of mine should have blushing to make the char but often times it comes off so easily and not really necessary but some people do it because of aesthetics. Doll sculpt really doesn't have a say but the chars. Of course like the fairyland sia I would get some because of the hands and the arms.

3. I like the look of it, but I'm concerned that if I blush my girl, it will just get rubbed off and look weird with as much as I handle her :/ I may try my hand at it the next time it's dry here though.... At least a mani /pedi.

4. Mani and perdi seem to last (here at least) but anything aroudn the joints rubs off fairly quickly and I find the blushing on the body itself is subject to rubbing off from from contact with fastenins on the clothes, like hooks and eyes and press studs, not to mention jewellery at the neck and wrists.

Teddy

5. It depends upon how much and whether or not it looks real or not. I've seen some lovely jobs that make a doll look wonderful and I've seen some jobs where it looks totally overdone and fake. I do a little but I try not to overdo it.

6. Thanks! I'll keep that information in mind should I ever get around to trying my hand at it.

7. I like body blushing, but I've never owned a doll with it, so no comments on what it's like to maintain it. Personally I've never gotten around to doing it or my dolls tend to be pretty covered up so I never saw the need. But I do love the look of rosy blushing around joints - not too dark but just enough to add a little something extra. Somehow it seems to make the doll more "perfect" or "doll-like", if that makes any sense. Maybe because it matches the face.

8. I like to body blush the chest, private area, buttocks, and maybe toes and fingers. I stay away from joints though. Lighter blushi ng too, just to give it a hint.

9. -Is body blushing something you ordinarily do to your dolls or do you prefer leaving your doll bodies un-blushed?
      Normally, yes, I do. I think I have three of 16 who aren't.

-Do you have a preference for color palettes?
      My dolls are all human, so I try to go with colors that compliment their resin. Usually, I'll use shades of pink or light peach on white skin, darker peach or light browns on normal skin, dark browns on tan and brown/black on dark brown resin.

-Does the doll sculpt matter in your decision to body-blush or not?
      Yes. I do not blush my child dolls, which means some MSD and anything YoSD and smaller. If the doll is looking extremely flat or washed out, I might do a tiny bit on the hands or collarbones, but normally, I don't have any reason to blush the babies. All of the adult and teen dolls do because I think SD bodies look plastic without it, especially with heavy face blushing.

One thing to note is that I don't do a full, heavy blushing. I usually only do hands, torso and feet, and do it lightly. Enough to give it some color and realism, but not enough that every movement will cause visible chipping. I may add body hair, tattoos, freckles, birthmarks or scars if the character needs it, otherwise I usually don't touch the arms and legs at all.

10. While none of my dolls currently have body blushing, I really like it. I think it makes them look a lot more complete. We put so much attention into facial blushing-- why not bodies?

11. I thought that I would love body blushing and I do think that it looks way more realistic and complete to have it, but I just got my first doll with body blushing and I've only had her out of the box 3 times or so and some of the body blushing is already scratched off. I don't think i'd waste any more money having it done again, but if it was something that I felt comfortable doing myself I'd probably want to do it anyway.

12. Currently neither of my dolls have body blushing. I haven't had it done before, but am considering having it done. I think it would look good depending on the doll, since one of mine would look good with and the other would look better without. While the flaking may prove to be a problem in the long run, I think I'm just going to try it out and see how I feel then.

13. I really love body blushing and have always considered to commission someone but I am too afraid of the blushing comes off since I play with my dolls a lot Orz. I have tried blushing only the hand parts and it really looked nice! I also don't have to worry that much as for a whole body blushing so I think I'll probably just let my dolls to have hand blushing in the future :XD:
      As for color wise I usually like pink or red-ish colors as they really add a romantic(?) touch to girls. And the reason I said girls is because I actually never consider of body blushing on boys XD, but I think orange-ish colors suits them the best.

14. I am neither here nor there with body blushing. In my opinion it has to be done right. Sunburned dollies is a big no-no to me aha. That's probably why I've never attempted to body blush any of my dolls before. On the other hand, I feel like done right it ties the doll together and gives a finished look.

15. I like body blushing. My Miss Kitty is blushed and my DZ Gray is going to be blushed. My Husky is unblushed, but I do plan to get his hands blushed at least. Same with my Luts Abadon once I get his body.

16. I don't appreciate how quickly body blushing wears, which I imagine is a pretty obvious answer, but I do enjoy how complete a doll looks with fresh blushing especially for dolls with styles that have a lot of exposed skin. When I've worked on my own dolls, I've sometimes done some subtle blushing to collar bones and things like that, but I don't see much point in doing joints that will wear a lot or areas that will always be under clothes.

17. I think a bit strange when the doll's face is painted, and the body - no. Why body is worse a face? Especially when I see photos where hands without blush are near to face - it looks a bit ridiculous (Yet I have such photos too XD).
      Now all my dolls have hands with blush. One - full body. In the future, I want to make blushing them all. I've got only three dolls, so it's not difficult.
      I prefer natural palette, but since I'm just learning, sometimes I use too much pink >_<"
      My favorite colors - coral and peach (natural skin).

18. I like to body blush the Teenie fantasy dolls but only blush the hands and feet of the larger dolls, especially if they are wearing a full outfit.
      It is most disappointing when you have spend hours blushing, but to find that when dressing the doll - the plushing gets chipped and damaged.

19. I didn't bother with body blushing for a long time - didn't seem worth it to pay a company to do it, and I didn't care enough to do it myself. That said, I blushed three of my SDs a couple years ago and I'm so happy with how they turned out. It's subtle and adds a nice touch of realism. My Lishe's already showing some signs of wear, but my Switch boys are going strong. I'll probably blush my future dolls as well!

20. Body blushing is a nice touch but in my opinion unnecessary if most of it going to be covered up by clothes anyway. Also, white/light clothes and body blushing do not go well together unless you're ready to do some washing when it starts to chip off. But if we're talking things like fantasy/tribal/ect. themed clothes or dolls where you can actually see the sculpting, than blushing can certainly make a big difference in how a doll looks.