1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. I tend to like to dress my dolls in different outfits too often for me to care for body blushing. I wears off too easily, and the outfits they wear cover most of their body anyway!xD

2. I think it look incredible, and every time I see it I think to myself "Maybe I should do that to mine...." but then I don't because I feel like it would be way too much maintenance for me. I just don't want to feel like I couldn't dress my girls up in normal clothes because they are chipping at the joints or something. I think it looks beautiful, and makes for some great and realistic photos, however, its just not for me :) Maybe someday when I get a little braver about upkeep on things haha.

3. In my opinion, body blushing is really a nice final touch to give the dolls even more realistic look. But would I prefer my dolls get a body blushing? The chance is slim to none...why? It's expensive and it never last long enough. So personally, body blushing is just a waste of money for me. I'd rather use the budget for clothings...and yes, my dolls will be clothed most of the time, so body blushing is of little importance (can't show it off either) plus the blushing will actually stain the clothes and rub off even faster than expected. So why waste money...I don't mind blushing on other parts tho like ears or anywhere not covered by clothes.

4. I like the way blushing makes your doll's body more realistic. My doll is currently with a face-up artist and he offers body blushing services as well so I decided to go for it. Actually, since she's my first doll, I had everything done on her: face-up, body blushing, nail color, restringing, sanding off seams. I feel like I sent her off to a spa getaway or something. :XD:

Since I haven't gotten her back yet, I can't say wether or not the chipping would turn me off but as of now, I like how it add dimension to the doll.

5. I think it's a necessity! It just gives them so much more life and a feel of completeness. :) On dolls with non-fantasy skin tones, I prefer pinks or reds, or on fantasy skins maybe a slightly darker color of the skin itself looks nice!

6. I love body blushing. Only one of my dolls ever really shows his body blushing, and my other boys stay fully clothed, but I just get a little peace of mind knowing my boys are fully blushed.

7. Yes for blushing! I take all my dolls apart and coat them anyway as soon as they arrive, so blushing isn't that much of a trouble. I usually only blush upper torso and hands, though one of my girls has freckles all over her torso, arms and hands. Those are the parts that are most visible, and especially hands can look quite odd next to a face with face up.

8. In my opinion, body blushing really brings the whole piece together. It always bugs me to see a face with beautiful face-up but then just a bland body.

9. It depends on the doll. For dolls that aren't going to have much clothing, body blushing makes them look complete. For dolls that are fully clothed, blushing is really only necessary on the hands.

10. i like it but i dont plan to get it on my current doll because it wears off so easily, plus she is nearly always clothed so the beautiful blushing would go unseen

11. i have full body blushing on my DC Bella, but she is always mostly covered in clothes so there isnt need for full blush:/ So now i ordered face paint+ blush only on hands and its okay just like that;)

12. I've never had a blushed doll, but I think I'd like to blush my RS centaur. I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing that, and I'd be worried about chipping a little bit, but since she's not going to be wearing much clothing most of the time I think she looks a little too unfinished without it! I do think blushed dolls can be very pretty and I like it, but I don't really see the point of blushing everything I'm covering with clothing. ^-^ Blushing hands though, I'm super into that. I'd like to blush my boys' hands to make them look a little more realistic, and probably give them the little white crescents on their nails, too!

I don't think I'd ever pay someone to blush my dolls though. ^-^"

13. I love my boys to be body blushed!! I love realism on my boys!!

14. i just got my first doll and i payed for body blushing and it looks so good!!! :D i will probably get blushing on my next doll if possible

15. I love the way it looks, but I feel it functions poorly for the effort it takes, due to wear from the joints. On the torso it could work though, so I would definitely consider that! I'd also consider it on the hands as well, and will probably blush the hands of whichever resin doll I acquire in the future because it will look good with the doll manicure I'm planning.

Over-all, however, it's not important to me. My dollies are all gonna be wearing clothes anyway.

16. For me, it can go either way! I like the way it looks, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary unless it's on a white skinned doll. I feel like a normal or darker skin can look just fine without blushing (my Aelic doesn't have blushing, but his pinkish skintone looks plenty natural without it, and his faceup is very light and natural so it doesnt stand out if he's naked), but paper white dolls just look really unnatural with a done up head and completely blank bodies. (Says the person who just ordered a white skinned doll and doesn't plan to get him blushed...at least not immediately.)

And of course, I prefer completely white skin for fantasy creature characters as opposed to human characters, so they'd often have more than just blushing, like patterning of some kind.

Also, pink blushing on super white skin is also kind of strange to me, unless it's very thourough; having a fully white doll with sudden splotches of pink is a little weird to me. But in other cases it's done so well! It's really on a case-to-case basis, I suppose. :3nodding:

As for rubbing off with clothing and whatnot, I think that'd probably be my biggest reason for not spending money on body blushing (since I don't trust myself to do it). I'd probably invest in a fantasy character, like my Ilya, who will eventually have patterning all over his body, but not regular blushing for a doll who will mostly be covered all the time up anyway.

17. I really love it (*‘∀‘) ! It makes the doll look more delicate and complete.
      Even though it might chip away at some point, I hope that I'll have the possibility to own a doll with it in the future ♥

18. I don't put it on them since I know it will be covered. But if I were to give them a crop top or something that doesn't cover their belly button I would.

19. I've got a KDF that is blushed and a PukiFee that isn't. I much prefer the blushing, though I am worried about its longevity.

It just makes the doll look more complete; without it is just totally flat. Sure they have clothes on, but you still see bare bits of arms, legs or hands; and it especially stands out when you put an unblushed hand near a painted face.

20. When I was doing the research for buying my first dolls, everything suggested that if they were going to spend most of their time clothed, the maintenance aspect of it was going to outweigh the aesthetic appeal. And while I do not dislike the look of their unblushed bodies, I am sort of regretting not getting them done. Hence I went ahead and splurged for the blushing for my most recent order.

Maybe in the future I'll have them blushed--or maybe by that point I'll have grown fearless enough to attempt it myself.