1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How important is resin matching, really?

Aug 16, 2010

1. How important is resin matching to you, personally?
      I personally cannot stand resin mismatching. I have an older doll that's yellowed quite a bit and put it on a newer body and I practically cringed. If I were to bring the doll out, I would probably have him wear a scarf or turtleneck.

How do you feel when you see someone else's doll on a body that doesn't match by size or resin? Does it put you off or do you not notice/care at all?
      I have no problem seeing this on someone else's doll. It's their doll after all. I just wouldn't care.

2. How important is resin matching to you, personally?
      As close as possible. Which is why I am jumping all over the place and tearing my hair out because I do not know whether Dikadoll Pink or Dikadoll Yellow will fit Oasisdolls. I can't compare the screen tone on my computer screen so I am delaying my purchase T_T.People say Oasisdolls are quite pink but Dikadoll Pink still might not fit. I absolutely loved the jointed hands from Dikadoll, but if the resin colour can't match, then...most likely I'll forget about it. I simply can't stand mis-matches, I find them so awful and...flawed for some reason.
      How do you feel when you see someone else's doll on a body that doesn't match by size or resin? Does it put you off or do you not notice/care at all?
      I don't care. It is their doll, they can do whatever they want. What might appeal to them might not appeal to me. As long as they like it, it's okay, they appreciate the doll. Not my place to comment anyway.

3. Totally agree.

4. I am making hybrids and I really don't care as long as it's not way off. Like yellow to pink tones, fine... a pink head on a gray body... don't think so. I just figure I'll body blush or rit dye to match. Proportions are much more important to me.

5. Resin match is something that bothers me. I mean, I'm not going to go bug other people with "OMG YOUR RESIN DOESN"T MATTTTCCCCCCHHHH" Whatever they do with their money isn't my problem.... Though sometimes the company whose resin matches a little less looks really good proportionately, so it pretty much comes down to what it is you want to achieve with your hybrid.

But if it's on my own doll I need to make it as perceptually hard to tell there is a difference (blushing to match, wearing lots of turtlenecks, scarves, and ties...) at the joint. For some reason hands not matching the face doesn't bug me at all. I guess that's due to how I'm used to my tan doll's face being a little lighter due to all the sealant.

6. How important is resin matching to you, personally?
      Important. I'll hunt until I find the closest match possible.

How do you feel when you see someone else's doll on a body that doesn't match by size or resin?

Size: omgno.
      Resin: Meh; as long as it's not something crazy like a yellowy head on a tan body. That would just be silly.

Does it put you off or do you not notice/care at all?
      *shrug* :/

7. For me personally, I want the resin to match pretty closely. I guess I just think the dolls look best that way. I have one hybrid, Sorren, who has a Luts head on an older Volks pureskin body, and while the match isn't terrible I'm sure I'll buy him a Luts body at some point and then get a Volks head for the body, or something else that matches better. I think people who embrace non-matching resins are cool and I don't mind seeing their dolls at all, I like how they look and always wonder why I am so fussy about matching myself when I see them! :P

8. How important is resin matching to you, personally?
      Well, honestly I don't really care about resin matching, as long as the difference isn't too far off, I can live with it. :)

How do you feel when you see someone else's doll on a body that doesn't match by size or resin?
      Oh it's not my concern at all. It's their right to do this and that with their dolls.
      I'm absolutely fine & okay with that.

Does it put you off or do you not notice/care at all?
      No, I don't care, as long as they don't cross my line ---> as long as they don't bug me about the resin difference of my dolls.

9. I would say it's very important to me due to personal aesthetic reasons but finding an exact match is very difficult and takes luck.

If the color difference isn't blatantly off noticeable in photos, then it wouldn't bother me at all.

10. It's funny, it used to matter to me SO MUCH but now, hardly at all.

11. It really depends. Like, for me it would be completely a case-by-case basis thing. If it was a doll I needed to photograph in various states of undress for character/storyline purposes and a planned faceup style that I felt wouldn't hide the difference well, I would be more into making really sure I had a good match.

However, right now I've only got one floating head, and he actually does not need to have an even tone between skin and body. It might suit his character well to have an uneven (lack of) tan going on... He over-dresses, and most of him doesn't see much sun. Plus, that also means most of his unmatched resin wouldn't show. So for him I only care about scale and build, when I do get around to giving him a body. (he does need to be slim...)

=^__^=
      Anneko

12. Personally, i really dont care if resin isnt a perfect match, because you can always have a doll wear turtle necks, scarves, or just body blush. :P

if you like how the combo looks-weather it's with hands, head, or even replacement parts match looks, it's all good and fine in my eyes

13. How important is resin matching to you, personally?
      Personally, in all honesty, resin mis-match bugs the hell out of me! I'm all for loving the doll and all but you pay a lot of money to get these dolls perfect, mis-match is an imperfection to me, on my dolls.

I notice of course, but it doesn't bother me, it's their doll. If they are happy with it I'm happy to see it around the forum. :)

14. How important is resin matching to you, personally?
      It's quite important to me, yes. I haven't tried to hybridise any dolls yet, cause I'm always paranoid it couldn't be fix with blushing D:

It does put me off, but only to the point where I press the back button or move further on down the thread. If it's really obvious, I wonder how they can look at that and think it's ok, but then obviously they DO think it's ok and they're happy with it. So I stop thinking about it :)

15. How important is resin matching to you, personally?

To me, it's different... When it comes to head+body, the match must be total. When it comes to alternative hands... I can pass it =D

It DOES put me off. If it's the head and the body that don't match, I find it unbearable and don't enjoy seing those pictures at all =_= If it's a proportion difference, it's even worst. I can stand a small color change between head and body, but not the proportion -like, say, if the head is bigger than the body or if the neck is 2 sizes smaller UXD-.

16. How important is resin matching to you, personally?

Personally, resin match for me isn't a problem at all. I used to have a yellow-skin body to match my CP head. The colour difference is really big but it doesn't bother me at all, since I love the body so much. :sweat

I don't really care since it's not my doll. Different people have different likings. What I like might not be what you like. My CP head used to have a very muscular body which doesn't suit his image at all. *_*

17. I have a tan Elfdoll RuRu head on a tan Angel of Dream body, and the match isn't perfect. It's just a shade off. For the most part, it doesn't bother me. I keep saying that I'm going to tatoo, and blush her, but I never seem to have the time. For now, I edit in my Photoshop program. I just select her head, and lighten it one shade, and it seems to match perfectly.

I've actually photographed "dolls" that were just heads (which I must admit is very challenging to pose a head LOL) so I'm not judging anyone for having mismatched head/body.

In this hobby (doll collecting), and especially in the BJD realm, I think Franken-dolls are rampant.

18. I don't really judge anyone for it, but I don't like looking at it, either. To me, with my own dolls, it's so important that I would pass up a head or body if it didn't match/couldn't be blushed to match.

19. How important is resin matching to you, personally?
      for me it's kinda important. I am a perfectionnist and it's the kind of details that would bother me. but not as much as an uneven yellowing or bad proportions. those really make me cringe.

it really depends HOW much difference there is. but head/body bothers me less than body/hands xD but if from the corner of your eyes you can see it doesn't match, it's really too much.

20. How important is resin matching to you, personally?
      Personally, I would like the resin colour to be as close as possible. If the resin is a little yellow, i think i would not mind as long as I don't notice it XP
      It would put me off if the resin was a way off match but then again, it's their doll and not mine so they can do whatever they want with it.