1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How fast did your collection grow?

Nov 13, 2019

1. I bought my first one back in 2013 and then i keep getting around 3 to 4 each year, i just have sold one in this 6 years, i'm around 22 dolls right now most of them SD, as i don't have more space here i am focusing a little more in the dolls i have already and i love them so much. i don't know if i'll be able to resist whit all those cuties around.

2. For me I waited about a year after discovering BJDs before buying my first and after that I've bought an average of one doll per year for the past 14 years.

3. new to hobby this year, so far 6 full large dolls, 1 in progress. i guess i need to catch up since i missed out so much before, haha

4. Way too fast. I got my 1st BJD (a Loongsoul Eleven) in the beginning of September, got my 2nd in the beginning of this month and I'm currently waiting on six more dolls to come in. I went from 0 BJDs in the beginning of 2019 and I'll have 8 dolls at the end of 2020. *_*

5. awesome! don’t feel bad, I bought many dolls this year too! :D

6. Extremely fast. I got my first doll in September of last year. Now I have 5 full dolls and 7 floating heads. I think I might finally slow down as there are only a few other dolls I’m interested in and I need to get bodies for the heads I have.

7. Started last year and bought 4 fullset and 2 heads already. Then I realized that I need to tone down from buying dolls. I need to choose carefully from now on.

8. When I got my first doll, 3 more quickly followed that year back in '08. Afterwards it really depended on my income, there were good years and bad years, but I always somehow managed to bring a head, or full doll, home by doing my very best to save up.

9. My collection tends to cycle with dolls coming in and out but I've never had more than 10 at once. That might change come next year though because of the dolls I'm waiting on and paying off right now. It will make my full collection when they all arrive at 10, but I don't know if I'll get anymore after... :sweat

10. From one to four in the first year, and up to around 50 (not counting those that have moved-on) over the following 13 years.

But I have very little concept of how long I've had individual dolls, or how close together they arrived so I can't really judge how fast or slow it was growing over specific periods.

Teddy

11. Only been in this hobby since earlier in the year, and I currently have 1 doll, and 4 on the way! So 5 within less than a year. That's excluding an SD sized doll, as she's too big for me and I sort of regret buying her.

12. I only really started this year and it went from 1 to 7 in the space of 3 months with more on the way. I am really trying to limit myself though and work on the dolls I have. I feel like I neglected them recently because of my studies, art practice and working balance. My new guy arrived recently and I feel very excited to work on him.

13. I got off to a pretty rocky start, not liking my first doll at all and selling him when I finally admitted that to myself. But after that, I bought way too many too quickly, making grabby hands at everything that appealed to me. :sweat I eventually conceded that I just can't own every one that I like, and I while I have sold six, I do have around thirty at this point...which works out to maybe three a year. At this rate, I can keep going for many years to come. Maintaining my original buying speed during the first year, I would have had to start piling up my dolls as furniture, because I wouldn't have any room for couches or chairs in my house...

14. It was faster ten years ago. Now I get a doll once every few years. I've gotten two in the last five years, I think.

15. Too fast and too furious :lol: There is one doll, or rather just the head, I regret selling because a friend did the face up and I definitely didn't appreciate it because I was young and dumb.

I had 11 dolls at my peak, I only kept two of them and now I have a complete third and a floating head. As an adult I have to be very conscientious of storage space, I have to leave room for my husband's hobbies and it has to look presentable so it's real furniture and not just a bunch of boxes and plastic bins stacked on top of each other.

16. Ever since receiving my first SD-sized off-topic vinyl doll in early November, I ordered/owned one full 70cm BJD and two SD-sized BJD heads.

So I basically brought home 3 characters in one month xD No idea how that happened ^^;

17. I've been at this for fourteen years now, and while my collection was pretty heavily "front loaded"... with the first half of that time seeing the fastest growth... the size of the crew has generally increased over the entire span. I do periodically "cull the herd" to move on dolls that I'm not as interested in anymore, refining the collection. But even so? They're still well into Ludicrous territory now by any objective standard.

That said, I've slowed down a lot on new resin acquisitions over the last few years. I'm out of space in my display cabinets, and I refuse to let the gang take over any more space beyond that. That puts an ultimate upper limit on the number I can have.

18. I started to be interested in BJDs in 2010 but I was a teenager without money. My first doll, actually a head I got on December of 2018. Now I have 3 full dolls, one head which will become full doll maybe still in December... So technically that makes it 4 dolls in the first year of buying dolls. I don't really have a lot of money and most of them were purchased with a layaway. And ACTUALLY I bought 5 dolls this year but I sold one and that helped me funding another too.

At first I felt bad about that but now I want to slow down and work on their looks. Btw it helps seeing fast people like me too!!

19. I had a problem getting into bjds: not pacing myself. I bought 4 dolls in 2015 and 5 in 2016. I bought them just because I slightly liked their sculpt and this was one of the reasons I stopped getting new dolls. I think getting one a year would have been better; given me time to research sculpts, plan outfits and allowed me to save for even more expensive pieces.

20. I've been in the hobby for almost 2 years and I'd have to say my collection grew rather fast! At least a doll a month, sometimes multiples. If I kept them all is probably have over 50. I would buy and sell to keep my collection lower. Currently I have 25 and I have a bunch I'd never sell. So I think I'm settling into my taste in dolls. I wish I could narrow it down further, but I have a good assortment.