1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How fast did your collection grow?

Nov 13, 2019

1. Quickly! I ordered my first doll at the end of November 2019... Then another one in December and then a head. I was fully prepared to stop because the head is a project doll but then a Switch Hahwa was for sale on FB and I jumped on it. He's another project doll because he's blank hehe... I think I'm finally satisfied now unless someone comes out with an amazing limited edition.

2. I think 3 months for me.
      I ordered my first doll Diez on Oct 2019, then few days after I bought 2 heads: Diez romance and Switch Ryuzo. After that, (I think) in the beginning of Nov, I got a SDF65 body with Breeze event head. In December, I got myself LionBros-Leo from WithDoll, then I bought Seolrok head, then Milktead Cabbage head from Bewithyou/Dollsbe, then 2 heads from Sto Doll. In the up-coming week, I will take home Chacha from Myadoll, Carol from Napidoll and Tamarillo and Dragon-fruit from Bewithyou/Dollsbe.

And, I am waiting for new head and body from Switch, as well as pre-order for Roberich from LLT ( I already prepared my pocket for these things)

3. Pretty quickly for me imo. I was interested in BJD since around 2010, but didn't have money for it until very tail end of 2018. My first doll arrived Nov 2018. Now I have 7 dolls including one of my grails and a floating head. I also have a few on layaway from the DC discontinuation last year (12 month thru divas) and plans on a couple more lol This year I'm definitely forcing myself to slow down a bit with my dolls because I went kinda crazy last year since I have the funds now

4. Super slowly. My first doll was bought over 10 years ago and I'm just getting my second.

5. I got my first doll about 7 years ago, then a year later got my second. Took like a four year break before the next one. Didn’t get another one til last year. But in the past year I’ve bought 4 dolls. So, doubled my collection lol

6. Not too fast.
      I became interested in BJDs in 2007/2008, joined DoA and started saving around that time.
      I managed to save enough for my first BJD (a 2010 standard Megu) and ordered her in late 2012. My next doll didn't come along until 5 years later. My next two dolls were gifts from friends so they came along quite soon after (within 2 years), I also received a floating head as a gift this past Christmas and I ordered and received my latest doll just this past week.
      The dolls have multiplied really fast in the past few years but it started quite slow.

7. I don't think my collection is growing quickly, in fact, it's very slow in recent years. I've welcome one new child last year and I'm planning to welcome just another child this year.
      But for clothings, accessories and furniture, in another hand, growing really fast. I can't keep myself from buying new things for my children. I wish I could stop, as sometimes I think I've already spent too much but...

8. mine didn't i only stuck with one.... but doesn't mean i got bored of the hobby... I'm happy with the one.

9. I bought all of them super fast and that seems to be it!

10. My collection grew by 10x in less than a month. I definitely need to dial back but I cannot help all the cute dolls I am seeing lately.

11. 1 Per month since December... but only one has arrived. I am to chill a bit at least. Since now I finally have a doll to work on and sew for.

12. I started out very slow and quickly expanded last year.
      My first was a 1/6 azone alice in 2015 with another soon after.
      I bought my first 1/4 in 2017 at an anime convention. She was my Island Amy.
      I didn't plan on buying anymore for a while but that drastically changed last year!
      I found such good deals and was out of work for a while due to an injury. So, I guess I had more time on my hands and bought like crazy. I now have 8 sds, 8 msds, 4 1/6s and 3 1/12s.
      I don't plan to buy anymore for a while. I want to save up for a new one but anything can happen.

13. i went from 3 to 21 in the past year thanks to my damn good luck at finding deals and my hyperfocus. oops.

14. I got my first doll in March of last year and now have 4 with one more on the way (oops!) The one coming in was a gift, though

15. I like to pace myself with one new doll per year. There have been times I have gotten two dolls in the same year, and then no dolls the following year. Initially, when I returned to the hobby in 2010, I re-sold some of my earlier purchases as I was trying to find the right fit, but I have ten dolls in ten years as of now. I guess that means that eventually, I will have quite a few, but for me, that's part of the fun of developing my doll family.

16. I bought my first one in May of last year, and now I have 3 sitting here + 1 head I won at a doll con, and 3 on the way XD

I think it's a huge misconception that this hobby needs to be super expensive. You can buy a very lovely BJD for $150, which is the same price as most high quality collector's items. I come from Monster High ooaks originally, and a really good repaint will cost that much.

17. Really slowly, and then way too fast. I started in 2009 with one doll, and then added one in 2010, one in 2013, 2014, and 2016. Then I stopped until the very end of 2019. Sold my 2 first dolls, and then bought 9 more between November of 2019 and now. I don't know what came over me! I need to stop. But after being away from the hobby for so long, I was really surprised at the prices being as low as they are second hand nowadays. It's kind of sad because we all know why that's happened. But it's making it too easy to buy them all!

18. Pretty slow at first, now it feels like it's exploding! My first doll and my next two (both at the same time) were nearly a year apart, then it was only 6 months or so before the next one, then a while longer, and now within the span of a few months I have three! Two as a late winter gift, and one head in the mail now, my eyes on another. I have to put a ban on myself, get faceups, eyes, wigs, clothes etc. on these ones before I fall in love with any more! *_*

19. Phew. Let me tell you.
      I’ve been admiring these dolls from afar because of how expensive and complex they were. I’ve always been a doll lover....Barbies, reborn’s, & just dolls in general! My friend on my reborn Instagram got her first BJD and I was admiring him from a far as well.. Knowing I had no knowledge or the money To get one of these dolls! I finally asked her where she got him and details like that, and I fell in love. I wanted one so bad! I finally ripped off the Bandage and got my first ever ball jointed doll! My Alexander ( souldoll JoelleD) I got him in November 2019 and he just arrived in February 2020! Funny thing, um I got a fifth motif ventiu head because come on, He’s gorgeous and was definitely my holy grail doll( he will be a hybrid! With a Dollzone 70cm body!) ....I also got a dollshe Grant Philippe in January of this year! I have no clue when he’s going to be here lmao
      Im 100% enjoying this community, and I’m definitely new and I’ll definitely ask some questions and I might sound dumb! But hey we were all there once! So to round this up... I had 2 full dolls and a head before I even got my first lol!

20. OP update ^^;

A few months have gone by. Now I own Liam (SD AS/Miro hybrid), Ludo (YOSD Unidoll Cupi), Light (SD Pygmalion Eita head), Rem (MSD DiM Larina heads/Loongsoul hyprid) that's right, she has both the open eyed and half-closed eyed heads on the way, an unnamed girl (MSD DiM open eye Laia head), and Near (MSD SMTB/obscure_kind Dohwee). Two of the DiM heads, the Loongsoul body, and the obscure_kind Dohwee are all on the way still.

That would make... 4 full dolls and two floating heads, depending on how you count it, since April of 2019. whoops.