1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you like to pose your dolls when you aren't using them?

Mar 21, 2019

1. When your dolls are on the shelf or wherever you store them when not using them, what do you like to pose them doing? Do they just sit there quietly surveying the premises, or do you make it look like they're reading a little book or talking to each other or doing something else?

2. Mine sit in dioramas and I like to have them posed in ways that suit their characters, like playing guitar, reading a book, talking to each other, relaxing while playing on their laptop, listening to music or playing video games. Sometimes if I’m in a hurry or organizing, they might end up just sitting and doing nothing, but I try to make them look comfortable.

The off topic fashion dolls aren’t so lucky. They’re in boxes or posed on display stands.

3. I'm not good at posing yet. I usually just have my dolls on a shelf with their feet hanging off. No special pose. My FL Carol is in her display holding her wand. Need to work on poses..

4. Mine don't have a diorama or anything fancy yet, but they sit on a bookshelf next to the chair I usually sit in when I'm at home chilling. I change their poses and positions occasionally, and they all have in-character(ish) poses, but they're all pretty basic sitting positions. I just enjoy having them near me and being able to reach over and pick one up whenever I feel like it.

5. I usually just like to pose mine sitting comfortably when I’m not messing with them. Anything else just doesn’t feel right.
      This is how “must be able to sit properly” is part of my desired doll traits.

6. I would like to stand them one day, but I can’t seem to find where people get those clear acrylic stands that hold them by the crotch... however, currently one sits on a box, the other stands leaning up against the back of the bookshelf!

7. I keep my boys cuddling with each other lol, they stay on my bed with me so it’s like they’re just getting ready to sleep!

8. My only doll sits in his own little cubicle with his feet hanging out and most of the time, he's holding something. I don't have a doll stand (I should get one soon), so he can only sit so he won't hurt himself standing or doing another pose other than sitting.

9. Default when not being worked on or having clothing made is to have the dolls standing in the lighted hutch/cabinet in my living room. I try to make the poses look relaxed and human, and I usually change them up every few days. They might have a prop in their hands or have an arm around each other or something, but often it's just the dolls themselves side-by-side. The cabinet is pretty much the first thing you see when you walk into my house, so I try to keep it tidy and appealing.

Right now, though, only two in there looking dressed and dignified, while my craft room looks like a bunch of dolls exploded into pieces...

10. I usually sit them down :)

11. I keep all my dolls in a cabinet with a glass door made specifically for them, and those that I can't trust to stand on their own have doll stands to keep them safe. I like having them all standing, though their posture and overall pose depends on each doll's character and what seems natural for them. So while one might strike bolder poses, another one will look more delicate, and so on. Occasionally I'll give them a prop to hold or make them interact with one another. Before I had stands they would sit in shoe boxes covered in pretty fabrics, but I do not miss those days, haha.

12. I currently just have mine in my boxes. I would like to invest in a shelving unit eventually with glass doors, but currently have not invested. They are just cozy in their pillows.

13. Right now I don't have a display area so they are in their boxes. :(

14. Three of mine are in the glass fronted cabinet section of a secretary desk sitting on chairs - one of the MSDs is holding her pet rat (a rodent of unusual size as he's a Christmas ornament), the other is holding her daughter who is a YoSD. My SD is sitting in a chair near my computer with her laptop and her YoSD elf sidekick sitting beside her making occasional snarky comments. My third MSD is curled up in a saucer chair next to them dreaming about changes to her face up.

15. Mine used to spend a lot of their time in boxes, but I recently got a hutch for them that I'm working on turning into two dioramas. For now, they hang out on their scrounged furniture in there, sitting or laying down. If I have time when I'm putting them away I like to give them a book or prop, and make sure their posture is in-character. Sometimes when I'm in a rush I just lay them down right on the shelf, but they get mad at me when I do that :lol: of course at this point I only have 4 dolls that really have characters... I imagine if I had like 20, they would end up just sitting on a shelf more often.

Great question, by the way! It's interesting to see how everyone displays their dolls.

16. They hang out sitting on their couch / rocking chair, kind of talking to each other. The couch itself is underneath the human desk, which helps protect from light. Sometimes they hold some of their props, sometimes not. Every once in a while, one of the kids decides to take a nap on someone's lap.

17. I am hoping to make a couple of box rooms so my Tiny ones will be posed in those once done for now they standing on the shelf Emily and Klaus are holding hands. one bigger doll is sitting, and my two littlefees are standing using a stand as I don't want them toppling off shelf. My Bobobie one I am beginning to think she cannot use her legs as each time I stand her up she slides to the floor when I'm not looking lazy girl :yawn

18. My boy is waiting in his box. I like to make him a diorama, but it's a big question when will I have the money and the time for it.

19. Just sitting on my desk & on shelves.

20. I don't like to expose my dolls. When I'm not using them, they are like vampires in coffins, except is actually just dark boxes :XD: