1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. I love how it looks and have done it, but for dolls I use a lot will not do it anymore since it does chip and shafe off. But for a doll you want to photograph in underwear it makes such a difference. I will probably try blushing just feet, hands and neck/cleavage for some of my dolls but a full body blushing, nah, it gets damadged too easily even if it makes them come alive so much more

2. I usually do chest piece from front and hands parts. I used to blush the full torso, but my experience was it rubbed off in my use, especially as my dolls are heavy SDs and especially from under the chest joint as it was moved. For men, the blushing was fast gone from their dicks as well, as they wore pants. I sew for my dolls a lot and dress/undress them a lot so a full blush would be incredibly risky. Even though I do all aesthetics work myself so there is basically no financial loss in ruining it, it is a lot of bother fixing it. But I do not like the completely blank look either, especially blank nipples look disturbing to me, so I think blushing the chest makes the shift from the fully painted head to the blank body look less obvious. And hands are just a part I use a lot, so I blush them. Or would blush if I had time. Currently I have closer to 20 pairs in line.

3. I personally love body blushing, it makes me feel like my dolls are more alive. It is a pity you have to redo the blushing occasionally since it flakes off, but I do find it worth it.

4. For me it depends on how much of the doll will be exposed most of the time; if a doll is almost always fully clothed and I can't fully enjoy the body blushing, I'd rather not do it, but if it's a doll whose body will show more, I'd definitely put in the effort!

5. I love body blushing, especially detail on places like the hands. It brings them to life!

6. I like to body blush my dolls. I'm a fan of both subtle AND dramatic blushing.

7. In my opinion the blushing give our doll human being look but it’s easy to get chips when we change clothes and shoes. So I think I just want to blushing the hands and a little bit at his chest to bring him the real look.

8. Body blushing isn't all that important to me. Chaeri changes clothes all the time and I don't display her nude. Still, I did blush her upper torso and her hands.

9. Hmm...
      Although I think body blushing is really interesting and really really love to do that, in fact none of my child is applied body blushing.
      I might tried to apply body blushing to at least one of my child, as I think it will make my child become prettier but because I believe it's hard to maintain a blushed body so I'm still hesitating to do that.

10. I actually think that body blushing makes a doll look more unrealistic. It does make it look livelier though.
      I have only seen it on photos, but I wouldn't want it on my doll. I find it strange that e.g. the knee is more pink than the rest of the body. I can't see any difference in skin tone on my leg, so I don't want my doll to have it.

11. Body blushing is beautiful but pointless to me unless my doll is going to be barely clothed all day.

12. I think I'll get my girl blushed, I just feel that a blank body next to a beautifully done face looks a bit weird. I'll probably do it myself though, I'd feel a bit silly if I paid to send her away to have it done and then it started to chip. At least if i do it myself I can touch it up as need be.

13. I blushed all mine fully. I just love spoiling them. If it chips I’ll just fix it up.

14. I really like body blushing when it is properly done. I have seen it done in a bunch of dolls, some in person and some in pics, and it is something that can look really good (or terribly bad xD) but it is not something I would do for my own dolls.
      A good body blushin is usually very expensive when it has the quality I look for (I couldn't do it myself even if I tried, I'm a terrible artist xD) and I'm too afraid it will chip over time. Plus all my dolls (well, not the little anthros) are always fully dressed so you couldn't really tell if they have body blushing most of the time.

15. I feel the same ! I find it's weird when dolls have wonderful face-up and rest of their bodies are blank. It looks like they are not finished, especially when resin is a little bit shiny on the body.
      I like customized my dolls myself, I made the body blush on my first doll and I really like made it ! At first it was to match the body with the yellowing face, but she looks really more natural now.
      I have to do it on my second one, but it takes time and honestly, I feel to lazy to do it at the moment ^^"
      I think that the big problem of body-blushing is it use too much of MSC :sigh

16. I love the idea of it but the maintenance is a pain. That being said, I blush the hands of most of my SDs, even when they tend to chip/rub off almost immediately after T_T It just adds another layer of realism to photos that I really love~

17. I'm all for blushing! As for how much depends on how much skin is going to be exposed with that doll's wardrobe. If not a lot, then just the neck, chest, hand and feet. If they're in more revealing clothes, more blush! As for the color pallet, whatever is natural. I like to keep it light. I do try not to go too close to the joints though for obvious reasons. My dolls aren't really display pieces as I often take them down and fiddle with them so that's, of course, the first thing to chip.

18. For me, it's honestly a little essential, and I fully plan to blush both of my dolls as much as possible. >o< Blushing adds such a sense of life to the body for me, which gives the dolls a further sense of realism and turns out really beautiful in photographs as a bonus! That, and I'm just nitpicky and find it odd to have a super detailed faceup on a totally blank body! :XD:

19. All of mine stay clothed all the time, so body blushing doesn't matter so much. I did have one doll for awhile with blushed hands, though, and they were very nice!! Cute shiny little nails. I wouldn't mind having that done on all of mine.

20. I'm a big fan of it. My first doll I ever got had it and I loved how finished he looked. The first doll I got without blushing felt incomplete until blushing was added. I just wish there was a better way to prevent wear