1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about body blushing?

Jan 24, 2016

1. A doll definitely looks more complete with full blushing, and as an artist I love to see the extra depth and appeal it adds to the overall look of the doll. However there is the maintenance aspect, and it's especially hard to consider it if your doll is fully clothed all the time.

Since this is still a relatively new hobby, I hope one of the future advancements will be finding better ways to have body blushing done that will cut down on the maintenance aspect!
      Otherwise I might stick to blushing hands and feet, and mild blushing in some other places but away from the joints.

2. I never much cared about body blushing except for hands and feet until I decided to go all out and order it with my first EID - and when he arrived I fell completely in love with the way it added to his realism, from the slight shadowing of his muscles to the delicate blue tint of his veins. Now I want all of my larger dolls to have it, and even though I'm not sure that I have the talent for faceups (heaven knows it's unlikely that I'll ever get they eyebrows even), I believe that body blushing is something I can do...and I am planning to give it a try on my incoming boy.

3. It really depends on the doll for me.

I have one character in mind that is a winter themed doll. She does winter sports, so she would never have skin that shows. In her case, she wouldn't need full body blushing. The clothes would probably eventually hurt the blushing anyway. But I would still blush the hands.

In most cases, though, I do really love a well blushed body. Or I should say a heavily blushed body. I like when the blushing is very heavy handed and really pink.

4. I think it adds a lot of the appearance of the doll! I don't have any preferances towards color schemes, though? Whatever matches the faceup best.

5. I like the look! I'm not too sure about the wear though because I'm new to the hobby, but I'm sure they wear out fast like people have said.

6. I get all my doll's bodies blushed - even their extra hands and feet.

7. I love body blushing and the look it gives to the doll. More realistic and 'finished' but I'm too worried about it chipping to get it done :kitty2

8. I love body blushing! I recently did two of my dolls - one had a rose-y pink, and the other had a more dull, light purple. I also like doing my doll's nails to help them look even more life-like. :aheartbea

Tbh I prefer body blushing on dolls; they look a little unfinished to me when they don't have it.

9. I don't have any of my bjds blushed, but it has nothing to do with me not wanting to have it done on them. For me, time constraints have kept me from doing it.

To answer the question: I don't mind it either way in general. I'd love to get around to blushing mine up to bring out more details in their anatomy and give them more realism. For the time being though, it doesn't bother me too much that they're blank.:kitty2

I'll get around to decorating them at some point. Right now I've got classwork and crazy weather to deal with! :lol:

10. I think it looks quite nice and can really bring a doll together! I don't know if I'd ever go for it for my own dolls, as it seems like it needs regular re-doing in order to stay nice, and I don't know if I could stay up to date with upkeep!

11. Body blushing makes me nervous in the handling aspect. If it rubs off on the doll's clothes or just from use, then it can look tacky or need retouching which I dislike the idea of.
      Currently none of my dolls have body blushing, but that may change in the future.

12. I think its important, at least a little of color in the hands, nipples, neck and so. But the dolls I havent done tattoos on don't have any kind of body blushing because It takes soo long and I'm too lazy to do so hahah

13. I very much like the body blushing as it completes the look of the doll. Not all of my dolls are blushed but I do have a few that are just so beautiful they don't need clothes.

14. I like to see it if the doll will be displayed nude, but you're anything like me the doll with have clothes on most of the time. I wouldn't personally spring for it.
      It's also a very fine line between perfectly accenting the body and a garish outline of every single bump and ridge that makes the body realistic.

15. I like a nice subtle body blushing. I only have it on a few though as it does wear when you change the clothes.

16. It looks incredible when done right, but as someone who is very hands-on with my belongings the fact that it chips easily is a turn-off for my own dolls.

17. I love body blushing. To me, it really makes such a huge difference in how "alive" the doll looks. When a doll doesn't have any body blushing, it seems incomplete.

Sure, body blushing is subject to wear and tear, but that's just the nature of the beast. If you only display your dolls in one outfit and never really play with them, I could see why you might not bother with it. But for me, it's an absolute must.

18. I love detailing body blushing with veins, moles, maybe birthmark (why not?:lol:). Doll looks so alive, dats so inspiring!

19. I love the way it looks, but I only have one doll with body blushing, a doll I bought secondhand that had it already. It definitely adds a great dimension and adds to the realism.

But I don't have it on my dolls for three reasons: A) my dolls stay clothed, so most of it would end up hidden; B) the anxiety of being careful not to scratch, touch or rub against it would dent my enjoyment of handling my dolls; and C) the way it looks when it chips or wears off really bugs me.

In the end for me, it just wouldn't be a good investment. So I just admire it on other people's dolls.:)

20. I asked a manufacturer once about body blushing. They said clothes will affect the body blushing over time.
      Perhaps, if I ever want to display a doll with a lot of skin exposed, I might get her body blushed!