1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How fast did your collection grow?

Nov 13, 2019

1. In 8 years from 1 to 40 dolls )
      Not so fast

2. Mine grew too fast! I bought my first doll in 2019 and she was the only one for that year. But then 2020 I bought 8 dolls. 2 were instock, 2 from the marketplace, and 4 ordered. In 2021 I bought 6 more. 3 more instock, 2 marketplace and 1 ordered. Plus some pukifee faceplates I bought from the marketplace.

So my total became 15. But then I gave my sister 2 pukifees and sold 2. So 11 now and I want to sell 2 or 3 more. I kinda wish I had stopped at 3 :sweat But for now I want to keep 8 of them. Those 8 being: 1 DC kid, 1 minifee, 2 littlefees, 3 pukifees, and a realpuki.

3. I got into the hobby last year and I currently have total of 9 full dolls and three floating heads with me plus five full dolls and one gift event head I am currently waiting for (all paid in full). On top of that I'm planning to get another next month.

So yeah I might have jumped head over heels into this hobby. But so far I have not regretted any of my purchases. I do however plan to focus more on spoiling the ones I have.

4. Really really slow due to the limited money I have. Most I love are limited dolls and they really need luck.

5. Oh man.

I technically joined the hobby properly this month. I knew about bjds because my friend bought one back in 2009 but had never considered that I would own one myself.

Cue 2021 and 3 years of savings because I just don't like material things. Then I find bjds through Pinterest again and bam! 2 x Mystic Kids (still not here due to USPS issues), 1 x Doll Family A and an Angell Studio Kana. All SD and I have like no room and all purchased within one horribly glorious month!

I'm saving up for a Resinsoul Mi, a Myou Doll Carr and a Doll Family H Edwin all planned for purchase next year. So I guess it's going to be 7 dolls in 2 years - all SD except for my little Carr. Well, providing my Mystic Kids haven't gone missing...I am so worried :(

6. My collection grows very irregularly.
      I joined the hobby in 2006, bought my first doll in 2008. I was a student back then and had not much money to spend in dolls. But I was very thrifty, so I bought three dolls in the two months after my first BJD order. After that, I went to 5-6 in 2 years. I had my first job in 2010, and then my collection grew very fast for two years (it reached 20-25 dolls). I was still for the next 3 years, then I had a rush again between 2015-2017. I am around 40-50 dolls since then.

7. So 2020 was when I got back to the hobby. I only had 3 to start with. 2021 all my dolls decided to show up to my door this year. Now at 14.

8. I had just one doll for 3ish years, sold her, waited another 2 years, now I have 3 dolls :)

9. mine gre so fast it was alarming, ive always loved bjds i had one as a kid and then in 2019 my collection went from 0 to 13 in a year and a half and a majority where 70-90 cm

10. That is reassuring to be honest because it was basically the same for me :lol:.

11. Would have been a lot faster if I wasn't also buying lolita clothing regularly, lol.

It's been almost exactly a year since I put in my first order; I currently have six full dolls, plus one full doll and one head on the way. How finished each one is is a different question, though...

12. My collection got out of hand pretty fast. When the last of my dolls finally arrives I will have 16 dolls in a little over a year since I ordered my first doll. But this is it. I can't see getting more dolls, so I am trying to not even look are other dolls like that. I want to focus on what I have.

13. There was only 1 doll at the beginning, and it lasted a long time. Later, I also fell in love with dolls of other sizes, so I bought a few more dolls. It never ends..

14. Oof. It was painfully slow. If I could've found my grails a couple years ago it might've been faster. I don't mind the slow, though I still hate it taking so long to find some of the dolls I like. I don't know my number off the top of my head, but it's not too crazy.

15. ~My collection goes up and down:
      I started collecting the end of 2006; at the time I was not paying for any of my own dolls. However, I accumulated them quickly because my Mom liked them as well and my family had the financial means to purchase them for me. Almost 15 years later, I only have 18 dolls.
      I have anxiety and get overwhelmed by having too many things in my home, so I have to really EASE myself into having another doll in the house. If I start feeling overwhelmed or like I'm getting frustrated; then I know it's time to let one go. I don't ever see myself as one of those people who will ever have 100+ dolls, I mentally wouldn't be able to handle it.

16. I like bjds since 2005 or 2006 I guess. At the time I had no way of buying any dolls specially because I was living in Brazil, where taxes are crazy if they don’t steal your stuff before it gets to you. I got my first doll second hand in 2011 and my second doll in 2012 (a DD Kujikawa Rise I still have) . I had a job that didn’t pay well for a long time and had a long break from
      dolls as well. I started buying dolls again 2 years ago and went a bit crazy and bought too many in fact. I have now 22 dolls (not including tiny ones) and I’m stopping here. My house isn’t that big to start with and I want to focus more on giving attention to the ones I have, and maybe some new clothes and accessories. Also because I already got my grails and they don’t loose to new releases.

17. I've been in the hobby since... 2007 roughly? My collection grew pretty slowly at first, with me having three dolls by 2010. Then followed a long hiatus... but I got back into dolls in... 2016?17? somewhere around then, and got one new doll.
      Then covid happened, I was stuck at home with little to distract myself except work and dolls, so my collection really exploded. I've bought over 10 dolls in those last two years... it made a bit of a dent in my savings, and I'm hoping to not buy so impulsively in the future...